Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How to send MIDI clock to iOS?

Hey guys! Trying to get MIDI clock out from Reason 9 to my iPad Air 2. The iPad is running a class compliant audio interface with MIDI I/O, and I'm sending the clock to that by a MIDISport UNO. I can see on the interface the MIDI activity light blinks when I start/stop the track in Reason. But I can't get any devices to recognise song position or tempo. MIDI wrench lists the events as [INVALID] so I'm not sure what that's about. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Comments

• edited August 2016

Can you use midivision, or midiflow, (there's a free one, can't remember the name) to trace midi signal coming ?

Does the other way around works ? (iPad clock to Reason)

• Hey man thanks for the reply! I'll try it out shortly - packing for a move so I'm all over the place :)

• edited August 2016

MIDI wrench lists the events as [INVALID] so I'm not sure what that's about. Any ideas?

this is strange. Shouldn't be like that.

Personally I use Studiomux to connect MIDI clock to and from iPads. It's easy to setup and works always perfectly fine.