Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

studiomux crashing windows- anyone else?

Before anyone asks, yes, I did contact the devs already. :-)

I'm setting up a new laptop and Studiomux is crashing Windows hard. I get blue screen with an ASCII frownie emoticon Specifically, when the ipad is connected to the laptop, Windows crashes immediately after I launch studiomux on the ipad. When I connect the ipad to the laptop, iTunes automatically starts and everything works fine. However, immediately after starting studiomux on the ipad the blue screen comes up on the laptop that says something like "Windows encountered a serious problem and needs to restart". Then the laptop automatically reboots. If I leave the ipad connected to the laptop with studiomux still running on it, the laptop just continues to display this error message and continues restarting. When I close studiomux on the ipad, the error message and restarting stops.

Hoping someone else might have worked around this problem.

Specs:

Dell Precision 5510
Windows 10.0.10586, build 10586 - 64 bit

ipad air 2
ios 9.3.4

Latest version of studiomux and iTunes installed on laptop. Installed as administrator. Ran as administrator when installing 64 bit VSTs. .net framework 3.5 and 4.6 installed on laptop.

Comments

• It's working fine on my desktop win10 64bit. I will try on usb3 ports to see , in the meantime you could check the Windows system logs ,you might find something useful .

• Shit like this is why i got away from windows and bought a mac

• Just a couple of guesses here.....
    Have you tried with a different cable?
    Quit iTunes and anything else accessing the iPad, like explorer, before starting Studiomux.
    Disable Autoplay in win10 Settings/Devices/. In iTunes, uncheck Open iTunes when this device is connected.
    In the bios, uncheck Boot Support for USB devices.

I don't have Studiomux, but from what I've read, it sounds like from what Windows can see, it's changing the iPad from a mass storage device into a network controller.

• Thanks @wigglelights and @Korakios will try those suggestions when I get home.

• to me it looks like a problem with the OS. I use Studiomux regularly with several Windows machines and never had a BSOD. Maybe something wrong with USB drivers? And yes, try those suggestions, they might lead to a solution.

• Thanks @Phil999 Studiomux runs well for me too on a win7 desktop. Will dig in tonight.

• Never had problems like this on my Amiga.

• @AudioGus said:
    Never had problems like this on my Amiga.

Bars&Pipes forever!

• Tried both usb3 and usb2 ports. No crashes, BUT HUGE CPU usage.

Out of nowhere MusicIO (similar app) worked (the vst plugins where not recognized until now)

Maybe I should get iConnectAUDIO4+ and a PS4 and throw my computer.....

• Looks like it's a driver issue. Still troubleshooting. Will report back after it gets sussed out