Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

My first EP release

I just released a 5 song EP on bandcamp. First time releasing anything other than single songs on a site like SoundCloud etc. Mostly released just cause I happen to have 5 songs ready all at once. So thought I'd give bandcamp a try to test the waters.

made with Gadget mostly and a few imported samples. Give it a listen or a download here:

https://bristolmanor.bandcamp.com/album/ep

Comments

• Congrats. Will have a good old listen tomorrow. Nice one. :)

• Congrats on the EP Release. It's really good. Taking a 2nd listen now.

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Congrats on the EP Release. It's really good. Taking a 2nd listen now.

Thanks a lot guys. Appreciate you taking time to listen.

• Enjoyed all of these sir. Particularly liked "Heavy Handed" & this darker feel that you're spinning. "Codeine Dreams" is an apt title.....the music completely suits. The whole of your EP is absorbing & as with your SOTMC stuff, a positive experience. Thumbs & toes pointing upwards from me. Great work. :)

• @Bluepunk said:
    Enjoyed all of these sir. Particularly liked "Heavy Handed" & this darker feel that you're spinning. "Codeine Dreams" is an apt title.....the music completely suits. The whole of your EP is absorbing & as with your SOTMC stuff, a positive experience. Thumbs & toes pointing upwards from me. Great work. :)

thanks!!

• edited August 2016

I like this and do think it deserves a little bump.

• @SpookyZoo said:
    I like this and do think it deserves a little bump.

Hey thanks again! You're quickly becoming my #1 fan

• Sounding good

• @RedSkyLullaby said:
    Sounding good

thanks man!

• Hi @Halftone - sorry it took me so long to listen to this!

I just found time to have a proper listen all the way through. And it's great.

Really inspiring Gadget sound design. I hear some great stuff coming out of Pheonix and Keiv particularly.

Mixed to perfection (embarrassingly I just have apple ear buds with me today and it sounded great on those).

The drums are great too. Can I ask... Do you mostly import your drum samples, or are you getting those sounds out of the drum samples Gadget ships with?

It all hangs together nicely as a unified EP too. Yet all the tracks are distinctively different.

It's all inspired me to buckle down and try and make some more proper tracks.

I must say I also dipped into Song of the Month August yesterday and absolutely loved the track you have in there. Probably my favourite of yours so far - although I also really liked 'tear down' a while back (good name too).

• thanks @Matt_Fletcher_2000 . Appreciate the comments on the mix - sometimes struggle with that more than composing...

For drums - about half the time I will import a simple drum loop sample in Abu or Bilboa (more often) and loop it - and will usually add some added drums from London or Bilboa Gadgets. My Song of the Month entry for August and 1 or 2 maybe tracks on the EP have imported drum loops. (thanks again - that track is also one of my favourites I've done in the past several months!)

And I think you should 'buckle down' too and try to release an album on bandcamp (or wherever). It was a little more satisfying than releasing individual songs on soundcloud I found. Also seemed to get more exposure - I got about 600 plays in a week - while my soundcloud tracks might get to 100 over a few weeks or so.