Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AmpliTube on sale, only $4.99

Guys, amplitube on sale, grab it if you haven't....

https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/amplitube/id373524000?mt=8

Comments

• Time to add some spice to my EPs and vintage synths...
    I was looking at JamUp and AmpKit as well, this one goes first!
    Thanks!

• Hooray! Don't forget the free popup adverts, folks!

• Never fails! Every thread/mention of an IK product I sit and wait for it in anticipation then BAM! Somebody (normally @PaulB) comes through. It really is ridiculous though....the paid app ads...and @PaulB

: )

• I'm on a mission :)

• That's my question...how many complaints before something gets done? I understand its not the reps here and that they have forwarded the issue several times but I guess ppl must still be at least buying because they surely don't seem concerned and I guess at least they've updated them but it is treading on unacceptable to have one ad, let alone multiple, in an app that was fully purchased.

• I doubt they'll do anything unless it affects sales. I just think folks should be aware the ads are there BEFORE they buy.

• I think these in-app ads are making us LunatIK's ;-)

• I don't get the pop up ad in SampleTank when the iPad is in airplane mode. This leads me to wonder why an app is allowed to communicate with its mother ship and not be required to have a setting in General or notifications that can be turned off. Thought there'd be some kind of Apple enforced rule about this sort of thing.

• Lol. Apple's rules aren't there to help US...

• Haha, first thing that happened when I opened the app, bang! I hate this in-app ads thing as well. I have almost all IK apps, and iRig MIDI... They keep showing up in the ads. Oh well...

Sounds nice with iFretless Guitar's "clean line signal" sounds. Talking about this, has anybody noticed the first strings out of tune on the first "line" preset? And clicks in the audio with this app since it was released, and with iFrteless Bass as well?

• My guess is that it's one VIP way up in IK's corporate food chain who insists that spamming their customer base is good marketing. He probably went to the same business seminar as the guy at AARP who has sent me around 100 membership cards since I turned 50.

• problem is that it's very easy for a marketer to demonstrate to their boss and the rest of the management team how many times people have clicked/tapped on those ads. And indeed may be able to tie it to actual purchases in some cases. "It's working!" What's way way way harder to demonstrate is how many people are turned off by them since not clicking/tapping doesn't necessarily mean 'turned off'.

• edited July 2013

The good news in this announcement is that I'm reminded of the time I paid $7.99 for JamUp on sale, which has given me one pop up ad and then hours and hours of uninterrupted jamming. Yes! So much fun.

Although, I broke down the other day and downloaded iGrand Piano. The free version of course, which I gotta say, sounds really nice.

• Well, I have all the IK apps I'm ever going to buy until those ads are history.

• Exactly my point, PaulB. There are plenty of other options that don't have ads.

• What other apps offer the rich sampled instrument quality of SampleTank? Would love to try them.

• edited July 2013

Thumbjam for some, bs-16 for others, Neo Soul Keys, Galileo, Super Manetron, Garageband, Xewton Music Studio, it really depends on the instrument, but SampleTank is rarely, if ever, my first port of call.

• OK, I don't have most of those so I do appreciate the suggestions. I'm not tied to ST by any means other than the fact that I really like its sounds and there are no hoops to jump through to access them. For instance, with bs-16 I understand you have to seek out soundfonts to get anything cool (correct me if I'm wrong), which is a lot of effort to go through compared to ST where they are all there ready to go. GB is an island unless you jump through the email hoops, and so on. ST really is a nice all in one sound bank that I can always rely on.

• It's cool that you like ST, I don't think there's a lot wrong with the sounds compared with what else is available on iDevices, I just happen to have my preferences. If you don't already have those other apps, it makes sense to stick with ST. The default bs-16 soundfont does actually have some nice sounds in it, but it's not worth getting if you're happy with ST unless you want 16 channel multitimbral capability. GB is indeed a pain, but I've got such good results from the smart strings that, for me, it's worth the hassle. I even isolate each string instrument on different tracks by editing the MIDI data so that I can remix and pan them individually once they're transferred to a DAW. Lol.

• I already have JamUp Pro with all the IAPs except for the most recent 2 that just came out. For anyone that has both apps is it worth, being that it's only 4.99 right now, to having both? Is there something that AmpliTube will give my that I don't already have? Any help would be appreciated.

• Good question fusionarts. Due to the ads, I don't even care, but it would be nice to know what the differences are.

• For what it's worth, I own all three of the big ones, Amplitube, Ampkit, and Jamup. I had the first two long before the Audibus days, so when Jamup was the first one on the bus I bought it too. I personally preferred Ampkit's sounds over Amplitube and Jamup. Eventually though I found the right settings in Jamup that gave me the tone's I wanted. Currently that's the only guitar mod living on my iPad. I liked the Fender pack on Amplitube, but not enough to keep it around. Not sure if that helps you or not.

• I have Jamup Pro and Ampkit with most of the IAP's. They both sound good to my ears and feel that between them they have done a decent job of replacing my now deceased POD XT.

Jamup was working great with my Behringer FCB1010 (programmed for the POD) before the last two updates. Now it just goes silent when changing patches and a reboot is required before it sounds again. I haven't had any luck with Ampkit recognizing the MIDI footboard but perhaps I have not researched either enough to find the answer.

After spending over $200 on iOS guitar amps/effects, I think I will pass on Amplitude. The free VST on my desktop DAW isn't too bad though.

• Thank you boone51, and keebo for you replies. You've convinced me to pass on amplitude for the moment.

• Yea to be honest I think most agree that the two tops are Ampkit & JamUp. I also have Amplitube and one thing I can stand is that they took an effect app and have add a drum loops tool (not so bad) but to go and add a "full" DAW (Studio or whatever) in it for no reason. Ppl dont want that, that's why we have dedicated DAW's and dedicated Effect apps. So now its size has bloated dramatically and most features won't be used. Not to mention the other two do sound noticeably better

I do own SampleTank, VocaLive, iGrand, iLectric, and Amplitube. Only 3 of them are on my iPad at this time and when it comes down to actual use SampleTank leads but still only gets used a medium amount then iLectric and VocaLive.