Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

(Egg Sale!) My preset bank for Korg Minilogue is out! 200 new sounds for your silverware.

edited April 2017 in Market Place

Easter sale throughout the weekend, 40% off. Happy Easter!

So I've been making this bank since the Minilogue first was released. I'm a sucker for cinematic things, so that's the direction I went with on the Minilogue. For what is mostly what looks like a basic synth, this little guy can squeeze out very lush and complex pads. Before continuing....I'm making good use out of that dirty delay, I feel it only adds more character to the whole thing, it also helps to mask envelope cut offs. I know some don't like it, but just hit the switch and it's gone.
This bank covers alot of sonic territories, so it's hard to pigeon hole it all to any specific genre, the best thing to do is simply to check out the soundcloud demos and free presets to get an idea of what you might find in this bank.

The bank is mostly geared at cinematic dutys, soundtrack dutys, ambient things, experimental wizardry, chill, downtempo and similar. And....stranger things.
There are 200 presets in this bank. You'll find various kinds of expressive pads, from cold to warm, from static to evolving and moving. Various characterful expressive keys, bells/chimes, piano -type of sounds. You'll find various plucks as well as various arps, that fit in well with the overall cinematic/ambient/experimental theme of this bank. While the majority of the sounds are focused around the above, there are 34, both contemporary and vintage, bass and leads in there.

Majority of the sounds make good use of the velocity/amp, so don't be afraid to hit those keys a bit harder where needed. Most presets also make good use out of that slider, adding movement to pads, quick filter cuts, morphing the sounds, etc. No one likes a dead preset!

Soundcloud demos:

Use this link to the full playlist if above doesn't work:
soundcloud.com/chris1a-1/sets/chrisg-korg-minilogue-presets

Free presets and store:
https://sellfy.com/ChrisGR

Comments

• Chris,

Just purchased and loaded up your 200 preset bank Minilogue Movements. These are all great patches!! I am just starting to experiment with making my own sonic soundscapes and your patches are exactly what I was needing. I'm 58 years old and grew up with all the great synth music of the 80's. JMJ and Tomita are some of my favorites. I knew that the Minilogue could produce what I was needing but your patches have made it a lot easier to get started.

My rig is controlled by an Arturia Keystep and a Beatstep Pro and includes a Moog Sub Phatty, Dreadbox Erebus, Korg Volca FM, Waldorf Striechfett, Ensoniq ESQ-1 (just picked it up for $100!!!), MAM ADX1 (analog drum module), Norddrum2, and the Minilogue. Trying to keep everything as "knobby" and sonicly real and pure as possible. Nothing virtual, rompler, or sampled and all hardware based with no computer interfacing.

This is going to be so much fun!!

Thanks again!!

• edited March 2017

any reason to post Tomita is a good reason... and Chris's patches are great!

• @jags said:
    Chris,
    Thanks again!!

Hi jags, just saw this (I'm not getting notifs for some reason). I did see your/this post over at audiobombs the other week and replied there. But again, thank you, that's the best kind of feedback I could ever hope for! :-)

@kobamoto said:
    any reason to post Tomita is a good reason... and Chris's patches are great!

Aye! Awesome stuff. Made me wanna get a theremin again, I've gased for one on and off for years, it just looks like a lot of fun (and could potentially open up more ways to play solo strings etc, should I ever um ..."master" it).

Sorry to anyone else seeing this that I haven't gotten back to. Last 8 months have been...hectic. One of the more recent things I've been dealing with is a certain Behringer synth that, while testing two units from different manufacture runs, damaged one of my ears severely (I'm unable to pick up higher freqs on the right ear, things like hihats are permanently hard panned to the left). Due to some fairly major bugs & issues at release (loud intermittent sound burst when changing presets, filters and amp freaking out, and so on etc), along with different gain changes on units between manufacture runs, and...well it's just a mess. Behringer told me to be quiet and they'd sort me out, I obviously wasn't quiet and Behringer subsequently cut all communication and blocked me everywhere. Talking about Uli Behringer. Uli and parts of Music-Group are like a sect, that's the impression I got before all this happened. There are some really shady elements in that company.

And with that said, I am having an egg sale this weekend, 40% off. Happy Easter!:-)

• wow Chris that is terrible news, I hope the damage wasn't permanent....

• @ChrisG thanks for informing. I usually only buy second hand kit (Arturia hardware has been my only lapse) but this will influence me in future purchases. Not that it will make any difference, informed shoppers are few and far between.
    Hope you get better or learnt to cope.
    Im loving the Tomita track, thanks @kobamoto

• edited April 2017

Thanks. :-)

It's permanent. It put a fairly loud high freq noise/signal in place, and sounds above that (in terms of frequency) are pretty much gone, Tinnitus is likely the diagnosis, we're still working on it. So loud I hear it out in the city, obviously gets a bit more prominent in a quiet environment where you make music. Yea learning to cope is the only treatment I know of at the moment, involves mental processes where you teach yourself not to focus on it, you also try to fool your brain into thinking the sound is normal, that it should be there. That works for certain types of tinnitus, only time will tell here. What really sucks here though is that so much sound in my stereo field is shifted to the left, I have all my stuff stashed away now, it's just getting to me way too much. As for Uli Behringer & Co. , I'm hoping I'll be able to pull their pants down properly eventually.

• Man that is heartbreaking to hear. Fuuuuck. Is ist standard procedure to wear headphones while testing new synths? This couldn't be the first time/synth where something like this has happened? I have noise bursts when the audio engine on my old iPad 2 crashes, then my synthstation just emits an unpleasant burst of noise that has you violently yanking your headphones off your head. Still, i never felt like my health is in danger, and never use high volumes when on headphones. Never have, never will. Tinnitus can absolutely ruin your life. Damn.

• @Richtowns said:

yes sir, Tomita would have been gone too soon no matter when he left :(

@hexagonsun83 yep I don't run cans too loud but I seldom think about this issue and am always glad to be reminded. For anyone this would be an awful experience but for a musician there are just no words

• @kobamoto said:

@Richtowns said:

yes sir, Tomita would have been gone too soon no matter when he left :(

@hexagonsun83 yep I don't run cans too loud but I seldom think about this issue and am always glad to be reminded. For anyone this would be an awful experience but for a musician there are just no words

No words, just brutal. Will be pretty interesting what comes off this legally. Will be damn hard to prove this, in a civil court case, is my guess.

• edited April 2017

@hexagonsun83 said:
    Man that is heartbreaking to hear. Fuuuuck. Is ist standard procedure to wear headphones while testing new synths? This couldn't be the first time/synth where something like this has happened? I have noise bursts when the audio engine on my old iPad 2 crashes, then my synthstation just emits an unpleasant burst of noise that has you violently yanking your headphones off your head. Still, i never felt like my health is in danger, and never use high volumes when on headphones. Never have, never will. Tinnitus can absolutely ruin your life. Damn.

Well you use both cans and monitors. On this synth, the headphone out on the first batch was just way too hot, couldn't kill the sound etc. Behringer and me talked briefly about that at some point (basically, what cans are people out there using? What do we, music-group, need to test, etc).
    That along with amp & filters freaking out, sound bursts, stuck notes, gain stages being completely different between production runs, major issues with loading and killing effects causing additional loud burst (and so much more), makes for something you absolutely wouldn't wanna wrap around your head.

The filter on the DM12 is capable of absolute mayhem (which is great), typically you'd want other components and software in reasonable check before a synth like that hits the manufacturing floor, as you simply don't want a machine out there that randomly decides to slice someone's ears apart due to bugs & issues that should be locked down long before a release. Uli however wanted it out before the end of 2016 regardless. Midas are patching it up firmware by firmware. But all slightly too late.