Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT - Apples way to remind you to update... :-((

edited August 2016 in Off-topic

Excuse me, but I'm so fuckin' irritated on Apple regarding updates to iOS...

I'm on 9.32 on three devices and I'm pleased with that for the moment...
But, Apples regular reminds me again and again and again and again...
Yeah, 20 times a day they reminds me I've must upgrade MY devices...

I have paid more than $3000 for my recent devices, and, It's my devices, AND, I do whatever I WANT with my devices!

No no no, Apple wanna force me to upgrade to (first it was an buggy 9.33) 9.34. I'm not shure everything that matters to me works perfect on 9.33/9.34 so I wait with that...

No no no way. Apple won't get up. They constantly reminds me on every occasion I NOT will be distracted!

They won't us to have an option that says "Don't remind me again"... :-((

As I said, It's MY devices, not Apples that I have borrow from them...

What do you other guys think about Apples way to force us to upgrade?

«13

Comments

  • It is irritating, but in the scheme of things, a minor irritation.
    It's their playground and I have to put up with their nonsense if I want to play kickball.

  • A lot of the updates are security-related, so there's a (moral, ethical?) reason for the insistence.

  • It's a pita for sure but it could be worse, I read on the intertubes (so it must be true) that a recent update for win10, wiped out peoples ilok on machine licences, if they tried to install a demo or new plug, think the only version of win10 that doesn't auto update is the enterprise ed.

    I'm hoping ios/osx doesn't follow microsofts lead, but you can see how tempting every compatible device being on the same page is to tech behemoths. I'm glad I've got a boxed copy of win8 still.

  • Im still using ios 8.4. Havent used my ipad air for a while since i bought an android phone and started get addicted flashing roms and tweaking kernels. Ultimate freedom yes, but what a bunch of crap apps in the play store (millions). Compared to android, the ios apps are running rock solid and probably because devs are also forced to update their apps more often. Im glad i still have an ios device with all those nice audio apps you will never see in the play store the next years.For me personal i dont care to give up some freedom in exchange for all those cool audio apps.

  • edited August 2016

    I don't care that much, 9.3.3 and 9.3.4 are widely praised as stable versions. In fact the last widespread bug introduced by an iOS update that I know of was in iOS 9.3.2 that bricked iPad Pro 9.7 models so...

    I think overall that security is more important than anything else so I'm glad iOS devices see continuous updates even when a few years have passed and even if it comes at the cost of some performance ( and it's not that much, I have an iPad 3 on iOS 9.3.4 and it's nowhere near as horrible as some people seem to think comparing it with my current iPad Pro 12.9) but i agree that the user should be able to decide when to install an update in case bugs get introduced or some new functions break compatibility and they really need an stable OS for some serious work also the update should never download automatically taking away storage space it's just that in this particular case I don't get it, what's broken with 9.3.4 that wasn't broken in 9.3.2?

    I wonder how remainders for update work, a friend of mine has his iPhone on 9.2 and barely gets a remainder every month or something like that.

    This it's going on not just on iOS/ OS X, right now I can't avoid a Windows 10 update in any form (Apple software at least requires your permission to install the update or it remains hanging forever) An most android hardware has the exact opposite problem, updates never arrive or only arrive for the next major version and then the devices get dropped (my htc one m8 most likely won't get android 7 but my iPhone 6 from the same year will probably run iOS 13.)

  • as an added insult / helping hand , I've just had a message on choosing " update later " suggesting " between 2 -4 am would be a good time to install " /paraphrase .
    So they are now haggling over specifying " Later "

  • wimwim
    edited August 2016

    @ErrkaPetti said:
    As I said, It's MY devices, not Apples that I have borrow from them...

    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that isn't exactly true. t's your device, but Apple's operating system. We don't own squat other than an expensive piece of hardware that is useless without their operating system:

    1. General.
      (a) The software (including Boot ROM code, embedded software and third party software), documentation, interfaces, content, fonts and any data that came with your iOS Device (“Original iOS Software”), as may be updated or replaced by feature enhancements, software updates or system restore software provided by Apple (“iOS Software Updates”), whether in read only memory, on any other media or in any other form (the Original iOS Software and iOS Software Updates are collectively referred to as the “iOS Software”) are licensed, not sold, to you by Apple Inc. (“Apple”) for use only under the terms of this License. Apple and its licensors retain ownership of the iOS Software itself and reserve all rights not expressly granted to you. ...

    So basically they can do whatever they want with their software. Nice eh?

    What do you other guys think about Apples way to force us to upgrade?

    Pisses me off, but there isn't a thing I can do about it, so I don't waste any emotion on it. I just upgrade. What really pisses me off though is my iPad 2, which was perfectly usable back with iOS 7 and 8, sits on the shelf now, basically useless with iOS 9.

    Here's another little gem from the terms and conditions...

    7.4 APPLE DOES NOT WARRANT AGAINST INTERFERENCE WITH YOUR ENJOYMENT OF THE iOS SOFTWARE AND SERVICES, THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN, OR SERVICES PERFORMED OR PROVIDED BY, THE iOS SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE OPERATION OF THE iOS SOFTWARE AND SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT ANY SERVICE WILL CONTINUE TO BE MADE AVAILABLE, THAT DEFECTS IN THE iOS SOFTWARE OR SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE iOS SOFTWARE WILL BE COMPATIBLE OR WORK WITH ANY THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE, APPLICATIONS OR THIRD PARTY SERVICES. INSTALLATION OF THIS iOS SOFTWARE MAY AFFECT THE AVAILABILITY AND USABILITY OF THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE, APPLICATIONS OR THIRD PARTY SERVICES, AS WELL AS APPLE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES.

    So basically no warranty whatever.

  • Either I'm not getting as many update requests as others or they don't bother me as much. And I stayed with iOS 8 for a long time on two different iPads.

    Whenever I don't want an update that's been downloaded I go into storage and delete it.

  • With Apple resistance is futile! They don't own your device, no. They own YOU,

  • On the flip side of this we are living in a miraculous space age with a world of mind-blowing tools at our literal fingertips as we glide and tap on glass to Make Stuff Happen.

  • My point was that Apple is making you nuts with this repeatedly reminders... Grrr!

    And, the same case is my two iPads with cellular/4G capabilities, with only an Sim-card in my Pro, not in my Air2.
    EVERY time I put my Air2 from airplane-mode to WiFi-mode (at home) Apple MUST reminds me that I've not got any Sim-card installed...
    Apple, I KNOW there's no Sim-card in that device! I have gotten this remind at least 100 times now :-((
    Irritating!!!

  • @ErrkaPetti said:
    My point was that Apple is making you nuts with this repeatedly reminders... Grrr!

    And, the same case is my two iPads with cellular/4G capabilities, with only an Sim-card in my Pro, not in my Air2.
    EVERY time I put my Air2 from airplane-mode to WiFi-mode (at home) Apple MUST reminds me that I've not got any Sim-card installed...
    Apple, I KNOW there's no Sim-card in that device! I have gotten this remind at least 100 times now :-((
    Irritating!!!

    Think of it as nagware.

  • Regardless of whether they can legally do it or not, or who owns the software it's a Royal pain in the arse. I don't want a reminder popping up when I'm in the middle of a music making session - that spoils the usage and enjoyment of a device I've paid for.

    They never used to do it, so some idiot has decided they should implement this irritating nonsense. Someone at Apple should point out that sometimes their updates BREAK THINGS, and those of us in the know like to wait a while before taking the plunge and don't want to be treated like naughty children before we do so.

  • I'm a bit confused. I can't remember ever seeing a reminder to update

  • @MonzoPro said:
    Regardless of whether they can legally do it or not, or who owns the software it's a Royal pain in the arse. I don't want a reminder popping up when I'm in the middle of a music making session - that spoils the usage and enjoyment of a device I've paid for.

    They never used to do it, so some idiot has decided they should implement this irritating nonsense. Someone at Apple should point out that sometimes their updates BREAK THINGS, and those of us in the know like to wait a while before taking the plunge and don't want to be treated like naughty children before we do so.

    It's competition with Micro$oft's hard sell of Win10 and @Fruitbat1919 what version of iOS are you using, the reminders are rampant on 9.3.3, each iteration of iOS they seem to ramp it up.

  • @knewspeak said:

    @MonzoPro said:
    Regardless of whether they can legally do it or not, or who owns the software it's a Royal pain in the arse. I don't want a reminder popping up when I'm in the middle of a music making session - that spoils the usage and enjoyment of a device I've paid for.

    They never used to do it, so some idiot has decided they should implement this irritating nonsense. Someone at Apple should point out that sometimes their updates BREAK THINGS, and those of us in the know like to wait a while before taking the plunge and don't want to be treated like naughty children before we do so.

    It's competition with Micro$oft's hard sell of Win10 and @Fruitbat1919 what version of iOS are you using, the reminders are rampant on 9.3.3, each iteration of iOS they seem to ramp it up.

    I'm on 9.3.4 but I just don't remember ever having reminders at any point. To be fair, I've updated pretty quickly during iOS 9. I waited longer on each iteration of iOS 8

  • Blame apple pay and the jail breakers

  • @Proppa said:
    On the flip side of this we are living in a miraculous space age with a world of mind-blowing tools at our literal fingertips as we glide and tap on glass to Make Stuff Happen.

    +147

  • On my iPad it asks every day until I update. The dialog is similar to some dubious website popup where all answers lead to the same result. It's sleazy and insulting, and an absolute pain if you"re holding off until you know the latest update didn't break something critical. (And it does seem Apple and Microsoft are having a contest to see who can be the most appallingly high-handed).

  • Courtesy of ACAD, Apple Customer Annoyance Division.
    Soon we shall enjoy their single most important contribution:
    The ditching of the 3,5" headphone out.
    Can't wait.

  • The powers that be would love it all to be on the net. Similar to those computers that are basically just a web browser (forgot the name). Then they would have total control arrrrrgh.

  • @DeVlaeminck said:
    Courtesy of ACAD, Apple Customer Annoyance Division.
    Soon we shall enjoy their single most important contribution:
    The ditching of the 3,5" headphone out.
    Can't wait.

    If the 3,5mm headphone audio out disappear, then I have bought my last iOS device (bought 19 devices so far)...

    apples adapter-business make me sick...

  • I only get nagged when the update has downloaded to my device. When I delete the update the nags go away for a few weeks until apple can sneak the update file back into storage. Then, I delete it again and get some respite for a few more weeks.

  • @Fruitbat1919 said:

    @knewspeak said:

    @MonzoPro said:
    Regardless of whether they can legally do it or not, or who owns the software it's a Royal pain in the arse. I don't want a reminder popping up when I'm in the middle of a music making session - that spoils the usage and enjoyment of a device I've paid for.

    They never used to do it, so some idiot has decided they should implement this irritating nonsense. Someone at Apple should point out that sometimes their updates BREAK THINGS, and those of us in the know like to wait a while before taking the plunge and don't want to be treated like naughty children before we do so.

    It's competition with Micro$oft's hard sell of Win10 and @Fruitbat1919 what version of iOS are you using, the reminders are rampant on 9.3.3, each iteration of iOS they seem to ramp it up.

    I'm on 9.3.4 but I just don't remember ever having reminders at any point. To be fair, I've updated pretty quickly during iOS 9. I waited longer on each iteration of iOS 8

    That's the latest version isn't it? Maybe you've got automatic updates turned on.

  • Yeah the reminders are getting more frequent and harder to dismiss. On a Mac you used to be able to swipe them off screen, now you need like two clicks to select "remind me tomorrow". It's gross.

  • edited August 2016

    I deleted the update one of my iDevices and gained about 100MB of space (not sure about the size). I'll update the iOS when ready, and now it doesn't nag me. I can't recall but I think it will re-download itself again, but for now...no more nagging.

  • I finally installed the latest on my iPhone5 (if nothing else than to get the damned notifications to stop) and so far so good. I wonder how far down the update road it'll be before my iDevice will no longer be updateable...

  • edited August 2016

    updates will cease once performance has been degraded to the point where you're forced to either upgrade the phone, or go mad.

  • So can anyone who gets the update messages verify if deleting the downloaded update stops the nagging?

  • @bigcatrik said:
    So can anyone who gets the update messages verify if deleting the downloaded update stops the nagging?

    Yes it will. Until a new update has been downloaded. Which will happen eventually.

Sign In or Register to comment.