Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Propellerheads Figure - new update... Link!

We thought this would never happning: Figure has got Ableton Link now!

Comments

• What's new:

You won’t believe how much cool new stuff we’ve put in this version. Ableton Link! New kits! Remote triggers! And more! Keep reading to get the full scoop.

• Sync Figure with other apps through Ableton Link. Play Figure with friends, or sync with other music apps on the same device.

• Two new drum kits, Bern and Leeloo. Bern is a city in Switzerland. Leeloo is a Mondoshawan weapon against evil. We hope they’ll inspire lots of new songs!

• Although we don’t condone ever putting Figure in the background on your device (it’s so much harder making music that way!) Figure now consumes less battery power when you do.

• But we didn’t stop there! We’ve also introduced support for remote triggers through Audiobus too. Yay!

• Lately we’ve been getting a lot of requests from Pono users and dogs to improve audio rendering to 48khz on iPhone 6S, so we did. Shoutout to all our canine fans out there!

• ...and scores of minor fixes and improvements crafted during the Allihoopa summer of love.

• And the intrusive Allihoopa bar that takes up so much screen space has been removed apart from the song screen. Definitely two steps in the right direction :)

• Well done Propellerheads ! I see pigs flying around gracefully overhead

• It's a very nice update indeed :)

Next on my utterly personal wish-list is an 'Open In...' in the export dialogue and...

• Replace 'iTunes' with 'iCloud Drive/iOS-Filepicker' (iTunes File-Sharing is next to useless anyway).
    • Replace 'AudioCopy' with 'iOS Share Sheet'(Open In.. etc.). AudioCopy accepts files over 'Open In...' so it's a 'Win-Win' situation anyway and for the developers it reduces the number of 3rd party SDKs to include and keep updated in the project...
  • okej to its time to readd this one now, finallay

• Was wondering why my iPhone 4s was not updating it. iOS 9.0 and up. Oh, ok.

• Let's see if this is a new beginning for Figure, Thanks for adding link , Please make app universal so that I don't got to remove my iPad from dock to use Figure.

• @djjuniorpops said:
    Let's see if this is a new beginning for Figure, Thanks for adding link , Please make app universal so that I don't got to remove my iPad from dock to use Figure.

The app itself is 'universal' it just doesn't adapt itself too well between landscape/portrait.
    On the iPhone the landscape-mode is used for bigger 'play pads' while on the iPad it would be nicer if the whole UI rotated as the pads are already large enough.

I don't remember the forum handles for Propellerhead devs but it might be good time to invite them here again to take a look at the response for the latest version before this thread goes haywire with 10+ pages :D

• Great, Figure is now really useful with Link, go Figure...
    Agree landscape mode would be most welcome, the Windows desktop version is landscape so can't be too difficult to implement.

• Hate to say this but Looks like I may have to reinstall figure now.

• Perfect for generating sample fodder inside AUM

• @OscarSouth said:
    Perfect for generating sample fodder inside AUM

Yepp, now with Link, Figure and iKaossilator are a quite nice 'couple' for that :D

• :o AWSOME NEWS!!!........ Thanks Propellerhead....... Great stuff indeed!!.... One more, pretty please, tho I sound very ungrateful.............Now, Link with Rebirth please?........ ;)

• Hmmm...might have to put this back on again...

• @Hansson said:
    okej to its time to readd this one now, finallay

This. LOL

• @OscarSouth said:
    Perfect for generating sample fodder inside AUM

Bing bing bing....

• edited July 2016

@Beathoven said:
    And the intrusive Allihoopa bar that takes up so much screen space has been removed apart from the song screen.

What screen has it been removed from? It still shows up on all but the browser screen for me.

Looks like a good update, though. Definitely a step in the right direction.

• @asnor said:

@Beathoven said:
    And the intrusive Allihoopa bar that takes up so much screen space has been removed apart from the song screen.

What screen has it been removed from? It still shows up on all but the browser screen for me.

It no longer appears on the pattern screen nor the tweaks, global or mix screens. It only appears on the song screen, when previously it occupied every screen :)

• @Beathoven said:

@asnor said:

@Beathoven said:

It no longer appears on the pattern screen nor the tweaks, global or mix screens. It only appears on the song screen, when previously it occupied every screen :)

I avoided all the recent updates because of this, a good move they've removed it - they're obviously listening to, and taking on board user feedback.

• @Beathoven said:

@asnor said:

@Beathoven said:

I must be doing something wrong, it still shows up in all but the browser for me.

• edited July 2016

@MonzoPro said:

@Beathoven said:

@asnor said:

@Beathoven said:

I avoided all the recent updates because of this, a good move they've removed it

Me too, but I'm still seeing it. hmmm... :/

• File it as a bug report like you don't know any better: "excuse Me I'm getting this weird banner ad at the top of the screen in Figure, is there some way to get an ad free version?"

• Figure has been upgraded and "downgraded" (with strange Alihoopa tie-ins and removal of features) so many times that I got frustrated. Which is too bad because it's actually the one casual "sandbox" or "music by numbers" app that I actually enjoy and find useful for creating new content.

Does it currently have loop export as a .wav or with AudioCopy/Paste? I thought it did at one point, and then it was taken away, but I could be wrong.

• edited July 2016

^^^ lol :D

I figured :# it out. the new version is different on iPad and iPhone. IPad still has the banner everywhere, while the iPhone version doesn't. iPad version also seems to be missing the new LINK functionality.

• @asnor said:

I figured :# it out. the new version is different on iPad and iPhone. IPad still has the banner everywhere, while the iPhone version doesn't. iPad version also seems to be missing the new LINK functionality.

Yay iPhone!

• @asnor said:

Have you updated your iPad's version? ;)

• Great to see so much continued development of Figure. Bringing in new sounds constantly (for free), and now Ableton LINK and AB Remote features shows that Allihoopa is still very much interested in its users.

• The addition of Link certainly makes Figure incredibly useful for generating baselines to use with your favorite Link–enabled drum machines. Kewl!

• @StormJH1 said:

>

Does it currently have loop export as a .wav or with AudioCopy/Paste? I thought it did at one point, and then it was taken away, but I could be wrong.

AudioCopy is supported as is SoundCloud and 'iTunes'.

As pointed out in another thread the 'iTunes' option could be replaced 'iCloudDrive/iOS-DocumentPicker' and 'AudioCopy' with the standard iOS-ShareSheet which would include 'Open In...' and 'AirDrop'.

AudioCopy accepts files sent to it via 'Open In...' so it would be a win-win situation to replace AudioCopy and for the developers it would mean one less 3rd-Party SDK in the project that needs to be kept updated...