Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM desperately needs . . .

A set list maker! I know, I know, there's already session saving. But that'd be a little cumbersome for live use when changing patches on the fly. If you could only use midi to change to the next patch! It'd be amazing!

I'm playing keyboards for a big Christmas show. Need lots of different sounds from Mannheim steamroller's prophet 5, to pads, strings, pianos, horns and effects. I'm considering using Korg module exclusively, but it doesn't have everything I need.

Any keyboard whizz kids have advice for mangling iOS sounds for live use?

Ps gadget could benefit from a set list maker too.

Comments

• problem is lack of preset recall with all apps. Also some apps take an age to load - well maybe not an age, but it seems that way when switching live.

Saying that, people survived in the old days before presets and stable Oscs lol

• Yep stick with Module and a couple of others mixed quickly in AUM

• You also might be interested into imidipatchbay. :)

• I couldn't agree more, although I'd put my money on the AudioBus team to coordinate iOS-wide adoption of a standard for easy live switching across apps since they've already blazed the trail with buy-in from devs.

• AUM also needs: armrests, visualizations, dancing 3d teddy bears, built-in audience (toggle for adoring/tolerant), etc.

• @rhcball said:
    AUM also needs: armrests, visualizations, dancing 3d teddy bears, built-in audience (toggle for adoring/tolerant), etc.

Armrests? Just silly. Dancing 3D teddy bears....hmmm I can see that one :p

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@rhcball said:
    AUM also needs: armrests, visualizations, dancing 3d teddy bears, built-in audience (toggle for adoring/tolerant), etc.

it's already been coded, Mr. Kymatica just needs to patch it in: Teddy Dance Track by Kurt Larson
    https://appsto.re/us/hVcu-.i

• Might have a pretty simple solution. Gadget now enables advanced midi with specific channels per instrument. I may be able to save different song presets on my midi controller.

• @rhcball said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@rhcball said:

it's already been coded, Mr. Kymatica just needs to patch it in: Teddy Dance Track by Kurt Larson
    https://appsto.re/us/hVcu-.i

That's sick :p