Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

poison 202 synth coming this fall

edited August 2016 in General App Discussion

I just stumbled across this upcoming synth on YouTube. looks fun

Comments

• add the bus and IAA and AU it will be a hit. I like the sounds. looks cool too.

• Reminds me of a lot of Prodigy songs/sounds. Quite a few of them. I think they used this synth on their songs. ;)

• Looks interesting...

• Lots of classic useable sounds from the old hardcore/Rave scene days........ Bring It On!............ "Anybody got any Vera's ?"......... "Lovely!"....... :)

• Sunrizer is finally getting some healthy competition after all these years :)

Hope it's universal and includes au-x, if it does it will for me replace quite a bunch of other apps.

The UI is clean and synth seems fairly complete when it comes to features.

Maybe the arpeggiator will include user patters created ala SH-101 sequencer and who knws maybe there are modulation-sequencers hiding theree somewhere with smooth and steppy modes...

It sonds awesome too :D

• Sounds pretty good! AU please!

• Has anyone here been in touch with the developer???

• edited August 2016

Based on the UI I've only found some additions that would make it 'complete'(for me).

• Gate/Env switch for the VCA.
    • Option to use the (vca/vcf) envelope to control the Pulse-Width.
    • Additional fully routable Envelope adjustable 'curve' and optional 'loop'.
    • Additional fully routable LFO.
    • Start-phase for the LFOs.
    • Fade In/Delay time for the LFOs.
    • Modulation Matrix with at least 4 slots (any source to any destination with +/- amount knob).

I take for granted that the delay can be synced to host-tempo :)
    A modulation-sequencer (16-step with stepped and smooth mode) would be awesome...

Oh and did I mention AU-X :D
    And I seriously hope it's 'Universal' too...

Once the initial excitement passes I'll try to get in touch with the developer and share the above ideas...

• Will definitely buy this. Really digging prodigy style sounds and nice to have that style(or more like exact copies, even when it comes to names) presets that i could them tweak.

• @brambos said:
    Sounds pretty good! AU please!

+1 mentioned this thread in the YouTube video so we'll have to wait and see if the developer decides to drop in for a visit.

This Poison-202 would/will be a perfect companion for your Ruismakers :D

• Lots of good Prodigy patches on there, I've tried creating these on other synths but this one does it better. Seems to bring something new to the table.

• @Samu said:

Yes, those sounds tick all the boxes for my 90s oldschool house addiction. It needs being able to run multiple instances!

• @brambos said:

@Samu said:

Yes, those sounds tick all the boxes for my 90s oldschool house addiction. It needs being able to run multiple instances!

Agree, from the Youtube comments we've got so far it will initially be an IAA-Instrument (thankfully not only IAA-Generator) and later it will get AB update... No comment on AU-X yet :)

• edited August 2016

Why is it that all this video ads and teaser ads use retro style video? See for example also Sugar Bytes site. Just curious. This add gives me the idea that I'm looking at an app that is already there for at least a year of 5. (iPhone 3gs?)

• The layout and architecture remind me strongly of my Roland Gaia, albeit with two rather than three oscillators. Each Osc is actually a complete osc-filter-amp synth path, so you can mix two different sounds in the same patch, or have them similar but subtly different. This is also not dissimilar to the CS80's architecture. Gives the ability to do some things you can't do if the oscillators are summed and then put through a common filter and envelope. I will certainly be watching for this one!

• @ToMess said:
    Will definitely buy this. Really digging prodigy style sounds and nice to have that style(or more like exact copies, even when it comes to names) presets that i could them tweak.

yeah that's what I liked about it too. agreed I'm a huge fan of the Prodigy. I just wish their were some "in studio" type videos from Liam Howlett of the prodigy showing how he produces the kind of music he makes for the Prodigy. what a great band that kind of blends multiple genres of music

• edited August 2016

@eross said:

@ToMess said:
    Will definitely buy this. Really digging prodigy style sounds and nice to have that style(or more like exact copies, even when it comes to names) presets that i could them tweak.

yeah that's what I liked about it too. agreed I'm a huge fan of the Prodigy. I just wish their were some "in studio" type videos from Liam Howlett of the prodigy showing how he produces the kind of music he makes for the Prodigy. what a great band that kind of blends multiple genres of music

You can find some stuff they sampled here: http://www.whosampled.com/The-Prodigy/ , some of them i would had never guessed and the samples has been processed so much that its nearly impossible to recognize. Im sure there has been tons of samples that no one figured out. But yea i started listening to prodigy when i first heard breathe on mtv, i was 10 i think. Still love the album and much of other stuff they have made since.

• I like the developers 'deconstruction' of Prodigy stuff too :)

• I see Poison-202 is using the name TVF and TVA for the filers and amp. didn't Roland use those names for the filters and amps on their digital synths.

• @ToMess said:

@eross said:

@ToMess said:

You can find some stuff they sampled here: http://www.whosampled.com/The-Prodigy/ , some of them i would had never guessed and the samples has been processed so much that its nearly impossible to recognize. Im sure there has been tons of samples that no one figured out. But yea i started listening to prodigy when i first heard breathe on mtv, i was 10 i think. Still love the album and much of other stuff they have made since.

cool site. yeah I have been a fan since they started. It kind of amazes me how little they are talked about or played on the radio here in the United States. The last 2 albums were awesome, but I have never heard it played on the radio even once, and aren't promoted. If it weren't for YouTube, I wouldn't have even known that they had released the last 2 albums. I really hope they could someday make a comeback here in the US so I could see them on tour. great band. one of my top 2 bands.

• @Artmuzz said:
    I see Poison-202 is using the name TVF and TVA for the filers and amp. didn't Roland use those names for the filters and amps on their digital synths.

The UI uses the same colour-scheme/style as the Roland JD-Xi and JD-XA.

Considering we already know it will be at least an IAA-Instrument it's a no-brainer in the arsenal of iOS Synths :)

• @eross said:
    cool site. yeah I have been a fan since they started. It kind of amazes me how little they are talked about or played on the radio here in the United States. The last 2 albums were awesome, but I have never heard it played on the radio even once, and aren't promoted. If it weren't for YouTube, I wouldn't have even known that they had released the last 2 albums. I really hope they could someday make a comeback here in the US so I could see them on tour. great band. one of my top 2 bands.

Well i dont listen to radio or watch mtv anymore, but i remember "girls" getting some plays on mtv when it came out. But yea, i noticed the latest album like a year late.. Didnt like the album before that much tho.

• @Samu said:

@Artmuzz said:
    I see Poison-202 is using the name TVF and TVA for the filers and amp. didn't Roland use those names for the filters and amps on their digital synths.

The UI uses the same colour-scheme/style as the Roland JD-Xi and JD-XA.

Considering we already know it will be at least an IAA-Instrument it's a no-brainer in the arsenal of iOS Synths :)

And just like the JDXA, my iPad is a fingerprint magnet :p

• @Samu said:
    I like the developers 'deconstruction' of Prodigy stuff too :)

yeah this guys videos are very helpful. I wish there were more to watch of songs ,from their last 2 albums

• Nice! The teaser was causing me to have NAWTS (New App Withdrawal Teaser Syndrome) but then I read a YT comment indicating this will be available in a matter of days:)

Luiz Fernando3 hours ago
    I can not find it on the iTunes store!
    jimpavloff
    jimpavloff8 minutes ago
    Please wait about 3-5 days. It is not there yet, but it will be released soon!
    Sam M
    Sam M20 hours ago
    Stunning! I hope iPad version will be available too.
    Reply 1
    jimpavloff
    jimpavloff20 hours ago
    Yes, iPad too. And later even maybe in VSTi format... You can plug your midi keyboard into iPad via USB lightning camera connector and use it as a real hardware synth!

• I have to be honest and say that I've not been this exited about an iOS-Synth app in a very, very long time :D

• @Dham said:
    Nice! The teaser was causing me to have NAWTS (New App Withdrawal Teaser Syndrome) but then I read a YT comment indicating this will be available in a matter of days:)

Luiz Fernando3 hours ago
    I can not find it on the iTunes store!
    jimpavloff
    jimpavloff8 minutes ago
    Please wait about 3-5 days. It is not there yet, but it will be released soon!
    Sam M
    Sam M20 hours ago
    Stunning! I hope iPad version will be available too.
    Reply 1
    jimpavloff
    jimpavloff20 hours ago
    Yes, iPad too. And later even maybe in VSTi format... You can plug your midi keyboard into iPad via USB lightning camera connector and use it as a real hardware synth!

awesome. I didn't expect
    it that quickly. exciting

• A matter of days!!! I'm good now! Still can't wait.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was hearing the Prodigy sounds. I never know when I spout my mouth in what I think I hear, well sometimes I can be waaaay off. lol.....

• @High5denied said:
    A matter of days!!! I'm good now! Still can't wait.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was hearing the Prodigy sounds. I never know when I spout my mouth in what I think I hear, well sometimes I can be waaaay off. lol.....

Ooh yes sir, I hear it and cannot wait to feel the monster as well. I can imagine that this baby & Cyclops are going to be very good drinking pals in my bar. What a hangover......yum! :)

• The Prodigy came into the cyber cafe, below the web company I worked for in Bristol, after they played Glastonbury one year. Keith really liked the lemon drizzle cake, the old rebel.