Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Grabbed. Thanks :D

• Same here thanks

• Thanks!

• Thanks for the heads up.

• Howz it sound compared to AmpKit and JamUp and Bias FX? Curious.

• how much is the base app usually? All Packs on sale for 14$. Do I need those...hmmm.........

• @High5denied said:
    Howz it sound compared to AmpKit and JamUp and Bias FX? Curious.

This is a acoustic simulation app so none of the above can compare. Thanks to Telecharge for telling us about it.
    Anyway i got it and it sounds quite good. I used my old Gretsch to try it out. I will try it out using the Variax which has acoustic modeling which should be interesting. All in all a bargain.

• Isn't this designed o be used with their clip on pickup thinger?

• I got the app, even though I don't know really what it's for, or how to use it: it's IK Multimedia, and it's free!

• @Matthew said:
    Isn't this designed o be used with their clip on pickup thinger?

You don't need to use the clip thinger. I used sonic port to connect an electric guitar, I suppose an electro acoustic would do

@theconnactic said:
    I got the app, even though I don't know really what it's for, or how to use it: it's IK Multimedia, and it's free!

It emulates acoustic guitars ( sort of). I tried the Variax using acoustic modeling and it did make a difference to the sound, more body. You can dial in a wet/dry ratio, change the body style of the the guitar in the app, there is a 12 string emulation which works rather well, also some delay and reverb to play with and you get three amps too. Even using just an electric guitar you can get a reasonable acoustic sound out of the app, more electro than a full bodied acoustic.
    There are some other things you can unlock if you have IKM hardware, I don't need that as the Variax and sonic port give me all I need. It is audiobus and IAA compatible and works well
    A review from Doug and the crew, note they are using the clip thinger:)

• @Matthew said:
    Isn't this designed o be used with their clip on pickup thinger?

You don't need to use the clip thinger. I used sonic port to connect an electric guitar, I suppose an electro acoustic would do

@theconnactic said:
    I got the app, even though I don't know really what it's for, or how to use it: it's IK Multimedia, and it's free!

It emulates acoustic guitars ( sort of). I tried the Variax using acoustic modeling and it did make a difference to the sound, more body. You can dial in a wet/dry ratio, change the body style of the the guitar in the app, there is a 12 string emulation which works rather well, also some delay and reverb to play with and you get three amps too. Even using just an electric guitar you can get a reasonable acoustic sound out of the app, more electro than a full bodied acoustic.
    There are some other things you can unlock if you have IKM hardware, I don't need that as the Variax and sonic port give me all I need. It is audiobus and IAA compatible and works well
    A review from Doug and the crew, note they are using the clip thinger:)

• Managed a double post somehow. Sorry about that.

• @High5denied While there has always been a free version of this app, the full version (which this is) sold originally for $9.99 when it came out late last year and since then has been mainly $7.99 and $9.99

• Anybody use iRig Acoustic? I'm really interested in the product but don't like that it connects through the headphone jack. I figure someday they will create a digital version.

As I'm not a performing musician, I wonder what the difference would be from just recording my guitar with a good mic. I think I know the answer.

On the other hand, I bet I would be more likely to jam with my acoustic guitars in AUM if I owned this. Particularly run through this app.

• edited August 2016

• ik should make all their AmpleTube versions work in AmpleTube , owners of AmpleTube Orange are able to use all of Orange Amps and FX in AmpleTube, Acoustic should be the same.

• I finally got around to using this thing. I like the sound of it. Creates some very nice warm sounding tones with my Les Paul.

• edited September 2016

@High5denied said:
    I finally got around to using this thing. I like the sound of it. Creates some very nice warm sounding tones with my Les Paul.

Did you do anything special out of connecting your guitar through the jack to an 1/4 TRS input? Irig maybe?

• Just used my iriff port. Nothing special. it connects to the ipad through the charging port.

• edited September 2016

Just checked and "Amplitube free for Ipad" app ( https://appsto.re/es/gbUrw.i ) and "Amplitube for Ipad" ( https://appsto.re/es/mYVrw.i) are both having now the same features ( same cabinets, amps, stomp boxes etc...). I will delete then the free version and try now the standard one.

• Neat, have grabbed, but goodness me, why on earth is it half a gig? That's bonkers.