Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT - Apples way to remind you to update... :-((

13»

Comments

• I'm not convinced this is due to bad intentions or disregard of the user's convenience per se. It could very well be a well-meant "Oh hey there's an 800Mb installer sitting here in your storage space. Can we get on with the installation so I can remove it and free up your space for you again?"

Maybe the reminders are more of an issue than losing the disk space?

For some. But keep in mind that our needs as ultra-power-users are not the needs of the average user. We are the 1%. Most people appreciate iOS's way of doing stuff automatically with minimal user interaction required (in fact, I do too on my devices that are not earmarked for one very specific purpose).

I understand where you're coming from (and I recognize the irritation), but I also see Apple's rationale and I'm just saying they're not doing it with evil intentions.

• I'm with @MonzoPro on this one. Where does it end? How about Apple being able to force switch on your internet to update? Imagine that during a gig. Where is the line drawn?

It sets a precedent. One I believe to be quite dangerous.

• @brambos said:

I'm not convinced this is due to bad intentions or disregard of the user's convenience per se. It could very well be a well-meant "Oh hey there's an 800Mb installer sitting here in your storage space. Can we get on with the installation so I can remove it and free up your space for you again?"

Maybe the reminders are more of an issue than losing the disk space?

For some. But keep in mind that our needs as ultra-power-users are not the needs of the average user. We are the 1%. Most people appreciate iOS's way of doing stuff automatically with minimal user interaction required (in fact, I do too on my devices that are not earmarked for one very specific purpose).

So there should be an option for power users to turn them off for a set period. That would be a helpful reminder.

@brambos said:

I understand where you're coming from (and I recognize the irritation), but I also see Apple's rationale and I'm just saying they're not doing it with evil intentions.

I've worked for software and hardware companies, and don't see this as a purely altruistic feature. If it was, they'd give me an option to turn it off.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    I'm with @MonzoPro on this one. Where does it end? How about Apple being able to force switch on your internet to update? Imagine that during a gig. Where is the line drawn?

It sets a precedent. One I believe to be quite dangerous.

It's harassment no more, no less, if this was a tactic employed by a sales person knocking on your door repeatedly, I think most people would become irate.

• wimwim
    edited August 2016

I would be less annoyed if there was a way to roll back. Even the evil empire (Microsoft) lets you do this.

I'll never forget the day I learned that to Apple a "backup" does not mean that you can go "back" to your previous state. An update f4#@ed up something on my iPad. I thought "No problem I'll just restore my backup!" Dutifully restored ... to exactly the post upgrade state (minus all my passwords for email accounts, etc.). No way to go back.

That's what really gets to me. If they never made a mistake, never broke anything, always had backward compatibility, didn't continually slow down older devices until they die ... basically when pigs can fly ... maybe I'd be less pissed. Not providing any roll-back capability is just arrogant and inconsiderate beyond belief.