Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria update! For real this time!

Is this the game changer?

Comments

• edited July 2013

What would be the game changer? Auria is continuously growing with new features. You mean a midi sequencer? Nope, not yet. Extensive sync and control MIDI protocols are implemented in this update tho.

• Woot woot

• It's so awesome. I've only played with it for a few minutes and I can already tell its going to be pretty awesome. That shortcut bar shouldn't get overshadowed by all the midi awesomeness either. It's going to really save me a lot of time. Great update. This app keeps getting better and better all the time.

• Can someone call my boss with some excuse to get me out of work so I can go download the update?

• I guess I'm not getting it, the midi that is. It still doesn't record midi just audio? With audiobus I could do that before. The shortcut bar is awesome tho!

• @Bootsy I believe at this point, the MIDI is more useful for synchronizing between apps. The underlying structure seems to be there, but it will be the sequencer component that will likely be what you are wanting.

• I think the Auria's approach to Midi is the right approach for make good thing...
    I think all the other apps must integrated the Midi Time Code or MTC for work in Sync without problem.

• and it supports the Mackie HUI protocol now so you can use every Midi controller (that supports this protocoll as well) to remote control auria

• I believe you are right @Audiojunkie! My joy was short lived!

• The best just got better and I have to say I'm happy with the way Auria is now, an excellent audio
    DAW with midi clock synce,I think if they ever decide to add midi sequencing it will become to
    Cluttered like other DAW's and eat up more CPU time,but as it is now we can sync up all kinds of sequencers synths and everything else excellent stuff.

• @multitouch well said.
    The "all in one" solution will never happen until iPads become much more powerful anyway. Dev's can add all of the features users want, but when every little feature is available the hardware will not be able to keep up.
    Making good music is hard work. It always has been, always will be. If someone is not willing to take the time to take notes while they work, or learn a little bit about the already well established world of digital recording, or the 30+ year old MIDI standard that makes a lot of iOS music possible, then that's just tough titty.

Wave machine labs is doing it the RIGHT way with Auria, because they understand that many of the feature requests on the forum are from people who DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE A DAW.

• edited July 2013

Midi itself uses really NO resources (remember:the best midi timing you still get out of an old atari with 8 Mhz CPU und 512kb to 1MB Ram ;-) Easy to follow in Cubasis or Beatmaker.Things gettin hotter if you start with instruments and Fx but not really before.

But not talking about the possible addition of instruments in auria of course.

Although nothing comes close to the (some)Fabfilter plugins in terms of resource usage on my iPad (4)but when i use Cubasis,Audiobus and 2-3 synths (combined with a dozen or so FX in Cubasis),everything still runs fine.

I'l stay relaxed but can't wait (oxymoron^^) for the full Midi Editor in Auria!

I'll try too hook up Cubasis to Auria tomorrow and see how It goes.Would be great to record my Cubasis tracks directly(=synced) into auria without all the copy&paste stuff.

• It appears that the midi clock sync only works with Beatmaker. Forget Cubasis it only sends midi clock.

• edited July 2013

yeah i know.I want Cubasis as Master ;)

I read the thread at auria forum as well.He did not test it with cubasis as master yet,only slave (and of course,this can't work as we all know).If it's not working,fine.I'll use beatmaker then.I have to test it with Beat-machine as well.The devoper is very responsive and definitely wants to improve the Midi clock sync.

• edited July 2013

Beat machine was a no go either way. I tried Cubasis as master and that didn't work either.

• you mean beat machine and auria?Too bad...well,to be honest i did not expected very much from auria midi clock and INTERNAL sync with other apps.IOS midi is such a mess...
    But it seems that only beatmaker is running so far?thats even worse than cubasis :)

• Update has very cool tool bar. Yes the best just got better

• I like it so far!I Got it work with Drumjam. The Daw Wars are heating up and I love it!!!!

• edited July 2013

@Dubhausdisco You'd better post some amazingly produced music that proves you're qualified to judge other forum members' understanding of DAWs or else there's a danger that folks will think you're just an arrogant wanker.

• edited July 2013

Sigh. I still have my massive audio stuttering problem when starting a recording with Audiobus. iPad 3.

• Has anyone got either Auria or Cubasis to work in sync with Thesys? If so what settings did you use?

It's an attractive solution as it would give a sequencing and automation solution but I haven't had any success getting either to sync yet.

• @Daath7 I tried it with drumjam this morning and it works be the tempo kept changing. Did you experience this?

• @Bootsy I was able to get DrunJam working with it fine just now. The tempo will jump if you hit rewind while the playhead is moving, but I don't experience that at all from a stopped position. This is the same behavior it has in BM2 as well (and I would assume other apps too). Is this the tempo change you're seeing?

• @boone51. Ill bet it is! I'm pretty sure I was hitting rewind while it was playing. Ill try again. Thanks

• Nope tempo is all over the place while its playing without me doing anything it's speeding up and slowing down all by itself. Not sure on what all the setting should be tho so I could be doing something wrong there.

• @paulb not talking about this forum, but if the shoe fits... Everyone here is so sensitive to any friction at all- us "wankers" would call that a "circle jerk".
    I'm sure as long as everyone here keeps buying every single app that has audiobus support, the jerking will continue as the regular members here are making $$$ for the Dev's. They will implement all of the fluffy features you want, even if it means compromising the stability of the app.
    Who knows- maybe the party will be over when ios7 comes out, I don't know.
    For now I'll do the right thing and see myself out the door. No hard feelings.
    By the way I'm not that hard to find online.

• Auria has never been stable and it still isn't!

• edited July 2013

@Dubhausdisco Doesn't really matter which forum, if you place yourself above others, you need to be able to back it up with evidence. I did actually find you online, just didn't find anything of yours that set you apart from the majority of us musical wannabees. Thought I'd give you the chance to justify your stance by producing something special, that's all...

• edited July 2013

Sorry to hear that @Bootsy. I haven't experienced it yet but I haven't really dug into it that much yet. The bpm has been stable for me so far. I sure can appreciate how that is frustrating though. Sorry dude.

And all I'd say on the other comments here is; Kumbaya, ya'll. Kumbaya.