Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Open In

Does anyone know a workaround when an app doesn't appear in the Open In dialog that you wish to use? Searching online, all I could find was that other apps that appear in the dialog would have to be deleted until the desired app appears. I was trying to open a wav file, from Audioshare, into Nave. I did manage to get it over using ACP, but I'd still like to know if there's another way to get an app into the Open In list.

Comments

• edited July 2013

I too would like to hear of a successful workaround that doesn't involve deleting apps.

• You know you can scroll the list sideways, yes?

• Audioshare can do "Open in..", Nave appears on the list that pop ups. You might have to scroll through it tho if you have many apps that supports the same file-format.

If you're using the Open In function, all apps supporting that file format (and the open in function) should appear in the pop up (remember that you can scroll through it like pages). Or am I missing something ?

• edited July 2013

There's a limit of something like 24 displayable apps. It's not very logical as to how it chooses which to display either. I mean if you have recently used audioshare it should 'intelligently' include that in the list...but it doesn't.

• Oh didn't know there was a limit. How many apps do you have installed lol

• Yeah, I've scrolled through and still don't have Nave in the list.

• I have 25 apps in my list, so I assume that's the limit.

• Ok so 2 pages it seems. That's definitely something Apple should expand on. And I think the "open in" function is something they very easily could work on....I dunno...send some emails requesting an improved Open In could work ? It's not a workaround but still

• From what I've seen online, this is a common complaint, but I'll shoot an email to Apple.

• Some developers dissable this option on their apps, ie traktor dj... i don' t think there is a workaround for it.

• I know Nave hasn't disabled it though. I saw a video on the IOSMars website where Ryan was using it.