Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anybody use a stylus with your DAW?

Does anybody use a stylus in addition to or as a replacement for your finger when working on your music projects? I bought a stylus last year because it seemed like a cool thing to have but it sat around collecting dust until this weekend when I started using it on a Cubasis project. It seemed to give somewhat better detail and control than my index finger, especially when setting slider values to precise values which drives me nuts with my finger. I know that there are fine point styli available that offer more precision and accuracy. Does anybody have any experience with them in a DAW?

Comments

• Yes, work with it sometimes. it´s a cheap one but nice one. As long as it does the job and makes my work more fluent I will not change it. However, there might be faster, higher, quicker ones :-)

• I use a Jot stylus with Thesys because the buttons are so friggin' small, and it works great. I've also used it with SoundyThingie for fine tuning pitch and in other similar situations. So only in certain apps, and when it is really called for.

• Second for Jot. Needs a clean screen or it sticks on the grease though, but best for precision work.

• I have and like the Bamboo Solo by Wacom also got the firm nibs as well as the softer stock ones. A bit pricey but very nice and weighted like a decent pen.

• edited July 2013

Talking about sticky screens...
    What do you guys do when the oleophobic thing seems to be gone?
    It depends on the weather here, hehe, true. Humid days and my screen drives me nuts sometimes. And I keep cleaning it all the time (dedicated soft cloth, no water or whatsoever).

• Sometimes - I've got a Kuel H10 that I originally bought for Draw Something, and now use for drawing/taking notes on my iPad. It folds down to about the size of a cigarette, has a smaller head than others at the time, and didn't cost much.