Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Elastic drums is on sale 9.99€ -> 4.99€

edited August 2016 in General App Discussion

Just wanted you guys to know. Not sure if i should buy it myself too, you guys can try to convince me why i should get it even tho i already have dm1 and 2- Anyone heard any rumours or facts whether or not its going to be updated to work as an audio units plugin?

Comments

• I used to be a drum machine junkie. Made lots of app culs recently, but Elastic Drums is still there.

• also one of my faves

• edited August 2016

Not my cup of tea so deleted it to make room. I can see where others would find it highly appealing. There is a lot going on with that app. I do believe it to be worth the full price for those looking for a very nice synth drum machine.

• edited August 2016

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    I used to be a drum machine junkie. Made lots of app culs recently, but Elastic Drums is still there.

What made you choose it over, lets say dm2 or attack drums? I hate that dm2 doesent have proper exporting system :/ Other than that, i kinda like it, but dunno if there is something in elastic drums that would make me choose it over dm2(other than exporting, which i assume it has since, well its just ridiculous not to have exporting option). If it could be used as audio unit, id buy it instantly, but it doesent, at least now. And ruismaker is bit too simple for my liking

• @ToMess said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    I used to be a drum machine junkie. Made lots of app culs recently, but Elastic Drums is still there.

What made you choose it over, lets say dm2? I hate that dm2 doesent have proper exporting system :/ Other than that, i kinda like it, but dunno if there is something in elastic drums that would make me choose it over dm2(other than exporting, which i assume it has since, well its just ridiculous not to have exporting option). If it could be used as audio unit, id buy it instantly, but it doesent, at least now. And ruismaker is bit too simple for my liking

Agree about DM2 (which got cut). I would say it's more about the 'feel' of Elastic Drums. It's by no means perfect and has had issues at times in its life, but the dev seems to be good at comms with us users. I just love automating it's settings and creating crazy loops for use in other apps. I don't use it as a main drum machine, just creative stuff.

• Don't use it much, have a few issues with it, difficult to fit it into my workflow.

Would I buy it again knowing all of the above? Yes, it's just one of those apps that you have to love, even when you hate it, as it makes a boss noise.

Just buy the thing

• edited August 2016

I almost love it. The more I use it the more I like it. Pretty sure there are things holding my love back but I'm not really sure what they are. Some UI related and some performance and some sound reasons I think.
    That said, I do like it and consider it one of the better drum apps.
    Sorry, did someone ask for my opinion? ;)

• Let this be the beginning of the summer app sale ;)

• Thanks, always appreciate the sharing of deals.

• Definitely worth it . My favourite.

• I resisted it for ages, because I assumed that it was purely for the skronky, skittery beat-as-lead-instrument vibe you get from the videos that are up. But that's really not the case. I mean, you're not getting a realistic sounding kit, or even an emulation of a class drum machine. But it is infinitely more tweakable than DM2. I love it. But like all drum apps, I look at the song mode...eh, I'll figure that out later....

• It is a very interesting app. Like most hit songs that have made their way through the top 40 pop charts in the past seven decades, with Elastic drums you too can have different length repeat durations for each drum instrument.