Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ChordPolyPad and Touch Sensitivity

Anyone know if the Pads in CPP can be made to respond to make the sound volume go up or down spending on how hard you hit the pads? Sort of like Infinite Looper where depending on where you touch the mini pads the sound is either louder or softer. Is this possible in CPP?

Comments

• No, I don't think so...

It would be nice to have that feature...

Also, it would be nice to change the default value of velocity when you make your chord (draw) on the screenkeyboard...

I use ChordPolyPad a lot... Awesome!

• You can map volume control (and/or several other parameter controls) to an XY axis, and then enter "megapad" mode to make each individual pad target as large as possible.

Also, adjusting volume to individual notes really helps the chords sound more organic. keep in high notes can be piercing, so that is a good place to start.

Finally, i seem to recall my qunexus controlling CPP would send velocity, but i'm not at my studio (actually, my studio is not with me!), so i can't check.

basically each pad is set to a a midi note.

• Anybody get weird errant single-ish notes sometimes when pressing a pad? I think it was Thumbjam that I was running it into and it happened just enough to screw up a bunch of attempted recordings. I think I've kept the settings at their default state (for both apps, I guess), maybe it's fixed, I should probably have a better, more solid understanding of my issue before i post a query publicly, etc.

• @johnfromberkeley Thanks!
    So by doing the x or y axis thing depending on where I touch on the pad that determines how loud the chord will play? If so, I like that as this is the way infinite looper does it for me.

Also is it possible to say create a chord that has the Bass note kind of deep say on C2 and the rest of the notes on the chord on C4 etc.. I wanted to see if there was a possibility to use midi flow to filter the c4 chords and flow out the bass chords to another app.

• Yes and yes!

I seem to remember you toying with purchasing this before. It's great just buy it.

I use the randomization feature to discover new chord progressions

• ChordPolyPad is flat out awesome. Besides the already mentioned X/Y cc controls and chord randomizer, it's also got velocity variation for the chord randomizer and a strum feature. Add all those up and it's highly expressive and versatile.

• Thanks
    Is there a way to latch or hold the selected chord?

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Thanks
    Is there a way to latch or hold the selected chord?

Yes but you have to have all of the pads set to latch. You can't set some of them to latch, it's all or nothing. This is my only quibble with CPP. I emailed Laurent a while ago and asked him if he could change this and I don't recall exactly what he said but it was no.

You can send each pad over different midi channels so no need to use Midiflow to send to different synths, you can do that from inside CPP. You can play multiple pads at once so some pads could play bass notes only and others could play chords or whatever.

This is one of my favorite iOS apps.