Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gadget Bilbao Demo

Here's a demo I made using a lot of Bilbao in gadget. Making a quick groove to jam with is easy! Well worth dropping some cash for the IAP!

Comments

• Nice sounds!

• That's awesome, although I admit I want to know the PROCESS! Where did the samples come from? And are you familiar with Bobby Konders? This reminds me a little of a great old track, "The Poem."

• All samples came from gadget! Using a couple different bilbao kits. Originally, I tried to make a track with blocs wave sampled into bilbao, but the sample length was getting cut off at 5 seconds or so. Hopefully they increase the amount of time for each sample.

• Wow, those are all Bilbao included? Very cool.

• @ion677 said:
    All samples came from gadget! Using a couple different bilbao kits. Originally, I tried to make a track with blocs wave sampled into bilbao, but the sample length was getting cut off at 5 seconds or so. Hopefully they increase the amount of time for each sample.

Bilbao has a five-second sample limit per pad and Abu Dhabi has a ten second limit per instance. I researched this before buying them in the recent sale.

This has been true since their release almost two years ago so I doubt those limits will be increased.

• @bigcatrik said:

@ion677 said:
    All samples came from gadget! Using a couple different bilbao kits. Originally, I tried to make a track with blocs wave sampled into bilbao, but the sample length was getting cut off at 5 seconds or so. Hopefully they increase the amount of time for each sample.

Bilbao has a five-second sample limit per pad and Abu Dhabi has a ten second limit per instance. I researched this before buying them in the recent sale.

This has been true since their release almost two years ago so I doubt those limits will be increased.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Abu Dhabi can't play a 10 second loop in one shot, right? Even if you move all the markers over to the right, the max decay time per hit is 5 seconds. Any way to just play the sample the whole way through?

• Has a kind of later-day Prince feel, obviously minus the great little man. But loving the vibe.

• Gadget Smooth Jazz. Very nice.

• I join the (by now) little chorus line : really nice :)
    and good use of Bilbao too

• This clearly show that Gadget is not for 'EDM only'...
    Nice job and a cool piece, well done!

• Yes, very nice lounge track... It sounds very professional and it's even hard to know what is samples and what is not (particularly, I admit that I wonder if the saxo/piano which is 'singing' during most of the song is based on sampling or is played by you in a Gadget using the modwheel)... This made me think of Eric Sera ;-)

Bilbao is also my main friend in Gadget (which is very solid to make sample based music, despite what one may think)...

Here are my two last tracks which are not EDM and are strongly based on Bilbal (my last one = first below, is a classic hip hop beat has Bilbao Tracks and 8 Gladstone/Madrid/London tracks... And the other one is inpired by Gramatik) :

Peace.

• Thanks for all the kind words y'all. The synth sound is from Berlin, soft lead. Played it on a xkey 37(which I absolutely adore for portable midi).

• @ElGregoLoco said:
    Yes, very nice lounge track... It sounds very professional and it's even hard to know what is samples and what is not (particularly, I admit that I wonder if the saxo/piano which is 'singing' during most of the song is based on sampling or is played by you in a Gadget using the modwheel)... This made me think of Eric Sera ;-)

Bilbao is also my main friend in Gadget (which is very solid to make sample based music, despite what one may think)...

Here are my two last tracks which are not EDM and are strongly based on Bilbal (my last one = first below, is a classic hip hop beat has Bilbao Tracks and 8 Gladstone/Madrid/London tracks... And the other one is inpired by Gramatik) :

Peace.

Great tracks!

• edited August 2016

@nic_b_nice said:

Great tracks!

Thanks a lot mate

• Correct me if I'm wrong, but Abu Dhabi can't play a 10 second loop in one shot, right? Even if you move all the markers over to the right, the max decay time per hit is 5 seconds. Any way to just play the sample the whole way through?

Yes, it decays. But a trick I learned while researching Gadget (which might have been on this very forum): let Abu Dhabi divide your sample into 16 equal pieces then place notes on the piano roll to piece them back together. If the BPM matches and your sample divides into 16 equal beats then it will match up and play back continuously. A one-bar sample would need 16 16th notes and a 2-bar sample would need two measures of eighth notes. You can then play with the piano roll to create repeats, stutters, etc., and change the quantize to triplets for even more fun.

Forgive me for injecting EDM into this so-far-non-EDM thread but I made 2-bars in Skram, imported it into Abu Dhabi and sequenced/resequenced it, which became this track (at :16 you can hear the two bars playing straight through). (Also includes voice from iDS-10 in another Abu Dhabi, and the solo is iM1/Darwin.)

• LOVE Bilbao. More recently, I've been audio copying Figure loops into Bilbao & Abu Dhabi, and having loads of fun. Simple but perfect workflow.

• I'm getting crazy with Bilbao these days... Gadget is really magical :

• @ElGregoLoco said:
    I'm getting crazy with Bilbao these days... Gadget is really magical :

Nice groove! Like everything going on here.

• @ElGregoLoco said:
    I'm getting crazy with Bilbao these days... Gadget is really magical :

Brilliant, I love hearing stuff made in Gadget that doesn't sound like it was. Clever.

• All these tracks sound amazing guys!
    @ion677 what did you use to make the SAX lead?

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    All these tracks sound amazing guys!
    @ion677 what did you use to make the SAX lead?

Thanks! It's the Berlin soft lead.

• This playlist was done entirely in Gadget; many pieces have up to a half dozen Bilbao tracks alone. All samples are mine and captured while travelling(Dublin, Chicago, Athens & Miami).

• @Thomas
    Great! All of it Gadget (plus samples)?
    Did you also use some London for drums?
    Which Gadget synths?

• Wow I'm really behind compared to you guys.... :| But Gadget has me making more music. :)

• @R_2 said:
    @Thomas
    Great! All of it Gadget (plus samples)?
    Did you also use some London for drums?
    Which Gadget synths?

Thanks. Yup, all Gadget. Kicks are London & Tokyo blended with my samples. Snares are my samples blended with Tokyo. Hats are mostly my samples. As far as which synths, I use all of them. Most parts are 2(sometimes 3) tracks of different synths. I program my own patches from scratch, so they sound like crap until blended with another synth.

• Just 'discovered' something in Gadget that has probably been there all the time.
    It's quite easy to 're-sample' stuff in Gadget for usage with Bilbao and AbuDhabi...

All 'stuff' exported to iTunes is available for AbuDhabi and Bilbao as *.wav...
    Now all we need is 'export scene' in addition to the whole project.

Sometimes the features we're looking for are right there under our noses :D