Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Introducing the AUFX Series

I have started on a collection of simple but powerful audio effect apps, fully MIDI controllable and of course supporting Audiobus input/filter/output slots. http://kymatica.com/aufx

First out will be AUFX:Space, a highly tweakable reverb.

Comments

• Not available in US yet.

• No, it's not released yet! "Coming soon to the App Store" the webpage says :)

• You're singing a melody I like to hear. Just the name AUFX makes me want it :-) then I read "full MIDI". Oh yeah.

And the best part is knowing you actually get it, (rather than just clever marketing)

Can't wait for this. I haven't needed any of your other apps, but this will likely change that.

• Ok, dumb me. Thanks.

• edited July 2013

Can you post some soundsamples ??
    Does it have those huge eventide or Valhalla type blackhole/spacey/taj mahal drones!!!!!
    Eagerly waiting to see the capabilities...

• Yes, I will post some sound examples and later also a demo video.

• Oohhhhhhh this is exactly what I've been hoping for! Yes!! How soon?! :D

• Ok, I need to renew my soundcloud account so here's a sound sample in my dropbox instead: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4327824/AUFX-Space demo1.m4a

It's Yellofier run through AUFX:Space while I try out some different reverb presets.

• How soon? It's currently waiting for review, so it might take less than a week if we're lucky :)

• edited July 2013

Nice. A high-quality reverb with a practical UI would be VERY welcome.

What (other) kind of effect app would I like to see? How about...

Multi-band distortion

Full-featured phase shifter with frequency/width controls, waveform selection, tap tempo...

Audio degredation (a la Trash)

Sequence/S&H-based multimode autofilter with multiple filters in series

Through-zero flanger

(My wishful thinking cap is on this morning!)

• Another sound demo, myself singing into the iPad microphone: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4327824/AUFX-Space demo2.m4a

• Oh man those samples sound goooood! Yes!

If you're taking requests I would basically like the effects section from DM-1 (the drum app) to be used as a standalone app in the AB effects slot. Reverb, Overdrive, Phaser, Cutoff, Formant, etc. Love the effects implementation in DM-1 but they're of limited usefulness for anything else.

• Interesting....

•Ready for the future inter-app audio standard

• Nice sounds ... Can't wait !!!
    Would be sweet paired with jamup in the input slot !!

An idea for another plugin is equivalent to CamelSpace type dynamic gated fx....

• And of course a high quality delay and chorus would be welcome. I'm wondering if the inter-app audio support would allow us to chain the effects within AudioBus.

• I'm not trying to put Jonatan in a sticky non-disclosure situation, so please don't feel obligated to reply to this...

But if he's planning a series of single function fx apps that are "Ready for the future inter-app audio standard" ... maybe we can presume there will indeed be a way to chain them together with the new inter-app audio or upcoming Audiobus features.

• @thepinkelefant - great suggestion. dynamic gated effects would be very welcome.

• How about an AUFX rack that works in the effects slot and allows multiple AUFX effects to be routed as desired?

• I put together a small demo video, here:

• The BEETS! Oh, the BEEEEEEEEEEEETS!!!!

Lovely.
    Are the little distortions/latency blips due to you not killing bg apps or rebooting, or is it a resource bug still being ironed out in the beta version?

• Really nice - especially the vocal example. Bring it on!!

• @Hmtx anybody who hasn't needed a Kymatica app...just hasn't used Audioshare yet. ;)

• Does Audiobus allow some controls like the input-output mix control to be on the panel ?
    Maybe some way to get that on the panel will help in tweaking the final sound as you play in the main input app. I hate jumping around twiddling some of the controls that require continuous control and not just set once.
    Maybe a long touch on the panel button or some slider on the panel would be helpful so that you can mix right from the app.!!

• edited July 2013

AudioShare is a must!

I really like what I hear! I'll give this one a try for sure.

@eyeballjackson "Sequence/S&H-based multimode autofilter with multiple filters in series"

A la Antares? Sure a welcome addition!

• shit, that sounds great!

For an inspirational delay, pretty pretty please check out cassini's.

• Is there a pre-delay control?

• @spookyzoo oh dear, I may have just exposed myself as an amateur iPad musician. It's true, my iPad music is so simplistic, I haven't even bought audioshare.

Actually, I think my problem is I try to think of the iPad as an instrument, doing everything live. DAWs and sequencers just bore me to tears. So I'm not using audioshare, fiddling with sending clips and samples here and there, but these AUFX apps seem to have potential for live performance.

• @Hmtx... No such thing as an amateur ipad musician, we're all learning still. ;)

My reply was a playful recommendation, and I fully understand the way you utilise your apps to performance.

Looking forward to these AUFX also.

• No worries spookyzoo, I don't take my music too seriously. When I say live performance, I mean live from my sofa to my headphones XD.

• @Hmtx - honestly, live performance is what the iPad is still best for. The DAWs right now arent about to replace DAWs on your PC. Maybe next year!