Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How to sync Lemur to another iPad's midi clock via iCA4+?

I am collaborating with another iPad musician and I'd like to sync his Lemur's midi clock to my iPad. We are connected through an iConnectAudio4+.

LINK works great for our apps that have it, but how can I get his Lemur to see either my midi clock, or use LINK to Midi running on either of our iPads to achieve this?

Comments

• there's a Midi routing matrix similiar to the matrix for audio channels
    focus on the usb 1 and 2 midi devices, anything starting with hst- refers to a hub connected to the extra midi USB port

• @Telefunky said:
    there's a Midi routing matrix similiar to the matrix for audio channels
    focus on the usb 1 and 2 midi devices, anything starting with hst- refers to a hub connected to the extra midi USB port

I had done that... Pointed midi clock out to HST-2. But Lemur only has an option "Slave Clocks to MIDI" that can be turned on or off, but no option for which port to listen on. With it turned on, it isn't picking up on midi clock coming in from HST-2.

• I should have written 'ignore anything starting with hst-' ;)
    The HST-devices always show up, even if nothing is connected. You're sendind clock into oblivion...
    The iPads are connected to the usb-Midi ports 1 and 2, you have to use those for send/receive

• @Telefunky said:
    I should have written 'ignore anything starting with hst-' ;)
    The HST-devices always show up, even if nothing is connected. You're sendind clock into oblivion...
    The iPads are connected to the usb-Midi ports 1 and 2, you have to use those for send/receive

This. just use midi ports 1 and 2. Hst are for devices plugged in like midi controllers etc. not for
    ipad midi.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@Telefunky said:

This. just use midi ports 1 and 2. Hst are for devices plugged in like midi controllers etc. not for
    ipad midi.

Sorry, didn't have my setup in front of me... I meant, I sent midi to USB-2, which represents the second device that has Lemur running on it. Lemur just has a generic option to slave to midi clock, but not a way to specify a port, and it isn't seeing the clock I'm sending.

To simplify the question: taking multiple devices and iCA4+ out of the equation, I can't even get Lemur to sync to Loopy within the same device. Any general advice on syncing Lemur to any clock?

• @gburks said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Telefunky said:

ipad midi.

Sorry, didn't have my setup in front of me... I meant, I sent midi to USB-2, which represents the second device that has Lemur running on it. Lemur just has a generic option to slave to midi clock, but not a way to specify a port, and it isn't seeing the clock I'm sending.

To simplify the question: taking multiple devices and iCA4+ out of the equation, I can't even get Lemur to sync to Loopy within the same device. Any general advice on syncing Lemur to any clock?

Did you try midi link sync ? With midi towards lemur and link to loopy ? Just spitballin here. Will test it myself when I'm free. Not sure if I'll get time today though :/