Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPolysix & iMS20 - problems in AUM

It seems that these two (fantastic) synths won't play well in AUM. They load up fine but, when switching to another app (be it IAA or AUx), they output a looped click. Reopening them will return to whatever pattern or melody they're playing, only with awful glitching in the audio. The only remedy is to close them, eject them from AUM & insert them in a newly-created channel.

Anyone else find this happening? I have yet to contact Korg, perhaps @j_liljedahl can offer some insight?

Comments

• I should add, there's no such issues with the other Korg apps I use (Gadget, iM1, iElectribe).

• edited August 2016

Haven't tried ims20 but iPolysix was playing up in Aum - the arp I had going stopped playing when I moved to another app, same thing with a sequence. Background audio was on, and this only happened using it via Aum. I wasn't sure if this was down to my own user error, or a bug. I've also had a stuck note in iPolysix when using a MIDI keyboard. I think Korg should provide an update for these apps, they're neglected compared to the likes of Gadget.

• I have had this happen in every host I have tried, I believe that you can reduce it by using a set buffer size, it was a while ago and I can't remember if it was 256 or 512 which worked best

• @AndyPlankton said:
    I have had this happen in every host I have tried, I believe that you can reduce it by using a set buffer size, it was a while ago and I can't remember if it was 256 or 512 which worked best

Could be it actually, I had a few apps going at once so maybe it was a CPU resources thing...

• Even at 1024 frames on my iPad Pro it happens. Or are you suggesting lowering the buffer rate because they simply don't perform at high settings? (This happens with some OSX plugins...they seem to be optimised for specific buffer settings).

• It’s an old thread but just happened to me. Anyone found a way to use iMS20 in AUM?

• @AlexB said:
    It’s an old thread but just happened to me. Anyone found a way to use iMS20 in AUM?

Hmmm...see what you mean, knackered. Worth contacting Korg or posting store feedback.