Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Aleph Looper -- (was free for a while)

Hey, all -- we've decided to make Aleph Looper (the iPhone-only version of Infinite Looper) free. We had bundle pricing in place, to let people upgrade to the full version after trying Aleph, and from the sales data, it seems like pretty much everyone who tried Aleph wound up doing the upgrade....

Check it out if you don't have it yet!
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/aleph-looper/id1107302288?mt=8

Comments

• @SecretBaseDesign Well, I wish you all luck with this. I think (as you know) that Infinite Looper is a great app (and considerably better than its name which makes its sound like, you know, a looper :)). You should also be in a position, once the numbers are in, to give a good lecture (if not teach a whole course) on whether it works to give people things as opposed to making them pay even just a little bit etc.

Seriously, it's a really good piece of work and I hope you get the kind of sales nudge you deserve.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @SecretBaseDesign Well, I wish you all luck with this. I think (as you know) that Infinite Looper is a great app (and considerably better than its name which makes its sound like, you know, a looper :)). You should also be in a position, once the numbers are in, to give a good lecture (if not teach a whole course) on whether it works to give people things as opposed to making them pay even just a little bit etc.

Seriously, it's a really good piece of work and I hope you get the kind of sales nudge you deserve.

Thanks -- we'll see what happens. The bulk of my revenue comes from people buying stuff for the iPad; if Aleph can get more people coming in the door and checking stuff out, I think it'll be a net win.

• I agree... My go to app for laying midi tracks....hope more users hop on once they see how much fun it is to use :)

• Excellent timing. Had my eye on the iPad version, but would be nice to give it a try via the iPhone version first

• Is there any difference between Aleph Looper and Infinite Looper on the iphone?

• wow. thanks for this one! I had no idea this app was out there. what a great way to arpeggiate on an iPhone. one question. how do I delete a midi clip?

• I started on Aleph, upgraded to IL some time ago. Still have both on my phone though I focus on IL now of course.

One thing I haven't tried yet, though, is running Aleph and IL at the same time to give myself 12 tracks of sequencing instead of 6... would it work?

• @JonLewis said:
    I started on Aleph, upgraded to IL some time ago. Still have both on my phone though I focus on IL now of course.

One thing I haven't tried yet, though, is running Aleph and IL at the same time to give myself 12 tracks of sequencing instead of 6... would it work?

Interesting thought. If there was one IAP I'd buy right away for IL it would be another half a dozen tracks. Don't really need them just want them...

• Infinite Looper is, in my opinion, the most clever and fun music app for iOS. Those who still have hesitations, just try Aleph for a bit of a taste but then go buying IL...the dev deserve it 100 times

• @Sonicflux said:
    Is there any difference between Aleph Looper and Infinite Looper on the iphone?

+1

• edited August 2016

Agree that it's a fantastic app. Hope you get lots of sales. I know once people try it they will love it.

@eross to delete anything just swipe left and you get the delete option. This works for everything, clips, files, etc.

I would also pay for more tracks even though I might not use, just nice to have.

• @studioAB said:
    Agree that it's a fantastic app. Hope you get lots of sales. I know once people try it they will love it.

@eross to delete anything just swipe left and you get the delete option. This works for everything, clips, files, etc.

I would also pay for more tracks even though I might not use, just nice to have.

awesome thanks man

• It works but how to sync start both on iPhone ?

@JonLewis said:
    I started on Aleph, upgraded to IL some time ago. Still have both on my phone though I focus on IL now of course.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    It works but how to sync start both on iPhone ?

@JonLewis said:

AudioBus global transport? Sorry, don't have both, so can't test.

• @fjcblanco said:

@Sonicflux said:

+1

No difference between Aleph and Infinite on the iPhone. Exact same functionality.

The iPad gives you a bit more physical screen space, so it's easier to work with. My theory is that most of the serious music-making community (the people who would be willing to spend any money at all) are going to prefer the iPad. If they try Aleph and dig it, they'll push the button to move up to the universal version. If Aleph isn't something they're into -- then there's no money lost, and no hassle trying to get a refund from Apple.

And for the folks who are happy with the iPhone version -- go forth and be merry!

• Thanks man!!!

5 Stars forthcoming! :)

@SecretBaseDesign said:

@fjcblanco said:

@Sonicflux said:

+1

No difference between Aleph and Infinite on the iPhone. Exact same functionality.

The iPad gives you a bit more physical screen space, so it's easier to work with. My theory is that most of the serious music-making community (the people who would be willing to spend any money at all) are going to prefer the iPad. If they try Aleph and dig it, they'll push the button to move up to the universal version. If Aleph isn't something they're into -- then there's no money lost, and no hassle trying to get a refund from Apple.

And for the folks who are happy with the iPhone version -- go forth and be merry!

• @wim said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

@JonLewis said:

Right now, no sync start (well, you can MIDI learn to toggle play). But do folks really need more than 6 tracks? I'm planning on adding more loop space (so that you can have arbitrary numbers of loops), but more than 6 tracks is certainly do-able too.

I kept it limited to 6, as that was what fit onto the iPad screen nicely -- and I was worried about overwhelming people with too much stuff.... Hmmm. I'll think about it, and may be able to hack something in....

• I loaded both in AB but had no global start button. Tried AUM no go. I remember doing it somehow but it's not there.

@wim said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

@JonLewis said:

• It would be great to be able to rename tracks. I most often just use it with MIDI out (no internal or IAA), so the existing track names do me no good.

• Yeah 16 tracks would rock as some midi files can have up to 16 tracks playing all on a separate midi channel. That would rock!!!

Please ensure adequate supply of coffee is available! :# B) o:) :D

• @SecretBaseDesign Yah for your plans for more loop space. More tracks would be great. With something like gadget I just scroll to the right to get the additional tracks (instruments) so for me it's OK not see all the tracks at once.

• @studioAB said:
    @SecretBaseDesign Yah for your plans for more loop space. More tracks would be great. With something like gadget I just scroll to the right to get the additional tracks (instruments) so for me it's OK not see all the tracks at once.

Agreed.

I really like the idea of naming/renaming. Any and all in the service of organization/clarity etc...

• I understand it's sort of a devil's bargain, the adding of more tracks. Being limited to 6 can be quite inspiring! I only found myself wishing for 8 instead of 6 lately, so as to be able to fully drive the updated Sampletank.

• re more loop space, I meant to say "Yay!"

• Yeah scrolling would rock better than pressing the left or right arrows.

Perhaps instead use that Realstate for a panic "all notes off" button. Or maybe the undo redo .

• Exactly what I'm using it for right now but if you had an extra 8 midi tracks where now you could drive other synths via midi now that's what I'm talking about!
    Infinite Looper Pro!!!!

@JonLewis said:
    I understand it's sort of a devil's bargain, the adding of more tracks. Being limited to 6 can be quite inspiring! I only found myself wishing for 8 instead of 6 lately, so as to be able to fully drive the updated Sampletank.

• @SecretBaseDesign said:

Thanks! It makes sense.

• Appreciate the free trial of sorts. If Aleph floats my boat, I will most certainly purchase Infinate Looper. Thanks, @SecretBaseDesign !

• @SecretBaseDesign said:
    I kept it limited to 6, as that was what fit onto the iPad screen nicely -- and I was worried about overwhelming people with too much stuff.... Hmmm. I'll think about it, and may be able to hack something in....

I could use more tracks! I quickly use up the 6 driving a few copies of AU's inside of AUM.

• And in case anyone wonders -- transferring projects from Aleph to Infinite (or vice versa), and between devices, is pretty easy. On the file tab, you can export the project; send it to another device using AirDrop, or just "open in" in the other app. Be careful with file naming (right now, an incoming file can step on an existing file with the same name -- should have that fixed in the next update, just realized that I didn't take care of that in the current version!).