Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New AUx plug, virtual Indian instruments

Comments

• @swarsys said:

Feel free to send your feedback/questions, but keep in mind that we are a very small company with very limited means, so we may not be able to handle everything at once. But we'll certainly add it to our TODO list.
    Mariano

>

Welcome, Mariano. Everyone here is used to dealing with small companies, and you'll find us appreciative that you take time to interact and listen.

I'm with Mr Fruitbat, when he says he'd be inclined to buy more instruments at half the current price. As things stand, I got those I want to play with most, which is exactly your intention for pricing.

Adding AudioBus compatibility, would be a boon, in particular if you can add State Saving function. That way, using SwarPlug under AB can save whatever a user has come up with, ready to reload those exact settings next time. Very useful.

As BiancaNeve points out, you are already in a good position with your engine, and might like to consider developing another AU based on this with other instruments, both conventional Western and more exotic.

I'd also love to see your SwarGroove drum machine ported to IOS, if technically possible?

• @swarsys said:

IN APP AUDITIONING

We wanted to include instrument demo auditioning in the IAP screen for this first release, but it was too much work. Glad you could find out a workaround with the demos on our site at www.swarsystems.com/Instruments

We'll try to add this auditioning in the next update, but it's not an easy thing to do in a plugin, because you are always depending on the host. For instance, Cubasis stops processing plugin audio when idle. But we'll try our best.

How about initially enabling the in-app auditioning on the stand-alone version? I'd be willing to Audition/purchase there, then use in the AUV3

• @Nkersov said:

I'm with Mr Fruitbat, when he says he'd be inclined to buy more instruments at half the current price. As things stand, I got those I want to play with most, which is exactly your intention for pricing.

I'm quite confident we'll be reducing our prices in the short future. Making the basic plugin (with Tabla) free is also an interesting option. We'll just wait a month or two to get a better feel of the situation.

Adding AudioBus compatibility, would be a boon, in particular if you can add State Saving function. That way, using SwarPlug under AB can save whatever a user has come up with, ready to reload those exact settings next time. Very useful.

Could you please explain to me what benefits you would get by using Audiobus that you don't have when simply using SwarPlug within a DAW?

As BiancaNeve points out, you are already in a good position with your engine, and might like to consider developing another AU based on this with other instruments, both conventional Western and more exotic.

Well, we are specialized in Indian music. It's already difficult enough to compete with the big companies out there. I'm sure they will be releasing awesome virtual instruments shortly. We'll now be concentrating on enhancing the (Indian) ones we have.

I'd also love to see your SwarGroove drum machine ported to IOS, if technically possible?

We would love to. We just need to make sure that loading and playing multiple drums at once is not going to exceed the iPad's CPU quota. And obviously we would need to redo the whole user interface, as it's too small to handle by touch. But I'm sure you can expect that some time.

Cheers!

Mariano

• @sirdavidabraham said:

How about initially enabling the in-app auditioning on the stand-alone version? I'd be willing to Audition/purchase there, then use in the AUV3

You're right. Anyway, IAP is only available on the standalone version, so the issue I mentioned is irrelevant. But I just wanted to highlight that sometimes a simple thing can be complicated when you handle it within a plugin.

• edited August 2016

@swarsys said:
    Could you please explain to me what benefits you would get by using Audiobus that you don't have when simply using SwarPlug within a DAW?

If you add AB compatibility WITH State Saving under AB's system, then your app can be used with any other app, for example the many excellent FX apps, that also work with AB but are not yet AU enabled.

Obviously, the more apps that can be used alongside your instruments, the more interest there will be. AB and AUM are the glue that binds IOS based music together, and are as valued as any DAW.

• edited August 2016

@Nkersov said:

@swarsys said:

If you add AB compatibility WITH State Saving under AB's system, then your app can be used with any other app, for example the many excellent FX apps, that also work with AB but are not yet AU enabled.

Obviously, the more apps that can be used alongside your instruments, the more interest there will be. AB and AUM are the glue that binds IOS based music together, and are as valued as any DAW.

+1000 to this. AB is useful even when using a DAW

• Hi,

Just an update to inform you that we have released a 1.0.1 update with a few enhancements, though no Audiobus yet.

I have discussed on this matter with the Audiobus guide as it would be a more natural process for Audiobus to natively support AUv3 plugins. These are registered with the system, so no need to keep a separate registry, their audio flow is exposed for any app to use, and they even have state get/set functionality (for the DAW to be able to reload their state).

They said they are planning to include that, but probably not in 2016. Maybe if you all express your interest they may consider it a higher priority.

In the meantime we may do a workaround to support Audiobus through the standalone app. We'll keep you updated.

Cheers!

Mariano

• @swarsys said:
    Hi,

Just an update to inform you that we have released a 1.0.1 update with a few enhancements, though no Audiobus yet.

I have discussed on this matter with the Audiobus guide as it would be a more natural process for Audiobus to natively support AUv3 plugins. These are registered with the system, so no need to keep a separate registry, their audio flow is exposed for any app to use, and they even have state get/set functionality (for the DAW to be able to reload their state).

They said they are planning to include that, but probably not in 2016. Maybe if you all express your interest they may consider it a higher priority.

In the meantime we may do a workaround to support Audiobus through the standalone app. We'll keep you updated.

Cheers!

Mariano

Great, looking forward to Audiobus for recording into Blocs Wave!

• @AudioGus said:

@swarsys said:
    Hi,

Cheers!

Mariano

Just a question: are you not able to do that with AUM?

• @swarsys said:

@AudioGus said:

@swarsys said:
    Hi,

Cheers!

Mariano

Just a question: are you not able to do that with AUM?

Hmmm... I don't have AUM but are you saying I could host SwarPlug in AUM, and then send AUMs output to Blocs Wave using Audiobus?

• No need to use AB at all if you host swar in AUM.

• edited September 2016

@ExAsperis99 said:
    No need to use AB at all if you host swar in AUM.

So if I want to record in Blocs Wave I can just send AUM to Blocs Wave?

• @AudioGus said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Think you have to record your loop first to AudioShare and then import it.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@AudioGus said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Think you have to record your loop first to AudioShare and then import it.

Ahh gotcha, i am only looking for things i can record straight into Blocs.

• @swarsys said:
    Hi,

Cheers!

Mariano

Thanks for the robust commitment to AUv3...it really helps the production process

• @swarsys said:

Eventual AU with AudioBus would be nice, but even nicer if you guys take charge of your own destiny and add AB support. So many promising apps fall by the wayside because of a refusal to add AB support, and vitally with State Saving. Swar is such a great sounding app, it would be foolish not to grasp the opportunity.

• Hi people,

I'm glad to inform you before anyone else that the latest 1.0.2 version of SwarPlug that has just been approved on the App Store is Audiobus (WITH state saving) and IAA compatible. Please try it out and let me know if you find issues.

Best wishes,

Mariano

• @swarsys

A few issues found. Where do you want us to report them? :)

• Well, you can do it here. We are among friends;-)

• @swarsys said:
    Well, you can do it here. We are among friends;-)

Okey dokey. Air 2 iOS 10.0.1

Used as an IAA in AUM (clean restart). Some odd behaviour. Almost like it's going through some odd fx.

Works ok in AudioBus, but if you close the app with Audiobus open, it makes a sharp noise and all audio disappears.

• @swarsys said:
    Hi people,

I'm glad to inform you before anyone else that the latest 1.0.2 version of SwarPlug that has just been approved on the App Store is Audiobus (WITH state saving) and IAA compatible. Please try it out and let me know if you find issues.

Best wishes,

Mariano

fantastic! Can't wait to try! :)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@swarsys said:

Used as an IAA in AUM (clean restart). Some odd behaviour. Almost like it's going through some odd fx.

Works ok in AudioBus, but if you close the app with Audiobus open, it makes a sharp noise and all audio disappears.

Thanks for the feedback. We'll check and possibly upload a fix shortly.

We were excited to release this new development asap, but fact is that IAA and Audiobus open a lot of doors, so we couldn't test everything. This will all be ironed out in the next updates.

Cheers!

Mariano

• @swarsys said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@swarsys said:

Thanks for the feedback. We'll check and possibly upload a fix shortly.

We were excited to release this new development asap, but fact is that IAA and Audiobus open a lot of doors, so we couldn't test everything. This will all be ironed out in the next updates.

Cheers!

Mariano

Glad you've done it. Makes such a difference. Will buy some more packs on payday now.

• Thanks. I really like the sounds of the instruments on your website. i will pick it up today with the new features added.

• Thanks for this update!Works like a charme in Audiobus with Thumbjam as controller (pitchbend).
    No plops no crackles ,just fantastic!
    iPadPro still on the last iOS9 because I´m waiting for AuriaPro update.

• I just downloaded this based on the addition of Audiobus. A big thank-you to the active and responsive developer! Love when that happens.

• I picked up the basic app with tabla and am impressed. I don't consider it expensive considering the many loops that come with each instrument and the quality. Works well as an AU in MTS.
    One issue though — I would like to know what the tempo of the loops are to sync up with the DAW.

• edited September 2016

@pichi said:
    I picked up the basic app with tabla and am impressed. I don't consider it expensive considering the many loops that come with each instrument and the quality. Works well as an AU in MTS.
    One issue though — I would like to know what the tempo of the loops are to sync up with the DAW.

I would recommend exporting the midi to your DAW. This works well with Cubasis, meaning exporting and Open In .. didn't seem to place the midi on the timeline, but it's easy to find in the media bin.

• @Fitz said:

@pichi said:
    I picked up the basic app with tabla and am impressed. I don't consider it expensive considering the many loops that come with each instrument and the quality. Works well as an AU in MTS.

I would recommend exporting the midi to your DAW. This works well with Cubasis, meaning exporting and Open In .. didn't seem to place the midi on the timeline, but it's easy to find in the media bin.

Yes. This works fine in MTS. But it would be nice to know the original tempo even though I can adjust it later to get close.