Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Let's talk about Animoog

Number one, what's the state of MPE or whatever makes it so expressive in the industry? I would think by now almost everyone would want their synths to be this expressive. Does Moog own the technology or something?

Number two, does anyone else fall asleep playing Animoog? Half the time I don't even record anything, I'll just make a nice a pad, and spend up to an hour gliding chords around and next thing I know I can barely keep my eyes open. Animoog: Aural Sleep Aid.

Comments

• edited August 2016

Anymoog is one of few synths that I could describe as digital warm, and it is an incredible machine. Only thing I wish was ableton link and an updated Hi-Res UI like Model15.

But regardless, I have nothing but praise for the synth.

• edited August 2016

I too have very high praise for the synth. It would be very beneficial to have IAA transport controls added to it though. Also, on the iPhone, it would be nice to be able to play more keys. If they put the Model 15 "Animoog-style" keyboard into the iPhone version of Animoog, I would have a 15 key play area, rather than just 9 keys. :smile: I would love to see Moog continue to actively support this app!!!

• edited August 2016

It's a timeless classic. An arpeggiator would be a nice addition, maybe like the one in Model 15.

• edited August 2016

Animoog is still one of the best imo. The Default patch has probably got more use from me than any other ios patch I own(just irresistible when loading up animoog).
    I wouldn't mind seeing an all knobs on screen mode. They would fit easily over the xy screen with room to spare.

• @Audiojunkie said:
    I too have very high praise for the synth. It would be very beneficial to have IAA transport controls added to it though. Also, on the iPhone, it would be nice to be able to play more keys. If they put the Model 15 "Animoog-style" keyboard into the iPhone version of Animoog, I would have a 15 key play area, rather than just 9 keys. :smile: I would love to see Moog continue to actively support this app!!!

I actually just emailed them the other day regarding making the keyboard range sizable to a larger degree and explaining why. Haven't heard back yet. It's especially needed on iPhone In horizontal orientation, which is all it has as you know, you're likely going to be playing with your thumbs. I'd love to see it able to squeeze 4 octave in there. Small keys? Yes but not so much an issue when you have keyboard scales. You'd be able to to tap along with minimal finger movement and comfortable amount of happy accidents.

• This guy has two online albums of improvised animoog solos - they sound pretty awesome imo:

https://satri.bandcamp.com/album/unanimoog-escape-inside-the-music

• @WillCoxon said:
    This guy has two online albums of improvised animoog solos - they sound pretty awesome imo:

https://satri.bandcamp.com/album/unanimoog-escape-inside-the-music

A true testament of the emotion that can be expressed with a single, good synth patch. That should be up on Moog Musics site as far I'm concerned. If that can't sell you on Animoog or the idea of synths as legit instruments, then nothing will.

• @firejan82 said:
    It's a timeless classic. An arpeggiator would be a nice addition, maybe like the one in Model 15.

Yessss, and while they're at it, they could put the same recorder that is in Animoog into Model 15

• And an AU interface so it can be multi-instanced

• @sirdavidabraham said:
    And an AU interface so it can be multi-instanced

That would be awesome!
    I don't know if it bothers anyone else but for me, when the velocity of the notes when using external midi is hard-wired to poly-aftertouch is kind annoying...

• I can't get any midi controller, at least within iOS, to control animoogs expressions satisfactorily. It's the polyphonic legato glide whatever the hell that seems incompatible with most controllers.

• These are all things that I'd love to see in Animoog!!! @db909 Good job on emailing them with the requests!! Do you do beta testing? I need to find a good contact to let them know about a very repeatable bug I found in Model 15 in the current version.

• @Audiojunkie nah I don't beta test. I just email devs with constructive comments if I have them. I try to be real nice and respectful, most of them are happy to shoot a couple emails back and forth. You should just go to moogs website and fill out a contact form. If it's a repeatable bug they will want to know about it.

• @db909 said:
    @Audiojunkie nah I don't beta test. I just email devs with constructive comments if I have them. I try to be real nice and respectful, most of them are happy to shoot a couple emails back and forth. You should just go to moogs website and fill out a contact form. If it's a repeatable bug they will want to know about it.

Sounds good. I'll try that. Thanks!

• @Audiojunkie said:
    These are all things that I'd love to see in Animoog!!! @db909 Good job on emailing them with the requests!! Do you do beta testing? I need to find a good contact to let them know about a very repeatable bug I found in Model 15 in the current version.

Satri runs the animoog.org website and he is a beta tester...

• Infos sources for the people who are interesting about
    MPE
    http://expressiveness.org/
    From geert bevin

And
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vpjxoPHw82X3xyNvE6_hsDeL86vloNQZC83NHD8edow/mobilebasic

Dont know How far the MPE implementation in Animoog is, but think this will not be so long, to try.....

Yam yam

• @obiwahnkentobi awesome stuff! Thanks!

• @baldguru said:

@Audiojunkie said:
    These are all things that I'd love to see in Animoog!!! @db909 Good job on emailing them with the requests!! Do you do beta testing? I need to find a good contact to let them know about a very repeatable bug I found in Model 15 in the current version.

Satri runs the animoog.org website and he is a beta tester...

Does he frequent this forum? I think they would listen to someone who is more on the inside of things....

• @Audiojunkie
    He is active at moog's own forum I believe Geert Bevin also checks that place?

• Is the iPhone version the same as the iPad version, or is there still a feature gap?

• @Tarekith said:
    Is the iPhone version the same as the iPad version, or is there still a feature gap?

iPhone version lacks the 4 track recorder and the hold button and I'm not sure what's the current situation on using the sound packs from the iPad version.

• We have a hold button on iPhone. We don't have 4 track recorder ir accelerometer controls. My understanding is that the sound packs are all the same, but unfortunately not universal yet. Heard they were working on getting that fixed.

• @db909 said:
    We have a hold button on iPhone. We don't have 4 track recorder ir accelerometer controls. My understanding is that the sound packs are all the same, but unfortunately not universal yet. Heard they were working on getting that fixed.

Forgot about the accelerometer controls, those would make more sense on the iPhone than iPad.

But where's the hold button on the iPhone? I can't find it.

• Thanks for the update!

• @firejan82 said:
    Forgot about the accelerometer controls, those would make more sense on the iPhone than iPad.

huh? accelerometer on iPad mini is awesome ;)

• @firejan82 said:

@db909 said:
    We have a hold button on iPhone. We don't have 4 track recorder ir accelerometer controls. My understanding is that the sound packs are all the same, but unfortunately not universal yet. Heard they were working on getting that fixed.

It's right above the keyboard. On the right hand side. It says "Hold". I'm assuming that's what you're talking about. If not, I have no idea.

• @db909 said:

@firejan82 said:

@db909 said:

It's right above the keyboard. On the right hand side. It says "Hold". I'm assuming that's what you're talking about. If not, I have no idea.

I see. I found a picture of it being there but it's not showing on my 4s or Pro 9.7. Maybe it's only supported by the new iPhone 6 and 6s since they have a different aspect ratio unless there's a way to enable it that I missed.

• edited August 2016

That's really weird. Pretty sure it's a standard feature. Right next to the keyboard expand arrow

• I would like more polyphony , for long envelope release without voice stealing .

• edited August 2016

@db909

I know where it's supposed to be, I have the iPad version too. That is why I mentioned the iPhone version is lacking it in the first place.