Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Isolating Vocals / Remove Music: WHICH APP?

Thanks in advance.

Making "acapellas" and such.

Comments

• no such thing exists - in a very, very crude way Roland's R-Mix takes the spectral approach
    but it lacks precision and produces lot's of artifacts (usable as a special live-fx processor, though)
    this video shows the process in detail in Melodyne
    it's an easy example using Adele's Rolling in the Deep and still you'll hear some artifacts and bleed in the end

years ago Prosoniq demoed the extraction of Peter Gabriel's voice from a track on Musikmesse Frankfurt
    a 15 seconds clip took about half an hour of screen interaction for an experienced operator
    the Prosoniq follow up company Zynaptiq has a similiar tool called PitchMap
    obviously they stripped precise vocal extraction in favour of a general processing and live modification of polyphonic mixes

cheers, Tom

• Here's are two apps you might want to check out, I have no idea if they're any good or not:
    Wimbo Music and StereoExplorer.

• Audionamix offers several different solutions that can isolate vocals and instrumentals. I have used their TRAX Pro (Mac only) which does a very good job at isolating vocals. XTRAX STEMS (Mac/PC) is something that I use to create acapellas for remixing, and can also isolate drums. You can watch my tutorial on XTRAX STEMS where I talk about it and use it for acapella creation.

• edited July 2018

Audition > Stereo Imagery > Center Channel Extractor can remove vocals or music