Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DeepMind 12

Behringer's new 12 voice synth will have an iPad patch editor.

Comments

• Yes 0:16 is interesting, but if the price is right, this could be BIG!

• Good lord this thing sounds good

• Does look BIG! Don't think i can fit that on the train.

• 4 octave full sized, I think, but the name, makes me think white key to C3, black key to A#2, check.

• Apparently has 100 FX

• From the rumours Behringer is planning a whole line of synths, so this may only be the beginning.

• It would be nice to see the mod matrix on the screen, more than the effects, I think we will get to see it soon.

• @knewspeak said:
    From the rumours Behringer is planning a whole line of synths, so this may only be the beginning.

Yes - they posted this over on GearSlutz a few days ago:

• Now that sounds like a business that wants to listen, they have my respect.

• This synth reminds me of the good old days. Except for the screen. B)

• It sure looks Good, lets hope the price is right.

• @knewspeak said:
    Now that sounds like a business that wants to listen, they have my respect.

to each his own ...
    this company has never ever developed anything on their own
    but made a fortune from outselling other peoples ideas with a funky virtual Robin Hood attitude
    they are not 'listening' but it's one of their regular ways to be clueless
    the other one is simply buying up a company...

just as Bill Gates made a fortune from crude software, so did U.B. with hardware
    all perfectly ok as a part of business and for that success both have my full respect, seriously
    but please... just stop the gloryfication bs, those dudes were/are only in it for the money >:)

cheers, Tom

• the crux of the issue is that when a company like this gives people what they want and a morally applauded company makes their loyal user base beg for things that they never provide them with all bets are off on what the operational definition of bs actually is.

• @kobamoto said:
    the crux of the issue is that when a company like this gives people what they want and a morally applauded company makes their loyal user base beg for things that they never provide them with all bets are off on what the operational definition of bs actually is.

Kabaam.

Except that when company A doesn't spend any of its own money on R&D and product development and customer development, it's not exactly apples to apples.

This synth, by all accounts, was developed by Midas with effects from KT and TC. All three companies are, historically anyway, without moral ambiguities as far as I know. If the synth comes in cheap though, no doubt that will at least partly a product of big B's oft questionable success.

• I really want to hear this synth extensively without the fx

• @syrupcore said:

@kobamoto said:
    the crux of the issue is that when a company like this gives people what they want and a morally applauded company makes their loyal user base beg for things that they never provide them with all bets are off on what the operational definition of bs actually is.

Kabaam.

Except that when company A doesn't spend any of its own money on R&D and product development and customer development, it's not exactly apples to apples.

This synth, by all accounts, was developed by Midas with effects from KT and TC. All three companies are, historically anyway, without moral ambiguities as far as I know. If the synth comes in cheap though, no doubt that will at least partly a product of big B's oft questionable success.

customer satisfaction should be at the top of R&D imo, it's not like people are twisting dev arms to sell these things to us. If you're making an instrument for yourself then by all means sell it to yourself but if you expect others to buy it ...... I like how J-Lilla does it, if he rejects a request he doesn't just say no, he explains why he's rejecting the request and why it would work out better in another way, what the challenges are and even what the time frame might be... I can only respect that, it's a far cry from the my role is to sell you something and your role is to buy it devs.

• @Telefunky said:

@knewspeak said:
    Now that sounds like a business that wants to listen, they have my respect.

to each his own ...
    this company has never ever developed anything on their own
    but made a fortune from outselling other peoples ideas with a funky virtual Robin Hood attitude
    they are not 'listening' but it's one of their regular ways to be clueless
    the other one is simply buying up a company...

just as Bill Gates made a fortune from crude software, so did U.B. with hardware
    all perfectly ok as a part of business and for that success both have my full respect, seriously
    but please... just stop the gloryfication bs, those dudes were/are only in it for the money >:)

cheers, Tom

I'm trying to think of a company other than maybe Moog or something that wouldn't fit the above description!

• edited July 2016

definitely interested. looking forward to the nick batt demo/review.

• @kobamoto said:

@syrupcore said:

@kobamoto said:

Kabaam.

customer satisfaction should be at the top of R&D imo, it's not like people are twisting dev arms to sell these things to us. If you're making an instrument for yourself then by all means sell it to yourself but if you expect others to buy it ...... I like how J-Lilla does it, if he rejects a request he doesn't just say no, he explains why he's rejecting the request and why it would work out better in another way, what the challenges are and even what the time frame might be... I can only respect that, it's a far cry from the my role is to sell you something and your role is to buy it devs.

@kobamoto I totally agree with your original crux (I meant for 'Kabaam' to reflect that). And also agree that customer satisfaction should be the most important. Also think a lot of bigger companies get complacent with the whole 'if we put it out....' thing.

But yeah, with a company like Behringer it's at least murky for me. If company A (say, Roland) invests money in R&D—including market research—and company B (say, Behringer) swipes that R&D and instead invests in process/manufacturing efficiency, Behringer is more likely to be in a position that might allow them to do something like 'listen to their customers' and create an affordable 12 voice analog polyphonic synth. Meanwhile, a Korg or a Roland might be listening to their customers but may not have the sorts of efficiencies in place to make said synth for the price people want— they invested in the product development (etc) while B leap-frogged the R&D $$$ and instead invested in process efficiency, selling other people's R&D on the cheap.

Particularly when they ape all of it, including final designs. This shit is just shameful.

Mix, repeat and time are one thing but the switches? and the order on the dial?

Mackie's "ONYX" pres answered with... "XENYX" pres, naturally.

That's 10 minutes of googling. Tried to find a pod and v-amp in the same photo. Oh well.

• I forgot about that Launchpad they made. Shameless!

• I wasn't aware that's how they operate. I wonder how they manage to skirt legal issues....or if they do manage to avoid them.

• I'm still thankful Behringer made the UCA-202 whom ever they copied that from :D

• Unfortunately/ fortunately the above is just how the global business model operates, no I'd go so far as to say, nature operates, this is how we 'progress', take an idea, copy it, hopefully advance upon it.

• @Samu said:
    I'm still thankful Behringer made the UCA-202 whom ever they copied that from :D

That would be Edirol/Roland:
    http://www.rolandus.com/products/ua-1ex/

At least it is discontinued now...

• @sonosaurus said:

@Samu said:
    I'm still thankful Behringer made the UCA-202 whom ever they copied that from :D

That would be Edirol/Roland:
    http://www.rolandus.com/products/ua-1ex/

At least it is discontinued now...

Good find!
    Hope someone makes an improved version of the UCA-202 with a detachable cord :)

I have two ESI-Pro interfaces that kick the UCA-202's rear-end but they draw too current so the iPad is not able to use them unless using a powered hub...

• @Syrupcore, I'm not certain but I think with the majority of those examples the companies outside of harbinger oops I mean behringer didn't actually come up with those concepts, take novation for example they were actually the poor mans answer for said type of controllers, they didn't innovate the concept or design fundamentals, so it's not like they needed to move mountains financially speaking for r&D..... like audio slicers, the R&D is done for these kind of instruments unless someone is doing something different which no one is, so how much r&d is really necessary here, some for sure but that it would be enough to equate to not being able to cover basic standards with your user base is hard to believe....... (of course I don't have a clue) but my point is especially with musical concepts like the ones we are talking about i.e. Behringer, none of the designs and concepts they've stolen actually belong to or were innovated by the people we think they stole them from which is why they can't be sued as Funkjunkie was pondering . Novation is one of the best examples, they came in and saved the day by offering cheap alternatives to the stuff that was already out there, isn't that the same thing that Behringer does?

• They've been sued several times. Part of their business model includes 'army of lawyers'. All settled out of court for undisclosed sums (as far as I know) but you'll notice, for instance, that their cheapo guitar pedals no longer look like the boss pedals (that change happened directly after that particular settlement with Roland).

Not talking about innovating on a delay pedal costing NASA like sums but it all adds up - product designers, market research, engineering... I am talking about offering the exact same thing as your competitor for less money because you had no up front expenses. In the case of the line 6 delay and its settings, I mean come on.

I don't think this synth is going to be all that derivative.

• kinda reminds me of the gaia in looks though

• Yeah, looks Rolandish for sure (Juno 60/106 and the gaia which was sorta based on those) but not another Bclone.

And sure, the Launchpad was a poor man's monome but there wasn't anything out there that 'just worked' with Live's clip view the way it did. You had to really want it to get it the monome going with max.

• @syrupcore said:
    Yeah, looks Rolandish for sure (Juno 60/106 and the gaia which was sorta based on those) but not another Bclone.

And sure, the Launchpad was a poor man's monome but there wasn't anything out there that 'just worked' with Live's clip view the way it did. You had to really want it to get it the monome going with max.

true..