Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Modstep to send different patterns to different midi channels of isymphonic?

I was wondering if this is possible at all. I noticed on my midi organs that the foot/bass keys, low keys and high keys are sending to different midi channels and can be set for different instruments inside isymphonic. I also just recently got modstep, and i was wondering if its possible to somehow send to different channels of the isymphonic from different tracks of modstep? Im pretty new to this whole more complex routing stuff on ipad, and i couldnt figure out a way to do that without loading multiple instances of the isymphonic, which isnt ofc possible. But maybe there is something im missing?

Comments

• Yes this is possible, Load iSymphonic on one track, then create 3 more tracks in modstep, under the I/O menu you can then set each channels midi to go to isymphonic, and on different channels for each.

• edited July 2016

@AndyPlankton said:
    Yes this is possible, Load iSymphonic on one track, then create 3 more tracks in modstep, under the I/O menu you can then set each channels midi to go to isymphonic, and on different channels for each.

I made 3 tracks, loaded isymphonic on 1st, put it on midi channel 1, then i made 2 other tracks, didnt load anything on them, but set the midi out to isymphonic, and set the channels as 2 and 3. Only the track i loaded isymphnic on. actually sends midi to isymphonic. Others show that they send out of modstep(and midi out is on isymphonic), but it doesent get to isymphonic.

Where is the problem or is there something else im missing?

• @ToMess said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    Yes this is possible, Load iSymphonic on one track, then create 3 more tracks in modstep, under the I/O menu you can then set each channels midi to go to isymphonic, and on different channels for each.

I made 3 tracks, loaded isymphonic on 1st, put it on midi channel 1, then i made 2 other tracks, didnt load anything on them, but set the midi out to isymphonic, and set the channels as 2 and 3. Only the track i loaded isymphnic on. actually sends midi to isymphonic. Others show that they send out of modstep(and midi out is on isymphonic), but it doesent get to isymphonic.

Where is the problem or is there something else im missing?

Check on the settings menu (gear icon) that MIDI Notes are set to send out to isymphonic, I don't know if you need to set anything up in isymphonic as I do not have that app.

• edited July 2016

@AndyPlankton said:
    Check on the settings menu (gear icon) that MIDI Notes are set to send out to isymphonic, I don't know if you need to set anything up in isymphonic as I do not have that app.

Edit.
    Got it working now. The problem was that i chose inter app audio midi only from isymphonic, and not iaa + core midi.

Thanks for your help :)

• @ToMess said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Edit.
    Got it working now. The problem was that i chose inter app audio midi only from isymphonic, and not iaa + core midi.

Thanks for your help :)

You're welcome, glad you got it working :)