Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT-Apple releases Logic Pro X- free iPad remote App

Comments

• Here's the AppStore link...

Logic Remote by Apple

• Thoughts:

1. Awesome.
    2. I think a standalone Logic Mobile/iOS edition is a no-brainer come fall.
    3. I wish I had a Mac.
  • so,they bring on more GB iOS into Logic Mac instead of vice versa.Interesting move :)

Now i don't think there will be a Logic for iPad in the"near"future.

I feel free now,no sleepless nights anymore and i can totally concentrate on auria and cubasis :)

• Bring it on. This could also mean a new version of Logic Pro (10 or X) is on the horizon. Cool

• edited July 2013

Indeed... Logic Pro X was released for Mac at $199

• @FrankieJay
    Logic Pro X is out now on the Mac App Store
    There's also a new version of Mainstage out as well

• Thanks guys. Well I never......... This slipped in under the radar. At $199 (£131) Logic Pro X becomes the best DAW for features and price. Stunning. Never underestimate the Apple.

• In typical Apple fashion, this could well be £199. Can't wait to get home to see how much it is priced on Mac App Store. Hmmm

• It's been $199 since it went App Store only. Even before that it was the best deal in DAWs when you factor in all the content you get with it.

That said, I never use it anymore myself :)

• @FrankieJay - that is the price on the Mac AppStore....it looks "sexy" too! Please forgive me for using that term lol

• I understand but I'm in the UK hence me saying £199 which will be about $260. Except I could try to get it from the US store?

• @FrankJay - No $199 US making it approx $132 UK. Sorry for the confusion! I always fail to remember that there are people from all over the world on here, really a beautiful thing if you think about it; that we all can communicate and understand without being hostile, though we all have our differences. What a BIG happy family (that needs proper MIDI and a great drum app...amongst other things)

Sorry for the mushy/soppy stupidness ...haha

• @JMSexton - hey it's one big world and all of us here on this site are moved by the power of music. That's all that matters really. All cool. Logic Pro X is priced at £139.99 in the UK Mac App Store.

• Hint wink wink.. Pro tip for this community : I believe you can buy this with iTunes cards .... and you can get the cards at 20% from all those promos running at best buy etc.... Sorry, US only!!! .. So it's like Logic for only $160 making it the best deal EVAR

Incidentally , does the iPad app work with Mainstage3?? Can we use the same new loops and instruments with MS3 also ?? That would be more cool

• Totally just impulse bought it.

• @Matthew - if I had a Mac I may have too lol that's a big impulse!

• edited July 2013

Must... resist... impulse...

I already have Logic Pro 9 which I don't use that often anymore, but I like what I see here, and the iPad integration is cool...

• The iPad app is really cool. I would've thought latency would be an issue, but it's super responsive.

• Overall it's a lot more useful than I thought it would be, though I did have some issues with it locking up and not working with my rMBP anymore. Had to restart a couple times, and once when adding a new instrument track via the iOS app, the laptop app crashed and quit.

BUT, when it's working I find it's something pretty well thought out and that I'd use more than I would have guessed prior to trying.

• Quick question. Would it be possible to link apps like animoog etc through to logic X with audiobus and the logic remote as the output?. That'd be a game changer for me.

• No. You can think of the Remote app as a midi controller basically.

• Somewhat sadly, mountain lion only. Just as well, I hardly use my macbook for music these days.

Looks so much better than the current version though! I want it. Shame some of the older huge instruments like ultrabeat, es2 and exs24 didn't get a visual refresh. They are so horrible looking and horribly laid out that I have trouble using them at all.

• Agreed, it looks beautiful until you open a plug in, not sure what's going on with that. Hopefully we get an update soon that fixes this.