Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• They just gave us a free TR-606 Drumatix update for the amazing TR-8, so anything else is just a bonus to me (perhaps new sound models for the TB-3?)

• Cool, I didnt know about the 606 expansion. I miss my old 606.
    Hopefully the sampler that was rumored/leaked will be released.

• @Rich303 said:
    Cool, I didnt know about the 606 expansion. I miss my old 606.

It's pretty good actually (and apparently again a very faithful reproduction using their ACB technology). Different enough from the 808 to be a worthy addition to the TR-8's arsenal. Although secretly I had hoped for a CR-78 model (which would have been even more distinct from the existing 808/909/707/727 models).

• I'd prefer it if they updated the drivers for their older MIDI controllers, rather than have a 24 hour festival.

• @brambos said:

@Rich303 said:
    Cool, I didnt know about the 606 expansion. I miss my old 606.

It's pretty good actually (and apparently again a very faithful reproduction using their ACB technology). Different enough from the 808 to be a worthy addition to the TR-8's arsenal. Although secretly I had hoped for a CR-78 model (which would have been even more distinct from the existing 808/909/707/727 models).

Are all the models load able on the Tr8 at the same time? If not I hope Roland eventually make all their software load able via iPad eventually. They did really well with their iPad I integration of their Aira Modular Customiser for the fx pedals.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Are all the models load able on the Tr8 at the same time?

Yes. It's very similar to how Ruismaker works, actually. You can assign different sounds to different channels and you can mix and match as you like in 16 instantly accessible kits (E.g. I made a kit that is a mix of the 727 and the 707). Although there is one caveat: on the kick-channel you can only assign kicks, on the snare channel only snares, etc.

I love mine. It's by far my favorite hardware instrument. Besides the awesome sound I love how its sequencer was designed with live-jamming and performance in mind. Everything about it breathes immediacy, which is hard to describe until you've actually played with one. For a drum machine, it has a surprising amount of soul.

• I keep my fingers crossed for AU-X versions of the boutique line (JP-08/JX-3P & JU-06).
    At ~$99 they should not totally cannibalise the hardware which in my opinion has too damned small knobs/sliders to be useable. (I even considered trading in my own Juno-106 to the sake of 'desk space').

• @brambos said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Yes. It's very similar to how Ruismaker works, actually. You can assign different sounds to different channels and you can mix and match as you like in 16 instantly accessible kits (E.g. I made a kit that is a mix of the 727 and the 707). Although there is one caveat: on the kick-channel you can only assign kicks, on the snare channel only snares, etc.

I love mine. It's by far my favorite hardware instrument. Besides the awesome sound I love how its sequencer was designed with live-jamming and performance in mind. Everything about it breathes immediacy, which is hard to describe until you've actually played with one. For a drum machine, it has a surprising amount of soul.

Yes I have had my hands on one briefly. Have to say I'm a fan of the Aira range.

I think it's a shame there is not more control hardware aimed specifically at iOS apps.

• @Samu said:
    (I even considered trading in my own Juno-106 to the sake of 'desk space').

I sold my 106 recently. I hardly used it anymore and just kept it around for 'bragging rights' ;)
    The boutique range sounds pretty convincing to my ears (but I must admit I'm not an ultra-conservative-analogue-hardliner) and a compact Juno replacement being available was part of my decision to sell. If I ever 'need' that Juno sound again I guess I'll snag up one those boutique boxes. The most distinctive part of the Juno sound was the chorus imho, and the boutique JU nails it pretty much.

• No mention of anything for IOS, but fingers crossed. Even just a facelift for Sound Canvas would be appreciated.

• @Samu said:
    I keep my fingers crossed for AU-X versions of the boutique line (JP-08/JX-3P & JU-06).
    At ~$99 they should not totally cannibalise the hardware which in my opinion has too damned small knobs/sliders to be useable. (I even considered trading in my own Juno-106 to the sake of 'desk space').

Hoping you stick to finger crossing, and keep breathing.
    And don't forget, that things have improved significantly for the boutiques lately:

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2016/08/09/roland-boutique-synths-updated-with-midi-cc-support/

Now give us IOS boutique managers ...

• @PhilW said:
    No mention of anything for IOS, but fingers crossed. Even just a facelift for Sound Canvas would be appreciated.

+1 The 'Desktop' version that was released after the iOS version has a more complete UI for editing all features-
    The same features are available in the iOS version but need external SYS-EX editor...

Being able to use the Soundcavnas as AU-X(1 part) would be sweet as we could add as many parts as we needed.
    Still on my wishlist is a virtual D-50. Sooo many classic sounds there...

• @brambos is the TR8 class compliant ? (at least for midi, midi clock)
    Can you also route the 16 audio out directly to let's say AUM ???
    Does it act as a sound card in this case ?

• @crony said:
    @brambos is the TR8 class compliant ? (at least for midi, midi clock)
    Can you also route the 16 audio out directly to let's say AUM ???
    Does it act as a sound card in this case ?

As far as I know it's not class compliant and needs a vendor-specific driver. At least that was last time I checked, but Roland are still actively updating these devices so maybe I missed a change here. On desktop (PC/mac) it acts as a soundcard and gives access to all instruments as a separate output channel, however.

• Ok, good to know ! Thanks !

• Still on my wishlist is a virtual D-50. Sooo many classic sounds there...

Ah man, what a nice dream.

• @brambos said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

Any chance of you making one @brambos .... Roland series Of Drum Machines?, even a Au Unit of a TB303? Fab if you could? ;)

• @MonzoPro said:
    I'd prefer it if they updated the drivers for their older MIDI controllers, rather than have a 24 hour festival.

I didn't know this when I got my JD-Xi recently. I was counting on using USB for audio because I only have 4 inputs. :(

• edited August 2016

@mkell424 said:

@MonzoPro said:
    I'd prefer it if they updated the drivers for their older MIDI controllers, rather than have a 24 hour festival.

I didn't know this when I got my JD-Xi recently. I was counting on using USB for audio because I only have 4 inputs. :(

Doesn't it work? They stopped supporting my keyboard, which isn't that old, a while back. I've still managed to get it working but half the controllers aren't getting picked up, and I'm guessing an updated driver would fix this.

Tossers, I won't go near one of their products again. They seem to have plenty of time, money and resources for festivals and PR but can't be bothered to keep a driver up to date.

• Not long to go now. Better put the kettle on.

• @PhilW said:
    No mention of anything for IOS, but fingers crossed. Even just a facelift for Sound Canvas would be appreciated.

+1

• I hope they release some new synth for my system-1

• @Aphex said:
    I hope they release some new synth for my system-1

I'd put money on that seeing as the system-8 can hold three at a time and they currently have only 4 (or 5?) available for sale.

• They better have upped the nr of voices on the new versions for the system 8. I haven't seen the plugs, so don't know how they look and work, but 4 voices is a bit of a silly artificial limitation on a desktop/laptop. Hoping they've upped the horsepower on the system 8 to handle at least...8? Would be great.

• @ChrisG said:
    4 voices is a bit of a silly artificial limitation on a desktop/laptop.

They probably did that to make it easy to move projects seamlessly between plugin and plugout setups.

I guess it's safe to assume that a flagship plugout synth the size of an aircraft carrier will be able to do plenty of voices. The original Jupiter 8 was 8-voice, so that would be my bet.

• I'm sure it'll be 8 voices. If you have to use two plug out slots to do it though, I'm gonna laugh.

• anybody got the goods on any samplers?

• There has got to be a sampler- there has to be something in all those unverified reports over the past several months.
    What time does it start at?- I assume it will be either suited with USA's or Japan's time.

• good question, All I want is the mx-1 to become class compliant, and a beat machine that lives up to the rumors

• A Sp-909 would be amazing, sampling and aria emulation in one box..