Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio Mastering App: Easter Egg or Accident?

edited July 2013 in App Tips and Tricks

So I was in iFunbox the other day and randomly checking out apps, I came across Audio Mastering and noticed something. I saw that in the normal system files where all app info is stored there was a folder called "color.scheme" that had one *.plist/txt file inside of it. Didn't think much about it until I was in the documents folder where users can store their files and make edits, I saw another "color.scheme" folder with nothing in it. I copied the file from the system files to my PC and started looking at it in Notepad++, naturally there is a million different areas that require graphics, colors, etc.

I expected the file to be gibberish but it actually made sense and was a list composed of every label for every area on the app, RGB color codes (rrr,ggg,bbb), even the radius of corners (lines/buttons). Of course I'm not the developer so I didn't understand what every area/label was, although they are labeled very well, I did my best to put a few colors together to see if it would actually change the app. I really has no hope that this would actually work so tried not to waste to much time.

I did the best I could to see the colors and placing of everything in the app just by going off the labels and the RGB color codes. I used Notepad++ to quickly find and change multiples of the same code at once so it was less tedious. With the least bit of faith that this would actually work I kept the file name the same as the stock one but I dropped the file in the "color.scheme" folder located in the documents folder (where user files are stored) instead of the system folder.

I rebooted my iPad and started up Audio Mastering to see this:

Note: though this doesn't do anything musically to help you or anything,its strictly cosmetic...and I forgot to change a few things like the waveform color as you can see but you get the gist.

Comments

• Nice work!

• If I spent the time I'd actually make it much nicer. What I really want to know though was this a surprise, was it supposed to be found, was it meant for the dev only/future updates (themes?) idk just curious

• Nice sleuthing! :) I'm guessing it's intended for the dev only, but he put it in the documents folder so it's easy for him to transfer files around via iTunes File Sharing.

• @Rhism - Yea but it was originally empty, the correct one is in the system files/folders which I can't edit. So there are two of the same folders, system had a file in it and user/document folder was empty I just copied the system file, edited it, and pasted into the user one, which obviously is told to override the stock/system one because I left the file in the other one too and it still took...idk lol just thought it was neat.

• @JMSexton Yep so he was using the documents folder while iterating on the design, or maybe he hired a designer and created the documents folder version to let the designer try different ideas easily. Once the design was finalized he just copied the file into the main app bundle, deleted it from the documents folder, and then forgot (intentionally?) to disable the code that lets the documents version override the system version... which lay buried there undiscovered until you found it.

• Yay me! ::jumps with fist held high in air:: doesn't serve a purpose but is neat to play with.

• Impressive. Web five.