Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best Multisample player in IOS?

Been thinking about finding some good strings, orchestral samples and using those for my compositions. Was thinking of getting I symphonic but need to save. Any recommendations?

Comments

• edited August 2016

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Been thinking about finding some good strings, orchestral samples and using those for my compositions. Was thinking of getting I symphonic but need to save. Any recommendations?

Save.

OK. I know that's dickish, but I was going for emphasis (as opposed to deliberate dickishness :))

• Really that good? I tend to use orchestral sounds mostly as unexpected color, and Thumbjam has been serviceable for the occasional viola line.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Really that good? I tend to use orchestral sounds mostly as unexpected color, and Thumbjam has been serviceable for the occasional viola line.

Thumbjam, is more than serviceable for the occasional viola line and if that's all you need then you're well set.

• I have the Bismark bs-16i which can load and play soundfonts.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:

Difficult to recommend without knowing what type of compositions you mean and what other apps you will be using?

• edited August 2016

Only thing is that it hogs RAM. I wonder if there's one with disk streaming ability to save ram

Totally forgot about TJ!!!
    Wonder if it does disk streaming?

• edited August 2016

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Only thing is that it hogs RAM. I wonder if there's one with disk streaming ability to save ram

Totally forgot about TJ!!!
    Wonder if it does disk streaming?

ThumbJam doesn't do disk streaming (for instruments), but I'm pretty positive that all of Crudebyte's apps do.

• For strings I highly recommend FingerFiddle ,since it doesn't use samples and sounds very realistic. It's perfect for single phrases,but I don't know if it's suitable for orchestral .

Hope they make similar apps for brasses and other instruments.

• Would iM1 fit this category?

• SampleTank sounds such better now it has been upgraded to version2.0, 8 part and worth a look.

• @lfs oh for iHALion or HALiOS :)

• edited August 2016

Yeah found that Thumb Jam was excellent for the cello and violins. I had so much fun on the metro just jamming with it and people staring at me shaking and moving my iPhone around :o :# :D
    Then i enabled the Arp in TJ and drove a bass patch in ST2 that was so much fun!!!

• Yeah, actually playing the arp in TJ can be very interesting/cool.

• If you want good loads of different and very high quality strings, isymphonic is the only way to go. But i should warn you that, to get the most out of the app, you need to buy some iap sound banks. But its definitely worth it