Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Simple delay/ echo ideas?

Hi- I rather like adding delay and echo to my musical efforts. Is there a simple audiobus friendly app to do this ( with the exception of dahlia delay). I just want straightforward basic time/ feedback controls- no dubbydubs or lots of controls and sliders or dots on the screen or built in packages or beat syncs- just something like a boss pedal- on it's own- pure and simple- a few rotary dials is all I ask. What best fits this criteria?
Cheers

Comments

• If you've got any of the Guitar amp apps, then you could use one of these with just a delay pedal loaded into the chain ?

• This may be of interest Soundtestroom video

• RP-1 all the way. AUFX: Dub is also exceptional.

• AUFX:Dub

Simple, one page, but ...are sliders a deal breaker?

• edited August 2016

I have it and like it, but , simple possibly not. Some good presets and plenty of tweaking if you want.> @Hmtx said:

AUFX:Dub

Simple, one page, but ...are sliders a deal breaker?

• edited August 2016

Holderness Echopad. Lots and lots of options for when you want them but mostly hidden. The main UI is a big XY pad with three 'control' rings on it: one for delay time/feedback, one for tone, one for panning. Slider up top for mix.

Ignore that first review on the web app store. If you can't figure out an XY pad... A reminder that friends of Echo Pad need to update our reviews. Been a while for me.

• Hmm, for $10 more you can get the whole bundle. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app-bundle/holderness-fx-bundle-6-audio/id979025392?mt=8 They all sound great and have super clean UIs with big controls. I think Echopad is the only universal one.

• JamUp XT is free, universal, and has a simple delay plus 5 other FX. In-app purchases of other delay units are inexpensive.

• I wouldn't be without the Holderness family, but have become fond of the Duplicat also.

• Thank you for all the replies! The Lofionic Duplicat is exactly what I was looking for- I had never heard of it before... I don't even remember seeing it in the list of audiobus supported apps list that I sometimes scroll through when I'm supposed to be working.... maybe if I wasn't daydreaming at the same time it would help. :)
    I used to own a WEM Copycat (a historical artefact to some/most of you probably) back in my guitarist days- this is actually better than I had hoped for- it fits the bill perfectly.
    Cheers

• @robosardine said:
    Thank you for all the replies! The Lofionic Duplicat is exactly what I was looking for- I had never heard of it before... I don't even remember seeing it in the list of audiobus supported apps list that I sometimes scroll through when I'm supposed to be working.... maybe if I wasn't daydreaming at the same time it would help. :)
    I used to own a WEM Copycat (a historical artefact to some/most of you probably) back in my guitarist days- this is actually better than I had hoped for- it fits the bill perfectly.
    Cheers

Fantastic stuff. I too owned the fabled WEM copycat, great piece of vintage gear and now very rare and expensive. The app version is way cool too and real easy to work with. Simple but effective. Good choice I say.

• I'm an ex WEM Copycat owner too so I must check that one out. Currently though I'd give another vote for AUFX:Dub, just does the job cleanly, and without any fuss.

• edited August 2016

AUFX:Dub, midi controllable (also tempo), beautiful sound...

• edited August 2016

@MonzoPro said:
    I'm an ex WEM Copycat owner too so I must check that one out. Currently though I'd give another vote for AUFX:Dub, just does the job cleanly, and without any fuss.

Samesies. I quite like Duplicat and EchoPad but AUFX:Dub is almost always the one I open first.

There is definitely something to be said for @robosardine's quest for super simplicity in an effects box. I think the AUFX series are a perfect balance of visual simplicty::power but I could see the series adding a 'Simple' view toggle having 3-4 controls with said controls getting nice and big in the process.

1. Mix
    2. Delay Time [sync button]
    3. Delay Feedback
    4. Tone
    5. Maybe a Modulation Amount

Top bar would have:

1. On/Off [bypass button]
    2. Meters
    3. Full View [toggle button] or maybe just [MENU] with Full View/Simple View being the first option in the menu?

Tone and modulation sliders would be something like 'meta' sliders (smart controls?) and maybe work something like:

• Tone: middle = 0. Left=LPF amount. Right=HPF amount. Sorta like Samplr. Perhaps a slight resonance boost as you go.
    • Modulation: middle = 0 amount, medium speed. Full left = 100% amount, slowest speed. Full right = 100% amount, fastest speed

Same sorta thing could be done for all of the AUFX. Particularly if/when they become AUs, a nice stripped down view would probably very nice.

@j_liljedahl One for the 2019 list?