Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Positive grids artificial drum app gobeats released, and its free

Just downloaded and havent tested it yet. The idea seems to be that you play some guitar(or other instruments to it, it analyzes it and created drums for it. Been waiting for this for a while.

https://appsto.re/fi/-yV2bb.i

Comments

• Universal too!

• Nice beats for free but no Audiobus or IAA :(

• The app page says 'The World's First Artificial Intelligence Drum App" - err, no it isn't! It claims to learn your time signature - provided it is 3/4 or 4/4. It has no IAA, no Audiobus, no Link. It doesn't "follow" you in any sense, it just plays. So very limited application really.

• No audiobus? So I can't play Bebot into it ... Oh well.

• Sounds really nice though... Pretty realistic but mostly for fun and to practice with .

• I imagine this is more of a jumping-off point for something more advanced/ambitious in the near future.

• edited August 2016

@kgmessier said:
    I imagine this is more of a jumping-off point for something more advanced/ambitious in the near future.

Yea, its pretty different from what you see on their website https://www.positivegrid.com/drumapp/ Also i noticed that the drum app in that link says its coming on 4th quarter(that wasnt there earlier and the page has changed quite a bit since i last checked it not too long ago). So i guess this is some simplified version of whats coming. Maybe sort of open beta thing testing some of its functionalities, dunno. So i guess this isnt yet the thing i was waiting for

• Yeah, it's nice for free...

• @ToMess said:

@kgmessier said:
    I imagine this is more of a jumping-off point for something more advanced/ambitious in the near future.

Yea, its pretty different from what you see on their website https://www.positivegrid.com/drumapp/ Also i noticed that the drum app in that link says its coming on 4th quarter(that wasnt there earlier and the page has changed quite a bit since i last checked it not too long ago). So i guess this is some simplified version of whats coming. Maybe sort of open beta thing testing some of its functionalities, dunno. So i guess this isnt yet the thing i was waiting for

Ya I don't think it is, cuz I'm a Beta tester for the big gun, and haven't heard nothin yet.

• 200 mb. It's so big

• @Redo1 said:
    200 mb. It's so big

It is the artificial intelligence within!

• @supadom said:

Not artificially intelligent enough to play "Take Five" along with me, though...

• I'm not naturally intelligent enough either.

• @supadom said:

@Redo1 said:
    200 mb. It's so big

Not surprised. I wasn't swayed by the blurb even at this price. Too fussy ;)

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Not artificially intelligent enough to play "Take Five" along with me, though...

I only tested it on one riff with it, kind of riff that isnt easy to figure out and it worked great.

• Cool, another accompaniment app similar to the DigiTech TRIO pedal! Will definitely try it out.

• Free is always tempting, but without any connectivity, not worth me downloading. Had it been connected, I'd happily have gambled a few quid.

• @ToMess said:
    I only tested it on one riff with it, kind of riff that isnt easy to figure out and it worked great.

I"m sure it's smarter than me. But I'm better looking. ;)

• I tried to outsmart it, but then I wasn't smart enough to play long with the beat it created. I think I lost the game.

• Eh, took it over to a friends house tonight and gave it a go. Some straight forward rock stuff it sounds really decent on but other things it gets lost on. Definitely needs more work and different beats. It certainly has potential but in it's present form I can not find a lot of use for this even if it had AB and IAA which it has neither of. Has nice fills and beat variations on the music it does do I will say.

• Tried to confuse it by yogic breathing into mic, It made an um pah type Polka beat.

• Isn't this like Apple's Music Memos except with drums only?

• @miguelmarcos said:
    Isn't this like Apple's Music Memos except with drums only?

No

• It's funny, but our old drummer was only artificially intelligent.

• @knewspeak said:
    It's funny, but our old drummer was only artificially intelligent.

I though all drummers were :|

• @ToMess said:

@knewspeak said:
    It's funny, but our old drummer was only artificially intelligent.

I though all drummers were :|

Shush... They hang out here too, you'll give them a stack overflow. :#