Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ScalePlay ?

Has anyone tried this yet?

Comments

• edited August 2016

This looks genuinely interesting. does anyone own it and tested it yet ?

Edit:- Found some videos here:- http://rogame.com/scaleplay.html
    the examples are kind of terrible sounding lol but i see potential.....

• It's in the same sort of ballpark as fugue machine I think

• edited August 2016

@BiancaNeve said:
    It's in the same sort of ballpark as fugue machine I think

it is, kinda. But not really. Based mostly on arpeggiating many different scales and has this feature called TouchPlay which allows you to play chords as scales randomly. Kinda cool. You can build consecutive patterns based on changing scales/chords. Its pretty deep and the manual is superb. I played with it last night and was able to some up with some very interesting results. The internal sounds to me are not that great. It does have MIDI out which I haven't tried yet. But I like it. Its in a unique place and inspires different kind of melodies than I would come to with any other app.

p.s. I'm confused why they call this app "generative" because the patterns don't really evolve (as far as I can tell) or get created on the fly by the app...

• It works well with MIDI out.
    The internal sounds are meh...
    It is a lot of fun.

• In my estimation, if this app had real generative aspects, like simply applying a game of life type variation to the patterns, it would go from a good app to a great app (for me anyways)...

• @gkillmaster said:
    In my estimation, if this app had real generative aspects, like simply applying a game of life type variation to the patterns, it would go from a good app to a great app (for me anyways)...

That might be a good suggestion to the developer. They also developed the app Quincy, which does have Game of Life generative notes in it. The developer is also very receptive to comments and suggestions.

• One thing I can't tell from the manual and demo is whether you can put rests in the phrase matrix. It doesn't look like that is possible. The ability to create rhythmic effects in Fugue Machine is one of the great features of that app. Is that possible in ScalePlay?

• @Seangarland said:

@gkillmaster said:
    In my estimation, if this app had real generative aspects, like simply applying a game of life type variation to the patterns, it would go from a good app to a great app (for me anyways)...

That might be a good suggestion to the developer. They also developed the app Quincy, which does have Game of Life generative notes in it. The developer is also very receptive to comments and suggestions.

O cool. had no idea. Thanks for the suggestion...

• @jimhanks said:
    One thing I can't tell from the manual and demo is whether you can put rests in the phrase matrix. It doesn't look like that is possible. The ability to create rhythmic effects in Fugue Machine is one of the great features of that app. Is that possible in ScalePlay?

I couldn't find a way to insert rests. I was looking for it too...

• To insert rests you have to play only the notes above the separation line (press on the button with a kind of rectangle). The notes below can then be used as silences. The separation line can be configured in the parameters.

• @cuscolima said:
    To insert rests you have to play only the notes above the separation line (press on the button with a kind of rectangle). The notes below can then be used as silences. The separation line can be configured in the parameters.

o, right!! thanks for reminder about that.

• One thing I'd like to see is the ability to change the Phrase Matrix on the fly. At the very least, I'd like to be able to change the phrase pattern based on the step of the Step Matrix.

• I kinda think it's backwards.
    At the moment you choose a chord which gives you a set of scales. I think I would rather set the scale then be offered the chords.

• Where are you choosing a chord?

• On the tabs at the bottom.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    On the tabs at the bottom.

Ah, I see. Yeah, it would be nice to get a chord selection based on a given scale. Maybe that will be in a future update. (Hint hint, RoGame.)

• Old thread. I really like Scaleplay but it won't open on my 10.5 Pro. Does anyone know if the developer is on the forum? Have tried tweeting RoGame too.

• Just skipped over the description and feel the urge to get it!

• There are some 13 pages of documentation!

http://rogame.com/d/ios/scaleplay.html

• @tja said:
    There are some 13 pages of documentation!

http://rogame.com/d/ios/scaleplay.html

It's a really cool app. I hope they get it working on the new Pro.

• 'Update (1.2.6 -> 1.2.7) for the “ScalePlay” App.

What's New in this version: • This version adds support for Audiobus 3 and improved support for the 10.5 inch iPad.'

Haven't tested this yet but nice, timely update by the looks of it!