Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

"the sounddtestroom.com has closed"

It's just damned sad to see that displayed.
Gentlemen, thank you for a great run!

Comments

• "This to shall pass."

[The phrase seems to have originated in the writings of the medieval Persian Sufi poets, and is often attached to a fable of a great king who is humbled by the simple words. Some versions of the fable, beginning with that of Attar of Nishapur, add the detail that the phrase is inscribed on a ring, which has the ability to make the happy man sad and the sad man happy.]

• A great shame, but at least the guys are still posting their own stuff.

• thx for everything, guys, been a big help in many ways

• So long and thanks for the fish.

• Thanks for all the work . Learned a lot , spent & saved money from their info.
    Hope their individual channels flourish .

• RIP. Pretty much the website that got me into IOS music :(
    that being said considering Doug And Jakob are still making videos its not really gone is it ?

• The channels are still as normal, but I saw the closed sign today and it was sad, however we must look forward and carry on promoting iOS Music the best way we know how and for anyone here who isn't a Patreon to thesoundtestroom please do consider a pledge of $1.00 a month to help me continue to make the videos, I promise to make it extra worth your while too, today there is a competition to win ScalePlay and Quincy, yesterday I posted a Patreon exclusive for Analog Synth X, there are other exclusives on there, one more for Phonem and there will be more each week, so I want to make it worth your money, not just a support thing....please please help if you guys can.

https://www.patreon.com/thesoundtestroom

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    The channels are still as normal, but I saw the closed sign today and it was sad, however we must look forward and carry on promoting iOS Music the best way we know how and for anyone here who isn't a Patreon to thesoundtestroom please do consider a pledge of $1.00 a month to help me continue to make the videos, I promise to make it extra worth your while too, today there is a competition to win ScalePlay and Quincy, yesterday I posted a Patreon exclusive for Analog Synth X, there are other exclusives on there, one more for Phonem and there will be more each week, so I want to make it worth your money, not just a support thing....please please help if you guys can.

Gotta say Doug your videos are what got me started on iOS music. I don't think I would've known where to start otherwise. I really appreciate the hard work you put in and the enthusiasm with which you approach all of your videos.

Consider me a pledger!

• @chimp_spanner said:

@thesoundtestroom said:
    The channels are still as normal, but I saw the closed sign today and it was sad, however we must look forward and carry on promoting iOS Music the best way we know how and for anyone here who isn't a Patreon to thesoundtestroom please do consider a pledge of $1.00 a month to help me continue to make the videos, I promise to make it extra worth your while too, today there is a competition to win ScalePlay and Quincy, yesterday I posted a Patreon exclusive for Analog Synth X, there are other exclusives on there, one more for Phonem and there will be more each week, so I want to make it worth your money, not just a support thing....please please help if you guys can.

Gotta say Doug your videos are what got me started on iOS music. I don't think I would've known where to start otherwise. I really appreciate the hard work you put in and the enthusiasm with which you approach all of your videos.

Consider me a pledger!

Thank you so much, just got your pledge in, top man

• Yeah. It's put your money where your ears are kinda thing.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    "This to shall pass."

[The phrase seems to have originated in the writings of the medieval Persian Sufi poets, and is often attached to a fable of a great king who is humbled by the simple words. Some versions of the fable, beginning with that of Attar of Nishapur, add the detail that the phrase is inscribed on a ring, which has the ability to make the happy man sad and the sad man happy.]

"This to shall pass" actually originates from a man back in old Cordobia whilst he was sitting in an outhouse urging his bowels to unload a portion of the Wasapian Elk he had consumed the night before. I thought it best to set you straight in such an important matter.

• how prosaic ^^

• @lala said:
    how prosaic ^^

The word "Prosaic" comes from an old Myxalodian miners camp. It means to drive women nuts with your thundering staff of an implement. Is that the definition you were thinking of? Thanks.

• Was that the miner camp that just used Mixolydian, Lydian, and Locrian modes in their compositions?

• You're close. But its actually more near the "Delorean" side of the Phyrigian peoples of the ancient Smesch Smesch tribe, who drove cars with doors that opened up. Its downscale and uptempo, which was news to me when i found out this little known fact.

• edited August 2016

excuse me,ladies & gentlemen of interzone
    is this a passage from hassans rumpus room?
    ^^

• It's Watson I feel sorry for, cast back out on the streets....

• @lala said:
    excuse me,ladies & gentlemen of interzone
    is this a passage from hassans rumpus room?
    ^^

"Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer" E Plurbius minor 7th fret

• Oh and thanks Soundtestroom guys. You've helped me make many sound decisions.

• edited August 2016

elvis has left the building
    to eat fried bananas

• “Can't write a letter, can't send no postcard, I ain't got time for that now”

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    It's Watson I feel sorry for, cast back out on the streets....

>

Isn't Watson getting his own YouTube channel, advertising quality doggie gobble?

• Watson loves you all

• edited August 2016

gee I am so used to your voice saying hello everybody and welcome to the soundtestroom
    i can literally hear it, lol

• The video reviews by Doug still being done is great news but I'm sad to see the site go down. The app directory was an invaluable tool for us app junkies, trudging through AppShopper.com blindly is certainly not as convenient. But I'm sure compiling that and everything else was hard work, and like thousands of podcasters, site runners and bloggers know, these endeavors are extremely time consuming & money or being paid for most isn't in the equation.

Doing something strictly for the love of it, something we all have experience in, is extremely fulfilling. But in the capitalistic society most of us (really all of us) are in, money is going to be an issue at some point. And even if one is lucky enough to avoid that eventuality (I.e. Can afford passion projects), the sheer time investment is huge.

I appreciate all of the time you guys at the soundtestroom put into helping the iOS music production community. Best of luck to all of you...