Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Waverails

edited August 2016 in General App Discussion

Waverails - a 'modular path based loop processor'

https://appsto.re/gb/TICfdb.i

Comments

• Seems very "clicky" to me. Maybe I'm doing it wrong though.

• Needs clock sync to be of any use to me

• Anything that only uses iTunes file sharing is not for me. Too bad because it looks interesting. Maybe an update will bring it up to speed. No purchase until then.

• Takes me back to childhood and The Hornby set.

• No iTunes file sharing for me either.

• @anickt said:
    Anything that only uses iTunes file sharing is not for me. Too bad because it looks interesting. Maybe an update will bring it up to speed. No purchase until then.

I second that

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Seems very "clicky" to me. Maybe I'm doing it wrong though.

managed to run Attack through it via Audiobus after some button pushing trial & error exercises. Nothing that sonically novel coming out so far but then maybe I'm also doing it wrong.

• The pain of getting a new app and checking Open In from Audioshare and not seeing it listed....

• @rhcball said:
    The pain of getting a new app and checking Open In from Audioshare and not seeing it listed....

and then you repeat it a couple of times incase you missed it ...

• @kobamoto said:

@rhcball said:
    The pain of getting a new app and checking Open In from Audioshare and not seeing it listed....

& then u hope the dev google searches his app and sees this thread and bends to our collective will.

• @rhcball said:

@kobamoto said:

@rhcball said:

& then u hope the dev google searches his app and sees this thread and bends to our collective will.

while wondering why these devs who are obviously very talented cats, leave these fundamental things out of the app in the first place.

• @kobamoto said:

@rhcball said:

@kobamoto said:

@rhcball said:

while wondering why these devs who are obviously very talented cats, leave these fundamental things out of the app in the first place.

Why don't developers not provide AudioShare support?
    1. They may not be aware of the significance of AudioShare to some of the people who may use their app.
    2. They may be porting the app from another programming environment and know just enough to make the app run on iOS.

A solution would be to record the output from waverails into AudioShare by having it as the output in Audiobus or by having waverails hosted inside AudioShare or AUM using IAA as an effect.

• @kobamoto said:

@rhcball said:

and then you repeat it a couple of times in case you missed it ...

And then you click on the ellipses thinking "Maybe it's in there."

• And. It. Never. Is.

• @InfoCheck said:

@kobamoto said:

@rhcball said:

@kobamoto said:

@rhcball said:

Why don't developers not provide AudioShare support?
    1. They may not be aware of the significance of AudioShare to some of the people who may use their app.
    2. They may be porting the app from another programming environment and know just enough to make the app run on iOS.

A solution would be to record the output from waverails into AudioShare by having it as the output in Audiobus or by having waverails hosted inside AudioShare or AUM using IAA as an effect.

Not even talking Audioshare specific support, just general iOS inter-app file-exchanging Whatever-mechanics, .

• @BiancaNeve said:
    Seems very "clicky" to me. Maybe I'm doing it wrong though.

I'm getting a lot of clicks too, recorded BentFM thru it for a few minutes and none of it is useable because of The Clicks.

• No clicks here. It is my own patch though. Some of the demo's are a bit odd until you tweak them.
    http://thinds.bandcamp.com/track/galen-goes-bananas

• really need some tutorials

• @thinds said:
    No clicks here. It is my own patch though. Some of the demo's are a bit odd until you tweak them.

Yeah I was just using demo patches, will grow my own & note the difference.

• Want to like this enough to fork out for the full version, it's potential seems great in spite of its sandboxed cumbersomeness & antiquated 80's looks. Alas, after further experimentation I'm getting the impression that it doesn't play nice with others, audio keeps stopping when putting other fx in the AB chain etc. This fine piece of madness however ...

@thinds said:
    No clicks here. It is my own patch though. Some of the demo's are a bit odd until you tweak them.

.... has spurred me on to keep trying.

• @Paul16 said:
    Want to like this enough to fork out for the full version, it's potential seems great in spite of its sandboxed cumbersomeness & antiquated 80's looks. Alas, after further experimentation I'm getting the impression that it doesn't play nice with others, audio keeps stopping when putting other fx in the AB chain etc. This fine piece of madness however ...

@thinds said:

.... has spurred me on to keep trying.

Thanks, just something ridiculous that appealed to me at the time. It's simply a couple of Praxis Beats sequences run through. One of them is re-pitched and stretched though.

Interesting to see the amount of downloads it has attracted. Obviously I need to make more silly stuff :-)

• @thinds said:

Man this is great, it's only waverails?

How do you import samples if you don't use iTunes? Possible?

• @thinds I'm currently real happy like listening to this madness. Think I might have to give this one a shot.

• @soundklinik said:

@thinds said:

Man this is great, it's only waverails?

The page for this on BandCamp says Waverails and Praxis Beats.

• Thanks guys, it is purely two separate sequences in Praxis run through Waverails. One was repitched and slowed by 50%, then both mixed together. Nothing else used except Auria and AB.

• edited August 2016

Good news, I contacted the developer of waverails (Benjamin Olson) about implementing Audioshare for sample import/export and this is what he said:

I had some extra time and was able to get AudioShare working today. Unless something unexpected happens it should be in the next update (hopefully within a couple of weeks).

Fingers crossed.

• Today's update brings AUDIOSHARE for sample import.

Great, thank you Benjamin Olson. Just bought the full version :)

• Had turned my immediate face away initially (because of Itunes only etc). How are folks enjoying/feeling about this app now?

• I'm interested as well