Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy tutorials and more

edited August 2016 in App Tips and Tricks

An idea came up recently on the forum here talking about tutorials or group video chats for specific apps that can be tricky to master. I'd like to open a discussion about that specifically. What apps do you really want to learn? and are motivated enough to back a patreon creator?

Personally, I love Loopy and might consider starting up a Loopy Tutorials patreon account just for fun especially if I can get some patronage to do something I love. It is one of those apps that I see a number of people "in the know" who have mastered it and do amazing things with it. Then there are others who have a block that keeps them from making it useful.

Each comment here should end with a hashtag marker naming the app you are talking about so I can try to keep track of the discussion. #loopy or #AUM for example

Comments

• So I'll start. Auria Pro is the most elusive app to me but I know it is great. I bought the app and have hardly used it! I would gladly get behind a Patreon creator who regularly put out high quality how-to content for #AuriaPro.

• I think webinars would be the best approach, as those allow interaction, screen sharing, and recording. I'm interested in #Loopy, #Modstep, and #iVCS3. @technemedia indicated he could host #DifferentDrummer through FB. I'd be interested in that as well, since I'm sure he can point out some things I have yet to figure out. YT videos have been the main approach to introducing folks to an app, but the lack of interaction limits the value, IMO.

• @funjunkie27 said:
    I think webinars would be the best approach, as those allow interaction, screen sharing, and recording. I'm interested in #Loopy, #Modstep, and #iVCS3. @technemedia indicated he could host #DifferentDrummer through FB. I'd be interested in that as well, since I'm sure he can point out some things I have yet to figure out. YT videos have been the main approach to introducing folks to an app, but the lack of interaction limits the value, IMO.

I agree, but boy do I hate FB. Guess I'm going to have to rejoin, sigh...

• I would probably go with Google Hangouts (for recording, interaction, etc) any objections to that?

• @Hmtx Hangouts or Youtube live? I have a cool little program called OBS https://obsproject.com

This is how I have been doing my tutorials as of late. It integrates with youtube live but I am sure it would work with hangouts as well. and allows you to go live and have multiple scenes and stuff. Pretty cool. I have also thought about doing some live tutorial sessions as well.

• You guys are awesome. Very inspiring. How does Patreon work? Is it like a tip jar?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    You guys are awesome. Very inspiring. How does Patreon work? Is it like a tip jar?

Similar, but you also get to wear an invisible cloak of red smug velvet and parade around in front of the mirror of yourself. Pretty good feeling for a Friday with nothing much else on the docket.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    You guys are awesome. Very inspiring. How does Patreon work? Is it like a tip jar?

Similar, but you also get to wear an invisible cloak of red smug velvet and parade around in front of the mirror of yourself. Pretty good feeling for a Friday with nothing much else on the docket.

Like I'm not doing that already?

• edited August 2016

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    you also get to wear an invisible cloak of red smug velvet and parade around in front of the mirror of yourself. Pretty good feeling for a Friday with nothing much else on the docket.

invisible, but often painfully evident

• @gmslayton said:
    @Hmtx Hangouts or Youtube live? I have a cool little program called OBS https://obsproject.com

This is how I have been doing my tutorials as of late.

Hey thanks, that looks great. Do you have any recordings on YouTube we can check out?

• This looks sort of interesting:

https://unicorns.io/info

• @gmslayton good stuff!

well I decided to google "loopy HD tutorial" ...ya know, just to see what else is out there. and I found this. what the...

I don't even know what they are doing. Is that the giant 60" iPad we've all been waiting for? I'm so confused. Are they using AirPlay... but they touch the dang TV... ? Kids these days. I think I've become obsolete.

• @Hmtx thanks and that tutorial video is insane. No idea how they are doing that. Some cleaver video editing or Maybe a well rehearsed video with someone controlling the iPad and mimicking what she is doing on the tv?