Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Meteor Multitrack on Sale!

edited July 2013 in General App Discussion

I just got an alert that Meteor Multitrack is on sale for $11.99 / £7.99. If it's been on your want list, now could be the best time to give it a try!

Comments

• Still the DAW with the most features.

• Do meteor multitrack recorder has build in midi drum sequencer like GarageBand?
    Is it sound good?

• I take it the IAPs aren't on sale? Would be interested in that case.

• It's the DAW I've been using! I like it!

• @jesse_ohio - I re-downloaded it last night just to check and see if the IAP's were too but no dice : (

• I just picked up Cubasis tonight, and I REALLY like what I see and hear! I may be replacing Meteor. :-)

• The two big money DAW's aside, Meteor is a great full-featured DAW with tons of options available at a comparably minimal price and a great choice for lower budget buyers

• I'm not dissing it, but £14+5.49 for midi control and 4.99 to bring it to 24 tracks + 7.49 for instruments = pretty close to Cubasis. I'm just trying it again, though and it does seem to have a lot more than cubasis (currently) does. And the midi editor is a country mile ahead

• Yea I didn't think much about the IAP Virtual Instruments + MIDI Editor/Sequencer is $14 then there are a bunch of IAP effects, which I believe are mostly better versions of the already included effects along with a few new ones. I see your point.

Actually it's prob one of the most feature rich DAW's and included just about everything. Audio/Midi, Sequencer, Audio/Sample Editor, Effects, Virtual Instruments, Automation, and prob more stuff I'm forgetting. Honestly, one of my biggest "issues" with it, it's so ugly! The UI could really use a graphic overhaul. Still a great option though.

• You can get the Instruments plus MIDI Editor for £10.49 and the basic version is 16 tracks, which is enough for most iPad productions, making the 24 track upgrade extremely optional. For anyone thinking of getting a well featured DAW with both audio and MIDI, the essential Meteor package at under £25 is a very good deal.

I have Meteor and Cubasis, use both and rate them both highly. Meteor is a bit more complex due to the extra features, but you do get a lot for your money.

• Another advantage is that it's only 260Mb even with all the samples. Puts BM2 to shame

• What's the quality of the virtual instruments? Presumably better than BM2 (which isn't saying much), but does it come close to SampleTank or even GB?

The built-in synth is an intriguing option (something that I sorely miss in BM2) and the few videos I found demonstrating it indicated pretty good sounds from it. But I think the UI implementation is bonkers. Synth controls float in a pop-up above the keyboard? Ridiculous.

• about the same as BM2: not a patch on Sampletank or various soundfonts I've got for BS16. I wouldn't recommend them. The synth is ok, but it's great for mucking around and building your own patches. So far I've used Audioshare to get samples in, but you can record your own: ?? with audiobus- haven't tried. But you're right: the position, allowing you to hit about 2 notes at the top end of the register isn't clever. Nor are a selection of important buttons under the keyboard: I keep slipping into the wave editor/fx when I didn't want to! Don't know about stability/CPUsage yet, but I've not heard anyone else complain.

• OK, thanks for the input.

I'd like to try it, but it just seems like it doesn't get me a whole lot over BM2, which is my only DAW at present.

I think I'd rather just save the money from Meteor and put it toward Cubasis, which has the best DAW UI I've seen on iOS. Having everything arranged neatly on one main screen without needing to change views (like in BM2 - very disruptive and annoying to me) or obscure important controls or elements (Meteor) would mean a lot to me.

• @jessie_ohio - if you have more specific questions, one person that I know used/uses Meteor heavily and is very familiar with it is @Ryan (prob best to hit him up on iOSMars.com as I haven't seen him around here in a bit

• Also @mgmg4871 is another.

• I have every other DAW on iOS, so you'd think I'd just buy this one too, but all of my needs are met here between BM2 and Auria. I'm really proud of myself. I feel like I've overcome an important part of the addiction. Don't buy apps you already own. Yay me! I don't know who I'm kidding. I'm sure I'll buy it tonight.

• @boone51 - come on man...everyone is doing it!

• Ha! I have the same internal struggle all the time. Currently deliberating on the C.24 keyboard... only 39 of 1000 left for the $99 price tier, and I really want it, but I don't really need it... and I could use that money to buy Cubasis or some other cool hardware interface. HMmMmmmmM :\