Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

WTB: Vocaloid MIRIAM

edited August 2016 in Market Place

Hey everybody. Been looking for a copy of Miriam ever since she was retired and Zero-G ran out of serial codes for her. Doesn't matter if you lost her box/CD, I'll take just the files and the serial code over the internet :P I have LEON and LOLA on the same engine, so I know it runs on Win10, and she's probably the best voice of the three, so I'd love to get my hands on her. Let me know if you know of a copy/someone willing to deactivate and uninstall theirs, please! Thanks!

GOOD NEWS! Everything with Phil worked out, and I now proudly own all three of Zero-G's Vocaloid1 voicebanks. THAT BEING SAID, I want to buy a second copy as a gift for my friend who also really wants her! So, please, if you have/know someone who has her, let me know. Thanks again!!

Comments

• edited August 2016

I have managed to locate my original download file and I have a serial code. It certainly isn't running on my current machine, but I can't say if I deactivated it on an old and defunct machine. I am happy to send to you so you can give it a try. PM me your email address.

• Hey everybody, updated the OP! Please let me know if you can help!

• So glad to help with the first request - I hope you get a taker for your friend too.

• Thanks Phil! I kind of felt bad telling him, honestly, since he's probably been looking for her longer than I have. But the cards fall where they do, I suppose. I'm still set to pay you Friday, by the way!

• Ok, that's great, no problem.

• How does Vocaloid compare to Alter/Ego? I'm too lazy to listen to samples

• Vocaloid has lots of different performers Alter/ego has Daisy, and maybe one other.

Vocaloid can only be controlled via the. Piano roll, Alter/ego can be played live (subject to setting the phrases up in advance).

There loads of songs on YouTube with Vocaloid lyrics some are even pretty good.

• Haha, it's a pretty big difference honestly.

The Vocaloid software is going to be thirteen years old, come January. It's on the fourth generation now, and recording style had drastically changed from the first gen. There is little to no engine noise (depending on where it was recorded of course. In a bad studio/with a bad mic there will still be background noise, defeating the purpose of a noiseless engine). The ones in more structured languages are very smooth right now (Japanese and Spanish). More complicated languages are still being toyed with to get more natural pronunciation (for example, English's unvoiced consonant is not included, so if one were to have the voicebank say a word like 'that', the [t] on the end would be aspirated unless replaced with a [d] or unaspirated [dh]). Also, popular company Crypton has made a second engine that newer Vocaloids can run in, called Piapro Studio, but that needs a DAW to run in, and I think only their company's Vocaloids are compatible?

Alter/Ego is still a very new engine. It's very high quality for being a free synth, and A/E's current voice, Daisy, is pretty good. It's a sort of step up from Plogue's older synth chipspeech. Chipspeech was meant to be the voices of older synths (like that one old computer Dandy, and the Vozer) and so was rather robotic. Alter/Ego is supposed to be higher quality, and not vintage-exclusive. A/E doesn't come with its own engine, though - you need a DAW to run it in and a midi keyboard (or the ability to change things in files around so you can use your keyboard inside the DAW) to make the notes. I haven't used it myself, but I've heard from others that it's difficult to get a grasp on at first. To be fair, Vocaloid is much more expensive (considering it's not free) and the learning curve to get good results out of any language but Japanese is very steep as well.

Basically it's up to the effort you put in, the tutorials you watch, which voicebank(s) you use, and how good you are at mixing afterwards, because you can make a pretty low quality vocal sound good when mixing it with the music.

• Piapro can run sweetann and Avanna for sure.

• edited August 2016

Oh, I never knew. Is that only in the V4 version? I definitely heard talk of having to use Crypton's in at least the old version. Or having to have a Crypton 'loid first, and then you can import others? Not sure, not a huge fan of Piapro...

For that matter, how is Ann? I plan to buy her and Al this Christmas before PFX runs out of V4 import codes for them, but I haven't heard much about how easy or hard they are to use. (To be fair I don't think any English 'loid can be harder to use than Prima is)

• edited August 2016

Errrr not sure which version it is tbh, I bought the English Miku in a bundle with it. But Avanna is V3. I don't have any V4 artists.

You do have to go via a crypton importer though.

I prefer Avanna to Anne and prefer both of them to Miku who is a bit squeaky for my taste.

• Ah, I thought there was like a software update or something, or an upgrade version that comes with Crypton's V4x 'loids? Dunno.

I don't care for Miku ENG's accent. I think the only Crypton's English I do like is Kaito's, and even his is iffy in places. I actually don't care that much for Avanna, though, honestly. V3 was a bad era for English banks, in my opinion, as I don't much like Oliver or YOHIOloid either. Just to say I have them all, I'll eventually buy them, but... I'll buy Ann and Al to finish up my V2's, then buy the V4 English ones first... (Zero-G is my favorite English 'loid company. I have all of their V1 and V2 banks now. I like their V4 ones, Dex and Daina, though I was a little leery of the designs to begin with)

• I'm waiting for the vocaloid 4 for cubase to be available in uk, before getting any v4 voices.

• It's not available in the UK? That's dumb. Then again, Yamaha isn't the best at releasing things at appropriate times. I remember Cyber Diva, the so called 'American voice for the American audience' released in America almost six months after Japan...

• Not as far as I can tell. It's in the US store but vanishes if you go to the UK one. Oh well.

• You could get it on Amazon?

• If only DARPA would peel back some of that bomb money and invest in English vocal synthesis...

• That'd be really interesting! Of course, with how varied the English language is, I think it'd take a long time to get it to sound natural, though.

• edited August 2016

I found these 2 apps by accident earlier

MMDPlayer by Crestra Inc.
    https://appsto.re/gb/HjW6B.i

Moviestorm: Get Animated In 3d by Moviestorm
    https://appsto.re/gb/BMl3G.i

Not terribly relevant but kinda cool so I wanted to share.

• Oh, hey that's pretty cool! I never much cared for most MMD models, since they're pretty clunky looking, but there are some really good modelers that have made some really beautiful things. Moviestorm seems pretty interesting too!