Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Finished my first album, made mostly with iOS

edited August 2016 in Creations

https://youtu.be/ALbpp1eDCsA

Mostly made with Patterning, Soundprism Electro, Yamaha AN2015 and Audiobus although on some tracks I'm using the free synth TyrellN6 and controlling that synth on macbook with midi controllers on my iPad. I also used Studiomux to transfer the audio to my macbook and did mixdown and mastering on my Mac.

After this I'd like to try making an album completely self contained within the iOS environment, just to see what kind of result I can get and to get a sense of what needs to be improved on iOS to make that process more straightforward.

Comments

• Yep this is good stuff.

• Very nice!

• Well done !

• Thanks for the kind comments guys! Also, forgot to mention that I used Group the Loop extensively for this as well as ChordPolyPad.

• Very Nice, thx

• So cool! Such a wonderful unified theme. Great work!

• Yes, very enjoyable! Lovely bit of spacey electronica @Judochopjames :smile:

• Good stuff! Thanks for sharing.

• I'm really impressed. This sounds like an album of M83 rough mixes, which is to say a completely modern reimagining idea of the 80s. I love the whole concept. But — I guess this is being critical: you should find a singer! You obviously have a gift for arranging, and little melodies are always burbling around the edges of your songs. You need to send this to Bat for Lashes or some indie new waver. Request a vocal track. She'll email you a WAV. You'd be Best New Music on Pitchfork right away.....

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    I'm really impressed. This sounds like an album of M83 rough mixes, which is to say a completely modern reimagining idea of the 80s. I love the whole concept. But — I guess this is being critical: you should find a singer! You obviously have a gift for arranging, and little melodies are always burbling around the edges of your songs. You need to send this to Bat for Lashes or some indie new waver. Request a vocal track. She'll email you a WAV. You'd be Best New Music on Pitchfork right away.....

This could yield fruit for sure... but always release instrumental versions for me. 8)

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    I'm really impressed. This sounds like an album of M83 rough mixes, which is to say a completely modern reimagining idea of the 80s. I love the whole concept. But — I guess this is being critical: you should find a singer! You obviously have a gift for arranging, and little melodies are always burbling around the edges of your songs. You need to send this to Bat for Lashes or some indie new waver. Request a vocal track. She'll email you a WAV. You'd be Best New Music on Pitchfork right away.....

Oh wow, thank you, I take that as a huge compliment! I'm definitely a fan of the artists you mentioned. Yes, I would really like to work with a vocalist, preferably a female one, just because I think it suits my style better, but it's not been easy to find. If there was some easy way to get in touch with vocalists I'd probably do it.

• @AudioGus said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

This could yield fruit for sure... but always release instrumental versions for me. 8)

Instrumental is where my heart is, I don't think I'd ever completely stop making instrumental music.

• Nice stuff. Like it. ;)

• It sounds really good. Congratulations. :)

• Dig it. Excellent blend of space & crunch. :)

• Thanks studs1966, Hard_Vatore and skiphunt! I appreciate it.

I updated the youtube description to include tracklist and time stamps.

• edited August 2016

Really cool. From artwork to music....nice job.
    Earned a big YouTube thumbs up.

• edited August 2016

Really been digging this!

• I really like this!
    Nice work jcj