Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Novation Circuit........ (promise I won't mention panning)

Do these sounds sound like what you are used to on the circuit, as a circuit user did it take using the computer editor to get these sounds or is it possible without the editor... (specifically to get patches sounding this good)?

Comments

• let me rephrase the question.

Do these sounds sound like what you are used to on the circuit, as a circuit user did it take using the computer editor to get these sounds or is it possible without the editor... (specifically to get patches sounding this good)?

• I think the stock ones sound just as good but are different. The editor makes it easy to just nudge the presets around and get what you want more specifically. Is that not an option for you?

• It's hard to say for sure, as lots of people run outboard or DAW effects on their Circuits, me included. However the synths have some beefy distortion, chorus and flanger options and the in built-in reverb and delay FX can get pretty wild. I've had some pretty full on noises out of the wee beast. This might be raw Circuit, but I couldn't put money on it.

Best way to get a definitive answer would be the msg the dude on YT I reckon. :smile:

• @JiggyWig said:

>

Best way to get a definitive answer would be the msg the dude on YT I reckon. :smile:

yep, I've done so and thanks for your insights

@audiogus, yes I've access to a computer but it's not optimal as if I'm going to be bothered with it I might as well use everything else I've got connected to it... Just interested in what can be had with the circuit purely on it's own. If there was enough editing from the box to the sounds in the video that would be great. ... thanks man

• @kobamoto said:

@JiggyWig said:

>

yep, I've done so and thanks for your insights

@audiogus, yes I've access to a computer but it's not optimal as if I'm going to be bothered with it I might as well use everything else I've got connected to it... Just interested in what can be had with the circuit purely on it's own. If there was enough editing from the box to the sounds in the video that would be great. ... thanks man

i wager odds are good you would like/perhaps love it. If not it seems like a hot item with good resale at the moment. Do it do it do it!

• I might, but I've also got a feeling that the next iteration of this groovebox is going to have substantial improvements!

• @kobamoto said:
    I might, but I've also got a feeling that the next iteration of this groovebox is going to have substantial improvements!

True! When do you think that would be? I would love audio over usb.

• I don't know but I hope they're already working on it since they are fully aware that this one is a little on the lean side, hope they debut something in Jan, and if they bring something out before christmas then all of this rigamarole will have been worth it.

• @kobamoto said:
    I don't know but I hope they're already working on it since they are fully aware that this one is a little on the lean side, hope they debut something in Jan, and if they bring something out before christmas then all of this rigamarole will have been worth it.

It is a lean machine, but in a good way though. I don't see anything in it's price range that competes.

• well it's in serious territory now, and as a sampling beat machine an iPhone and an iPad are viable alternatives. They are more expensive but everybody has one or two already... also the korg electribes.. it does have allot going for it though, just needs to beef up the mixer and the sample editing/time and if they put some inputs on the next one so that it can actually sample it could well be everybody's fav lil box. Parameter locks, tactile interface..

• I did this entirely on Circuit before the editor came out, so basically all "stock" sounds:

• Nice T. , question does the negative swing work on the synth tracks too, and is it global swing or individual swing per track or step?

• @kobamoto said:
    I might, but I've also got a feeling that the next iteration of this groovebox is going to have substantial improvements!

Also the big roland 33 product thing coming next month.. Might be a groovebox in there

• edited August 2016

@Tarekith I haven't messed with the editor yet because I'm still enjoying the original sounds. I like to use it to make loops in Live. Like your video, it makes a full, rich sound when recorded. I'm finding that hardware usually sounds better than software. There are exceptions like the Moog Model 15 and iSEM of course. :)

• edited August 2016

@rhcball And once again in this thread he's talking to himself. It's probably a kid. No adult would say they are watching The Love Boat on YouTube because they are having a midlife crisis. lol

• edited August 2016

mkell424 what are you talking about, you keep talking weird? Please clarify if you are referring to me.

• A Sebastian, what the fuck is up with this dude?

• @mireko_2 said:

@kobamoto said:

Also the big roland 33 product thing coming next month.. Might be a groovebox in there

yeah I heard about that.... rumors over on gearslutz about a new roland flagship beat machine, I really hope it's true because the details in the rumor were exciting if true.

• Big 909 day, new ios, new iphone, new roland

• @kobamoto said:
    Nice T. , question does the negative swing work on the synth tracks too, and is it global swing or individual swing per track or step?

Not sure what you mean by negative swing, but the swing on the Circuit is global to all parts.

• @kobamoto said:
    mkell424 what are you talking about, you keep talking weird? Please clarify if you are referring to me.

He seems to think that I log on with multiple accounts to talk to myself. I wish he would just list all the names that he thinks are me. It would make reading the forum even more interesting if I were to imagine it as me just having some sort of 'episode'.

• @Tarekith said:

@kobamoto said:
    Nice T. , question does the negative swing work on the synth tracks too, and is it global swing or individual swing per track or step?

Not sure what you mean by negative swing, but the swing on the Circuit is global to all parts.

Doesn't negative swing suck any swing out of a piece? :wink:

• @AudioGus said:

@kobamoto said:

He seems to think that I log on with multiple accounts to talk to myself. I wish he would just list all the names that he thinks are me. It would make reading the forum even more interesting if I were to imagine it as me just having some sort of 'episode'.

We've all been there. I might even still be there, who knows what I'n up to on those 80-hour binges.

• edited August 2016

Great track @Tarekith. On my 3rd listen.

Can you shortcut me to which of your bandcamp albums is the most similar in feel?

• Probably the Twenty 15 album, since it has the most recent live sets and they were created around the same time as the Circuit one:

https://tarekith.bandcamp.com/album/twenty-15

Glad you like it, thanks!

• @AudioGus said:

@kobamoto said:

well I wish he'd take me off his list, I don't like it when a perfectly good beat machine thread has it's purity defiled by these type of shenanigans.

• @Tarekith said:

@kobamoto said:

I was talking about the feature on the circuit where the swing can be set clockwise and counter clockwise. Most groove boxes only allow percentages from 0 going forward but I'm aware that the circuit can go all the way backwards into negative swing... below -0. It would be very cool if the swing was per part cause you could push and pull the beat all over the place if each track or sound had it's own setting.....but you said it's global. thanks

• Oh right, sorry. I was having a pre-coffee moment :)

• haha, well hopefully Novation is collecting features for the next version, cause if they add individual swing per part, and sample slicing where you can sample, set a loop, slice the loop up on the pads just like on a push, and also allow internal resampling it's gonna be a wrap.... it won't even matter that id doesn't have a fancy screen or wavform editing because they'd be able to set the loops with the knobs and see the slices on the pads....... totally taking sampling back to the ear where it belongs and once again they would have an opportunity to get into the hotcakes business cause these things would sell like crazy... portable, no computer, sample slicing and sequencing on the go with grid control whoooooooooo :o