Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

supanorton's iOS album went live today.

I've finally finished it! The title is THINKING MAKES IT SO (any HAMLET fans?) I know only a handful of people will ever hear it, but I don't care. It's not perfect, but it's where I'm at now, and I'm pretty happy with it and man it felt good to get everything associated with these 13 songs off my iPad! Every song on it was recorded, mixed, and mastered on my iPad Air 2, a retired iPad 2, even a few tracks from an iPhone 4s, and a 3rd generation iPod touch. The remixing and remastering was all done on the Air 2.

Apps and Auria Plugins used (that I remember):
AudioBus (no IAA or the other routing)
DAWs: Auria, MultiTrack DAW
GUITARS AND BASS: AmpKit, AmpliTube, Bias Amps, Bias FX, Flying Haggis, GarageBand, THM Overloud, ToneStack, PSP MicroWarmer, PSP Old Timer, PSP Echo, FF Timeless, FF Pro-Q, Convolution reverbs (Golden Glue)
KEYBOARDS, HORNS, SYNTH: iGrand, SampleTank, GarageBand, Animoog
DRUMS AND PERCUSSION: Drum Loops HD 1 and 2, loop collections from The Loop Loft and DrumsOnDemand loaded into Auria, SessionBand, AmpliTube, DrumJam, InstantDrummer, Drumagog, BeatMaker 1
VOCALS: FXpansion D.Cam ChanComp, Convolution reverbs (Golden Glue), PSP Echo, PSP MicroWarmer, FF Timeless, FF Pro-Q, MTDAW's compressor and reverb, AmpliTube's red compressor
MASTERING: IK's Lurssen

I've gotten a lot of support from many of the people on this forum, and I've taken much of your advice on these final mixes, which are hopefully better balanced and polished than the SoundCloud versions I've posted here over the past couple of years. Thank you all so much for your time and thoughts. I've learned so much by checking in here almost every day since this place opened.

The album is available on all these platforms if you search "Artie Norton":

CD Baby, iTunes, Google Play, Apple Music, and a bunch of others through the CD Baby membership.

I've also got it up on BandCamp where my fellow AudioBussers can stream it for free.

https://artienorton.bandcamp.com/releases

If you've got about 50 minutes and like a classic rock sort of vibe, I'd love for you all to listen. Thanks again to the AudioBus community.

If I were given the opportunity to release a single, it would have been "Summertime".

Best,
Artie

Comments

• Congratulations! I look forward to giving it a listen. You are an inspiration sir.

• Awesome news Artie! I know you've been working hard and long on this album/project. I am excited to hear it!

• Also, do your students know you have finished this? I bet they would love to check it out as well.

• Damn Artie, it is really good. I remember this song: Bought and Sold on Our Faith

I've got it on my ipod, my favorite for sure. The version I have sounds good, this is deff. on a whole nutha level. Very very well done! So.........For Mastering, you just took your songs after Mixing them, and threw them into IK's Lurssen? BAM! Just like that they were finished?

Quite a Testament to all the ios apps you used, and Lurssen's Master-a-bility.

• I'll check it out. You have put out some great music before. :)

• Catchy stuff. Congrats!

• @JohnnyGoodyear
    Thank you, sir. Hope you find some things you like on it.

• edited August 2016

Great work, @supanorton ! Love it! All the work you have put into this has really paid off. Dig that Fender Strat sound! :)

Only heard 3 tracks so far in full (Summertime, Five-O-Fire and Catch You When You Fall) and skimmed the others but I enjoyed listening to those immensely and will listen to the other tracks later. Nice production too!

Can hear the Beatles/Lennon influence for sure on some tracks but also classic American Rock and Blues :)

A fine addition to my collection!

• Loving what I've heard so far Artie. That was a rather ambitious project, and I hope it pays off, but even if not, it's certainly something to be proud of.

• @High5denied said:
    Damn Artie, it is really good. I remember this song: Bought and Sold on Our Faith

I've got it on my ipod, my favorite for sure. The version I have sounds good, this is deff. on a whole nutha level. Very very well done! So.........For Mastering, you just took your songs after Mixing them, and threw them into IK's Lurssen? BAM! Just like that they were finished?

Quite a Testament to all the ios apps you used, and Lurssen's Master-a-bility.

Thank you so much.

Not quite BAM and it's done. When I thought a mix was good, I dumped it into Lurssen and found the preset I liked the best, which most often was Pop Rock (warmer). There aren't a lot of controls in Lurssen, so if I couldn't get a song to sound good (to my ears anyway) with what it does offer, I listened carefully to see if I could locate the offending track in the mix. Next, I would open Auria and adjust things in the offending tracks or bus. Back to Lurssen, then I listened on different speakers, headphones, and the car until I had it (whatever "it" is). I really like Lurssen. To my ears it adds a certain space to the mix, it's pleasing, the reverb tails fade off beautifully, very happy with it. Most importantly, it makes me go back to my mix, rather than fiddling with a compressor/limiter/de-esser chain in the master bus.

If I could go back to one track, it would be "Fly Like Angels". My voice can have a buzziness to it sometimes that doesn't sit quite well with overdriven guitars/organ sounds. I think there's some buzzy build up in parts of that track that might be unpleasing to some. I thought it sounded cool at first, but today it's all I hear. Oh well, can't change it now. I like having the ability to say that, to move on to the next one.

Thanks again, Jason. You've been so supportive throughout.

• @mkell424 @supadom

Thanks so much. I appreciate it.

• Great album @supanorton -- the tunes seem so familiar, you really captured a great rockin' vibe on these songs. And despite your above comment, I liked the vocal on Fly Like Angels (the whole song actually).

• Terrific stuff sir. Drive me crazy is a darn fine rock n roll tune. Reminded me of the stones. Forced me to grab a broomstick & air guitar. Excellent. Congrats & rounds of applause from these shores. :)

• Great stuff and really good songs, I'll make a post on the website for it, should up in a couple of days, I'll stick all the relevant links up and use the first part of your post so people know who you are and that it's an iOS album, let me know if you don't want me to promote it, cheers, and top job

• edited August 2016

Pressing play on song 1, was thinking sounds a little like john lennon.....as I read, "Artie has long been compared to John Lennon for his vocal sound..."
    I'm smart!
    You're good!

• edited August 2016

Cool! Off the top of my head some Beatles comparison come to mind. Coming Home sounds like Geroge Harrison on the White Album/Let it Be albums and Just a Little Bit More sounds like McCartney. As you can tell I'm a big fan of The Beatles.

Also it's cool you are playing the village. I used to live out there and Washington Square would always be my first subway stop.

• Some really tasty stuff--CONGRATS! I had the album on as I wound down my work day and it added the perfect "sliding down the dinosaur" vibe.

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    Great work, @supanorton ! Love it! All the work you have put into this has really paid off. Dig that Fender Strat sound! :)

Only heard 3 tracks so far in full (Summertime, Five-O-Fire and Catch You When You Fall) and skimmed the others but I enjoyed listening to those immensely and will listen to the other tracks later. Nice production too!

Can hear the Beatles/Lennon influence for sure on some tracks but also classic American Rock and Blues :)

A fine addition to my collection!

Thank you, Colin. I don't know how you manage to get so much music done. I've had my Strat for over 30 years now. How's yours treating you?

Thanks for your support!

• @funjunkie27 said:
    Loving what I've heard so far Artie. That was a rather ambitious project, and I hope it pays off, but even if not, it's certainly something to be proud of.

Thank you, sir. Glad you like what you've heard and that you spent some time hearing it!

Thanks again.

• @TozBourne
    Wow, thanks so much. Very happy you listened.

• @Bluepunk
    That's serious praise; I'm humbled. Thank you for listening and taking the time to let me know you did.

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    Great stuff and really good songs, I'll make a post on the website for it, should up in a couple of days, I'll stick all the relevant links up and use the first part of your post so people know who you are and that it's an iOS album, let me know if you don't want me to promote it, cheers, and top job

Have you been knighted yet?

Thank you so much for even considering it. I'll take any promotion I can get. So kind of you, thank you for listening and for your kind words.

• @Redo1 said:
    Pressing play on song 1, was thinking sounds a little like john lennon.....as I read, "Artie has long been compared to John Lennon for his vocal sound..."
    I'm smart!
    You're good!

I'm happy you think so and that you listened. Thanks so much.

• I haven't listened the album. I will. I'm sure it will be cool and entertaining.your previous tracks were very cool so...congrats!!
    Take care !

• @mkell424 said:
    Cool! Off the top of my head some Beatles comparison come to mind. Coming Home sounds like Geroge Harrison on the White Album/Let it Be albums and Just a Little Bit More sounds like McCartney. As you can tell I'm a big fan of The Beatles.

Also it's cool you are playing the village. I used to live out there and Washington Square would always be my first subway stop.

USED to play there mid 80s through most of the 90s on and off; CBGBs, Kenny's Castaways, McGoverns, Lion's Den, Bitter End (I think??). Spent a lot of time at Washington Square Park doing things that must have harmed me. No regrets, though.

Love the Beatles too. Thank you so much for listening.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Some really tasty stuff--CONGRATS! I had the album on as I wound down my work day and it added the perfect "sliding down the dinosaur" vibe.

Cool! Yabba dabba doo! Glad you listened and that it made your day a little better. You just did the same for me. Thanks.

• @supanorton said:

@thesoundtestroom said:
    Great stuff and really good songs, I'll make a post on the website for it, should up in a couple of days, I'll stick all the relevant links up and use the first part of your post so people know who you are and that it's an iOS album, let me know if you don't want me to promote it, cheers, and top job

Have you been knighted yet?

Thank you so much for even considering it. I'll take any promotion I can get. So kind of you, thank you for listening and for your kind words.

Not knighted yet, but your very welcome, I'll let you know when the post is live, and good luck with album

• @supanorton Hey Artie, just a heads up, I have made a post on the site, hope you like it
    http://thesoundtestroom.com/excellent-new-album-artie-norton-thinking-makes/

• Just gave "Never Come This Far Alone" a spin. Great song, very pro sounding production. Your shimmery Strat is making this Gibson man take a second look at his often-overlooked Strat on the wall. Look forward to listening to more.

Congrats on your release! :+1: :+1:

• Love your new album. You must be very proud. I'll make a purchase later.