Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Just released, Tonebridge from Ultimate Guitar

Comments

• Someone at UG replied me with this after a bit of rant about the privacy issues, thought you guys might want to read it too and i think its fair to hear both sides:

"I agree that we have crossed the border with ultimate guitar app promotion on the mobile website. It got a little better now, and we are still working on making the site easier to use and access.
    Look, about the Privacy Policy document. It doesn't say we collect personal info from devices (well, with iOS its impossible). All it says is that we collect data so we can show it back to you - e.g., user dashboards, statistics, favorites, etc. You blame us for being transparent and honest.
    Also, there are pretty generic things that we had to put, because of online ad networks - THEY collect data (like google and Facebook) which then being resold to 3rd parties to show more targeted ads to you. We run these ad networks like all the sites - this one included.
    The fact is that we never sold or gave any personal information about our users to any 3rd party. We do not spam people inboxes. We do not send SMS spam.
    How on on earth installing a free app can harm anyone? There is no way to know who is that person which installed it.
    Maybe you can give us a chance already? We've worked hard to release this product, it's totally free. We invested 1000+ man-hours to create 1500 song presets and we do not charge for that. Ehh?"

• Exactly. You are the product.
    Thanks, but no thanks.

• @ToMess said:
    Someone at UG replied me with this after a bit of rant about the privacy issues, thought you guys might want to read it too and i think its fair to hear both sides:

"I agree that we have crossed the border with ultimate guitar app promotion on the mobile website. It got a little better now, and we are still working on making the site easier to use and access.
    Look, about the Privacy Policy document. It doesn't say we collect personal info from devices (well, with iOS its impossible). All it says is that we collect data so we can show it back to you - e.g., user dashboards, statistics, favorites, etc. You blame us for being transparent and honest.
    Also, there are pretty generic things that we had to put, because of online ad networks - THEY collect data (like google and Facebook) which then being resold to 3rd parties to show more targeted ads to you. We run these ad networks like all the sites - this one included.
    The fact is that we never sold or gave any personal information about our users to any 3rd party. We do not spam people inboxes. We do not send SMS spam.
    How on on earth installing a free app can harm anyone? There is no way to know who is that person which installed it.
    Maybe you can give us a chance already? We've worked hard to release this product, it's totally free. We invested 1000+ man-hours to create 1500 song presets and we do not charge for that. Ehh?"

Thanks for that, it is pretty much what I thought would be the case given absolutely no problems with them on my end in my time with their app.

• @ToMess said:
    Someone at UG replied me with this after a bit of rant about the privacy issues, thought you guys might want to read it too and i think its fair to hear both sides:

The way I see it, "both sides" have been more than heard:

1. UG - "Hey check out our app and give us your privacy."

2. AB Forumistas - "App's ok, but privacy terms are gross"

3. UG - [ declined to reply in original venue ] [ declined to reply with their name ]

4. AB Forumista - [ quotes unidentified "Someone" at UG with entitlement issues, forgot the difference between owning customer data and owning human beings, forgot that "trust" cannot be coerced, forgot that pointing blame fingers "What about THEM { other corporate privacy stealers }" is not a valid defense, and forgot that the "chance" they demand was already had many times over, e.g. when they were making choices about their privacy agreement/practices, and when their request to check out their app was granted by multiple people ]

@ToMess said:

@Someone-at-UG ranted secondhand:

Hello, UG "Someone"? Thank you for repeat confirming your human-disinterested business practices and contempt for your customers.

""Ehh?"

Yeah, um, no.

• edited August 2016

@decibelle said:

@ToMess said:

The way I see it, "both sides" have been more than heard:

1. UG - "Hey check out our app and give us your privacy."

2. AB Forumistas - "App's ok, but privacy terms are gross"

3. UG - [ declined to reply in original venue ] [ declined to reply with their name ]

4. AB Forumista - [ quotes unidentified "Someone" at UG with entitlement issues, forgot the difference between owning customer data and owning human beings, forgot that "trust" cannot be coerced, forgot that pointing blame fingers "What about THEM { other corporate privacy stealers }" is not a valid defense, and forgot that the "chance" they demand was already had many times over, e.g. when they were making choices about their privacy agreement/practices, and when their request to check out their app was granted by multiple people ]

@ToMess said:

@Someone-at-UG ranted secondhand:

Hello, UG "Someone"? Thank you for repeat confirming your human-disinterested business practices and contempt for your customers.

""Ehh?"

Yeah, um, no.

What do you mean declined to reply on original venue or without their name? It was me to who he replied to my rant about this privacy thing elsewhere and most likely doesent even know about the discussion here. I didnt see any point of posting his account name he uses elsewhere here. Did you send some invitation to them to join here or what did they decline? I think you are being bit unreasonable

• edited August 2016

Anyway back to reality for just a bit, here is a nice video demo showing just how well this app sounds for such a small foot print.
    Hopefully this can be reformatted somehow to include Audiobus or IAA so it becomes more than just a practice tool.
    Watch the video and get an idea just what it does and how very well it manages to do it!

• @Tritonman said:
    Anyway back to reality for just a bit, here is a nice video demo showing just how well this app sounds for such a small foot print.
    Hopefully this can be reformatted somehow to include Audiobus or IAA so it becomes more than just a practice tool.
    Watch the video and get an idea just what it does and how very well it manages to do it!

I wasnt impressed much based on the video. Also i noticed that some notes sounded really bad(in some weird artificial way) and that he only demoed a small set of notes from each sound. Makes me wonder if it sound really bad unless you play nearly the exact notes of a song it tries to simulate. But i guess its a fun practise tool anyways

• They need a catchy motto ,like, " Tonebridge, so easy Most cave men and cave woman can get nice tones from it!"

• @ToMess said:
    Someone at UG replied me with this after a bit of rant about the privacy issues, thought you guys might want to read it too and i think its fair to hear both sides

ToMess, thank you for posting this. It was me, who replied to you.

Everyone,
    My name is Eugeny Naidenov and I'm the founder of Ultimate Guitar. Let me try to address concerns that were shared here about privacy policy. I'm not going to try to change your mind, I'll let you judge. Let me may be just quote some of the privacy policy paragraphs so everyone can finally see them in full and in context, and not adopted and translated by other person:

When you purchase products or services from Ultimate Guitar we will use your Personal Information to fulfill your order and for customer service. Your Personal Information may be stored on the Ultimate Guitar cloud in order to provide interoperability of the Services among your devices.

Ultimate Guitar keeps track of the websites and pages you visit within the Service, what features and content you use and how frequently. This information may be used by Ultimate Guitar** to maintain and improve the content, design, usability, and quality of the Service; to improve your user experience; to generate and provide statistics regarding use of the Service; to deliver customized content and advertising within the Service to users whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area, and to develop new products and services. **

We may use your Personal Information and other non-personally identifying information we collect to update you about our products or services or to contact you about exciting offers of new products or services that we believe may be of interest to you. You always have the option to receive fewer or no communications in the future from us by opting out.

Without any specific approval from you, we may develop general aggregate data (i.e., data that cannot be used to identify specific individuals) about our user community that is partly based on information about you and your transactions with Ultimate Guitar.

etc.

You can read it in full here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/about/privacy.htm

• Back on topic: we are preparing an update right now - with iPhone support and Audiobus 3.0.
    So far the reviews were really good. Thanks to everyone who tried the product!

• @zappp said:
    Back on topic: we are preparing an update right now - with iPhone support and Audiobus 3.0.

Welcome , and thanks for the App. It is really good to have you here to clear that up.
    Most of us on the forum appreciate the work you developers put into our apps and it is great to have you here on the forum to help clarify things better for us.
    Will this remain just a practice tool or might it possibly get onto the Audiobus so we might use it for recording?

• @zappp said:
    Back on topic: we are preparing an update right now - with iPhone support and Audiobus 3.0.

Thank you for explaining.
    I also appreciate the hard work that you and other developers put into your creations.
    I am really looking forward to the updates!

• Thanks zappp. The app's great

• Hey guys, here is a quick update:

We're planning to release TB 1.1 with audiobus and iphone support by Sept 1st. Let me know how was your experience so far?

• edited August 2016

Hi Eugeny,

I'm really glad to read your plan to incorporate Audiobus support on the next release; it should come as no surprise from someone on this forum that it's my #1 request.

The first thing I can say is that I'm very impressed with the tones on this app—and this comes from someone with extensive experience with all the big players in iOS and macOS (nee OS X) guitar modeling software. My pie-in-the-sky request would be to have individual effect components separated out and individually tweakable. Take, for example, the "Plush" stomp box: What if you could separately control the drive level, reverb and EQ? At a minimum, for most if not all of these stomp boxes, I'd like to be able to adjust—or at least turn on/off—the reverb. Perhaps that's an inextricable element of the modeling process, iDunno.

From a catalog organization standpoint, I'd like to be able to mark certain stomps as favorites. Also, because of the huge list of artists and tunes (yay!), it'd be nice to have an alphabetic bookmark list along, say, the right side of the scrolling area (similar to what Apple does with their Contacts native app, for example). I'd also like to be able to navigate by both artist and song name; right now, you can only navigate by artist.

I really like that you have an information popup window showing the song part(s) and suggested pickup position. I've noticed that I still get a good tone from a single coil-equipped guitar using a humbucker-based song (and vise versa) with many of these stomps. That makes this app pretty useful to those poor souls out there who have only one axe in their arsenal.

If I'm to get really nit-picky — You want really nit-picky responses, right? :) — I noticed the songs, for the most part, aren't in title case, which means words like "Of" and "The" are capitalized, which drives me (and maybe only me) bonkers. Maybe what's a little worse is that Black Sabbath's song "N.I.B." shows up as "Nib," which is enough to turn any Sab-head's cross right-side up.

Despite my criticisms, I really do applaud this app. How you're getting away with giving it away for free is beyond me, but I'm not griping. :)

Thank you!

• K
  • @zappp said:
    Hey guys, here is a quick update:

We're planning to release TB 1.1 with audiobus and iphone support by Sept 1st. Let me know how was your experience so far?

That is great news about both Audiobus and iPhone compatibility.
    I like the current quality, but I will definitely use the app more. Thanks for being on the ball.

• I just downloaded it....very nice. Just wondering if you have plans to release some Jazz/Acoustic Bossa setups (George Benson, Pat Martino, Pat Metheny, Scott Henderson, etc) thanks so much, very nice app.

• @kgmessier said:
    Hi Eugeny,

I'm really glad to read your plan to incorporate Audiobus support on the next release; it should come as no surprise from someone on this forum that it's my #1 request.

The first thing I can say is that I'm very impressed with the tones on this app—and this comes from someone with extensive experience with all the big players in iOS and macOS (nee OS X) guitar modeling software. My pie-in-the-sky request would be to have individual effect components separated out and individually tweakable. Take, for example, the "Plush" stomp box: What if you could separately control the drive level, reverb and EQ? At a minimum, for most if not all of these stomp boxes, I'd like to be able to adjust—or at least turn on/off—the reverb. Perhaps that's an inextricable element of the modeling process, iDunno.

From a catalog organization standpoint, I'd like to be able to mark certain stomps as favorites. Also, because of the huge list of artists and tunes (yay!), it'd be nice to have an alphabetic bookmark list along, say, the right side of the scrolling area (similar to what Apple does with their Contacts native app, for example). I'd also like to be able to navigate by both artist and song name; right now, you can only navigate by artist.

I really like that you have an information popup window showing the song part(s) and suggested pickup position. I've noticed that I still get a good tone from a single coil-equipped guitar using a humbucker-based song (and vise versa) with many of these stomps. That makes this app pretty useful to those poor souls out there who have only one axe in their arsenal.

If I'm to get really nit-picky — You want really nit-picky responses, right? :) — I noticed the songs, for the most part, aren't in title case, which means words like "Of" and "The" are capitalized, which drives me (and maybe only me) bonkers. Maybe what's a little worse is that Black Sabbath's song "N.I.B." shows up as "Nib," which is enough to turn any Sab-head's cross right-side up.

Despite my criticisms, I really do applaud this app. How you're getting away with giving it away for free is beyond me, but I'm not griping. :)

Thank you!

• K

Thanks for such a detailed feedback! We indeed working hard on Audiobus support - that's not as much easy to implemented as we hoped (we run into several obstacles today... but we are doing our best to release it on time).

We don't have any plans about opening up more settings than what we currently have. The core idea was a magic that we can make to all those guitarists who don't want/know how to create artist/song presets. So if we open it up, it sort of makes it lose that magic feeling ;-)

I think favorites coming in this version too (Sept 1st).

There are more than 2.2K tones already at this very moment. Oh, and we've just released new collection of Acoustic tones. Besides this, we are working on getting a couple dozen tones created by famous guitarists themselves - sort of 'verified' tones. Hope you'll like them

• @drjazz930 said:
    I just downloaded it....very nice. Just wondering if you have plans to release some Jazz/Acoustic Bossa setups (George Benson, Pat Martino, Pat Metheny, Scott Henderson, etc) thanks so much, very nice app.

Absolutely, we will see what we can do about these presets.

• edited August 2016

Hey, everyone!
    My name is Eugene Lysy, I'm a product manager and designer of Tonebridge. If you have any questions or suggestions concerning any aspect of the app, feel free to ask.

@drjazz930 said:
    I just downloaded it....very nice. Just wondering if you have plans to release some Jazz/Acoustic Bossa setups (George Benson, Pat Martino, Pat Metheny, Scott Henderson, etc) thanks so much, very nice app.

That's a nice choice of tones! George Benson is already there. We'll do a couple presets for every artist you mentioned tomorrow. Thanks for your feedback!

Btw, we have a special preset request thread on our UG forum: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1707224&page=2#62

• Just wanted to say as an iPad 4 user I'm disappointed that I can no longer install the app, not even an older compatible version. Fortunately I bought it when it was on sale and didn't pay full price. But I'd imagine there are lots of people in my boat who did pay full price.

• @Coloobar said:
    Just wanted to say as an iPad 4 user I'm disappointed that I can no longer install the app, not even an older compatible version. Fortunately I bought it when it was on sale and didn't pay full price. But I'd imagine there are lots of people in my boat who did pay full price.

Are we talking about the same app here?

• @Coloobar said:
    Just wanted to say as an iPad 4 user I'm disappointed that I can no longer install the app, not even an older compatible version. Fortunately I bought it when it was on sale and didn't pay full price. But I'd imagine there are lots of people in my boat who did pay full price.

mmm? What app are you talking about?

• Doing some final testing of the iPhone version of Tonebridge. In App Store in the beginning of September! Audiobus support, favorites and a lot of minor tweaks. Stay tuned!

• ^ Tonebridge in true 5.1 surround.

• @Coloobar said:

Check what thread you meant to post on please, The app is freemium.

• We don't have any plans about opening up more settings than what we currently have. The core idea was a magic that we can make to all those guitarists who don't want/know how to create artist/song presets. So if we open it up, it sort of makes it lose that magic feeling ;-)

:)

• @Tritonman said:

@Coloobar said:

Check what thread you meant to post on please, The app is freemium.

Reid, it's not freemium, it's 100% free. Just FYI :smile:

• The latest update has it available from inside of Guitar tabs HD and this will be AB compatible very soon according to the developers.

• @Tritonman said:
    The latest update has it available from inside of Guitar tabs HD and this will be AB compatible very soon according to the developers.

It's already a great app, but having it AB-ready will make it golden.