Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Karaoke with iVoxel

edited August 2016 in App Tips and Tricks

I like the realtime abilities of iVoxel to correct a not so perfect voice. Is anyone using iVoxel as a karaoke machine or part of a karaoke setup? If so how?

Comments

• I was curious about this one. How transparent is it? (Compared to Auto-Tune) I'm holding out until AU which the developer mentioned was coming for all @VirSyn apps.

• @sirdavidabraham said:
    I was curious about this one. How transparent is it? (Compared to Auto-Tune) I'm holding out until AU which the developer mentioned was coming for all @VirSyn apps.

When the Virsyn AU-X happens I will be happy, even if it's just 'preset-player' with selected parameters for automation...

• I found Ivoxel very good and successfully managed to reproduce some commonly known sounds. I Haven't played much with autotune though. I always find AT weird sounding.

• Autotune doesent make you sound better, it just makes you sound crap and seem pathetic for trying to find stupid shortcuts instead of practising to sing, or having the balls to show what you got, even if it wouldnt be perfect.

• edited August 2016

:) Just about every pop record uses pitch correction, some of it very subtle, enough that most would not "hear" it. But I can spot it a mile away.

I love and appreciate my favorite singers who sang without pitch correction, but I've come to enjoy the generation of people I consult with today who like to use it. Done properly It sounds great even if they can truly sing without it.

The pitch correction in Logic is not particularly real-time but sounds pretty good. iOS needs something similar to make inroads into this aspect of the market