Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

To all you ipad virtuoso's!

I just thought I would see if anyone out there would be interested in helping a not so talented ipad hack out.
I'm pretty much just a acoustic guitar/singer kind of guy, I do a lot of covers but some originals too. I always have high hopes to put some cello or piano or orchestration onto my songs but never seem to get there. So I was thinking maybe someone would like to take one and run with it, add whatever you like, chop it up mangle it do whatever! Might be cool? If not no worries just thought I'd throw it out there.. Thanks.

Comments

• I'm working on iPhone but i'm always interested in using vocals... once i did a whole track with just one vocal sample as sound source ;) I would give it a try...

• http://www.reverbnation.com/bernietonning here is my reverbnation page @galaxyexplorer there's a bunch on there let me know if any of them would be worth messin with.. It seems DL to reverbnation messes the sound up a bit so I can send anything in a better format. Thanks! Again no worries if you check them out and they suck and u want nothing to do with them, it's all good!

• I will have a look... ;)

• edited July 2013

...A short listen... man this tracks are great! Of course a original from yours i would prefer. Let me ask so... which would you like to see loaded with some strings, synths, piano and vox mangled crazyness. I just would need the key and/or scale (not a must but this would make it easier). And perhaps you have some wishes. I like to do such things. There are amazing things you can do with vocals on ios apps :D
    ....of course a wav (16bit44.1khz) will work best for ios if that's possible (but also not a must).
    Update: I really like "I am"..... is it played in G?

• Very nice @Bootsy. I would offer to help out, but I think there are several others that could do it justice beyond what I could offer....@Galaxyexplorer being one of them! In any case, you have a very nice sound and voice.

• Thanks @galaxyexplorer and @funjunkie27! I was thinking the "I am" song as well! It's been a while so I don't remember what key it was in. :( ill have to revisit when I'm home and figure it out.
    I would say do whatever you think would make it cool! My stuff is all pretty down and boring for the most part (I like sad music it makes me happy) I think it needs to be kicked up a notch, if that makes sense, or leave it dark and depressing. ;)

• edited July 2013

@funnunkie27: Ha ha thx...not sure about that :)
    @Bootsy: I imported "I am" to BeatMaker2. I think the mp3 is O.K. Sounds good so far. I will play some strings and a deep piano sound over it first... will show you the result soon ;) Normally i would say it's a shame to put a hand on such a beautiful acoustic track but i will try to make a nice ambient from it.
    I like it melancholic (like many of my darker tracks). I think i can start. No need for looking inside for me ;) Cheers

• Awesome! Thx! That one may even have been done to a click track. Usually I'm freeformin which cam make it hard to play along with. Can't wait!

• Some great songs on there! I love the Nick Drake cover. As Galaxyexplorer says, it would be a shame to over-do the electronic music over the acoustic but it will be interesting to hear what effect some subtle additions have. :)

Wouldn't mind having a go myself at one of the songs, if you don't mind if it takes a while. Things are getting a bit hectic here ;)

• Sure thing @AlterEgo_UK. That would be great. Most of my originals are down towards the bottom of the list. If u want to mess with a cover I can change the downloadable status or send it in Dropbox or something. Thanks for checking them out. I love everything Nick Drake and now Alexi Murdoch!

• Great voice Bernie.

• Hey thanks a lot PaulB! Wish I could do something with the hundreds of cool apps I have. But I seem to always go back to the acoustic git or ukulele and singing.

• Hey, if it works...

• @Bootsy: I would like to have a go with 'Lost'. It has a similar feel to an old instrumental I wrote years ago! If you have a better quality version then a Dropbox link in a pm would be great :)

• Oooh that's an old one! Ill check my desktop see if I still have the original tracks but I know it wasn't the best recording to begin with. Let me see what I can find over the weekend. Thanks.

• edited July 2013

@Bootsy: Here is a first try:
    ...removed

• Pretty cool! I guess the only thing I would say is maybe the volume is up a bit drowning out the vocals. But I like the vibe of it. :) Thanks @galaxyexplorer!

• Will figure this out... it's just a short sketch yet. Not well mixed.

• Yup, if I can find the separate tracks that would help too I'm sure with the mixing.

• I just wanted to know if something like that would be o.k. for you. So this is far away from beeing ready. The final would take some days or so.

• Yeah I definitely think its cool! Take all the time you need! :)

• O.k. ;) Good to know. So i remove the sketch. Will try to finish something until the next weekend. Cheers!

• Cheers back at ya! What part of the world do you live?

• edited July 2013

@Bootsy Wow you sound Great! I wouldn't mind trying out a couple to see what happens. Unfortunately I work nights so it would take a while. Ps. Nice guitar collection! Was that a Prs and Sg in the pic? The headsets were chopped. One more question how do you like the SX's?

• @galaxyexplorer Nice! Great beer there! I'm a brewer here in the US, we all strive to make great, true to tradition German style beers and of course our American, English, and maybe some Belgian styles! Great beers abound! :). Cheers!

• @Daath7 hey thanks a a lot! My sg is a 67 my brother gave me in 1976. Unfortunately the headstock has been broke off and repaired. The prs is a se model so not quite the real thing but a really nice guitar. The sx's are great! They're super inexpensive and the necks and bodies are nice, they sound good, stay in tune pretty well, it's mainly the electronics in them that are cheap!

• edited July 2013

A brewer... very nice ;) You know i live in the land of beer :) Of course that means not i'm drinking all day but i appreciate a tasty beer :D
    ...indeed... i think i will upload a second (sketch?) today. As you said do whatever you want i will take it a bit more "space". Not sure if you will like it... perhaps take a couple of beer before ;)

• I do know that:) I have some German but mostly Norweigan heritage! My last name Tonning, is a town in Germany! I think?

• So here is a second edit:

Flame me for it ;)