Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Technology and an attempted coup

edited July 2016 in Off-topic

First off, if we have any lads and lasses from Turkey on the roster, I don't suppose you're busy checking your forum feed right now: Be safe and be lucky.

I don't speak any Turkish, but I saw a clip of Turkey’s president Recep Tayyip Erdoğan talking to his nation by way Facetime on of a phone being held up to a TV station camera:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2016/jul/15/erdogan-facetime-turkey-coup-attempt

I have nothing to say about this (what looks already like a failed) coup, but there was something remarkable about the method of communication....like a movie they wouldn't make almost.

«1

Comments

  • Impressive indeed!

  • edited July 2016

    I am dismayed and depressed at the human condition as it relates to ignorance, religion, greed, war, environmental stupidity, over-population, and the like. The coup is unsurprising and very unlikely to provide resolutions to Turkey's problems. I'm aware that ready solutions have always been at hand via evidence-based rationality and the application of science and that mankind is very unlikely to abide by these obvious disciplines preferring instead to rely on emotionalism.

    I still find it all paradoxically disappointing and I'll turn to music, science, and logic for solace.

  • edited July 2016

    @puppychumful said:
    I am dismayed and depressed at the human condition as it relates to ignorance, religion, greed, war, environmental stupidity, over-population, and the like. The coup is unsurprising and very unlikely to provide resolutions to Turkey's problems. I'm aware that ready solutions have always been at hand via evidence-based rationality and the application of science and that mankind is very unlikely to abide by these obvious disciplines preferring instead to rely on emotionalism.

    I still find it all paradoxically disappointing and I'll turn to music, science, and logic for solace.

    Yep, at least till they let us do

  • @puppychumful said:
    I am dismayed and depressed at the human condition as it relates to ignorance, religion, greed, war, environmental stupidity, over-population, and the like. The coup is unsurprising and very unlikely to provide resolutions to Turkey's problems. I'm aware that ready solutions have always been at hand via evidence-based rationality and the application of science and that mankind is very unlikely to abide by these obvious disciplines preferring instead to rely on emotionalism.

    I still find it all paradoxically disappointing and I'll turn to music, science, and logic for solace.

    True . Lots of problems in the world.

    The over population problem is tricky policy problem. In order to curb it a politician would have to stand on an election platform and say something like, "I promise that in 10 years time I will make sure there are half as many [insert your nation here] on the planet and we are the trailing population of all others on the planet" . And no one will vote for him or her.

  • I've long thought that over population was among our biggest problems, yet ironically, it is so vexing politically that few dare speak of it. Just think of how many other problems stem from it....traffic, environmental problems, hunger, and long lines at theme parks to name a few.

  • Is Erdogan the new De Gaulle ,Mmmh ? Those News are Crazy at the moment , between attacks and putsch i prefer to Turn off the tv and enjoy my little egoist iPad's app ....
    Mad world, world
    Enlarge your world
    Mad world

  • @grego68 said:
    Is Erdogan the new De Gaulle ,Mmmh ? Those News are Crazy at the moment , between attacks and putsch i prefer to Turn off the tv and enjoy my little egoist iPad's app ....
    Mad world, world
    Enlarge your world
    Mad world

    I like Egoist because every time I use it it reminds me not to be (so much of the time :).

  • edited July 2016

    @funjunkie27 said:
    I've long thought that over population was among our biggest problems, yet ironically, it is so vexing politically that few dare speak of it. Just think of how many other problems stem from it....traffic, environmental problems, hunger, and long lines at theme parks to name a few.

    More than one is too many... there, i said it.

  • Double Plus Good

  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:

    @grego68 said:
    Is Erdogan the new De Gaulle ,Mmmh ? Those News are Crazy at the moment , between attacks and putsch i prefer to Turn off the tv and enjoy my little egoist iPad's app ....
    Mad world, world
    Enlarge your world
    Mad world

    I like Egoist because every time I use it it reminds me not to be (so much of the time :).

    I am such an altruist that I had to delete it.

  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:

    I like Egoist because every time I use it it reminds me not to be (so much of the time :).

    ha, hadn't thought of that but it rings true.

  • edited July 2016

    I've read theories that this coup was staged - sounds like too much of a stretch considering the death toll... but I thought it was strange that they released the statement about taking control over the government when they didn't even have Erdogan. In Operation Valkyrie they at least had good reason to believe that Hitler was dead. Now the wankarer from Ankara has a good excuse to act even more like a dictator.

  • edited July 2016

    @firejan82 said:
    I've read theories that this coup was staged - sounds like too much of a stretch considering the death toll... but I thought it was strange that they released the statement about taking control over the government when they didn't even have Erdogan. In Operation Valkyrie they at least had good reason to believe that Hitler was dead. Now the wankarer from Ankara has a good excuse to act even more like a dictator.

    I was thinking, as regards a movie, and if you were going to stage the thing, some Director would be quite likely to come up with the idea of appearing to be broadcast via a shaky Facetime phone. What could add more urgency/verisimilitude than that? I would suggest that I'm getting cynical, but I think I've always been that way....time to wander off and watch The Parallax View again.

  • @firejan82 said:I thought it was strange that they released the statement about taking control over the government when they didn't even have Erdogan.

    news of defeat meant to discourage pro gov forces in hopes they may give up without a fight?

  • “When you strike at a king, you must kill him” - Emerson.

  • @asnor said:

    @firejan82 said:I thought it was strange that they released the statement about taking control over the government when they didn't even have Erdogan.

    news of defeat meant to discourage pro gov forces in hopes they may give up without a fight?

    Yes, but without Erdogan under arrest or dead wouldn't that be taking too big of a chance?

  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    “When you strike at a king, you must kill him” - Emerson.

    Someone on cable news last night said something similar except it was "if you strike at a ruler, it has to be a head shot".

  • @mkell424 said:

    @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    “When you strike at a king, you must kill him” - Emerson.

    Someone on cable news last night said something similar except it was "if you strike at a ruler, it has to be a head shot".

    Just a weird scene altogether. Turkey has had 4 coups since 1960 and you'd think they'd have a fairly good idea of how to go about it. Snaffling (or murdering) the leader is always rule one. Odd.

  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Just a weird scene altogether. Turkey has had 4 coups since 1960 and you'd think they'd have a fairly good idea of how to go about it. Snaffling (or murdering) the leader is always rule one. Odd.

    Maybe they missed?

  • It always struck me as odd that terrorist groups use Twitter.

  • @mkell424 said:

    @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    “When you strike at a king, you must kill him” - Emerson.

    Someone on cable news last night said something similar except it was "if you strike at a ruler, it has to be a head shot".

    That’s the same with Zombies, isn’t it?

  • @firejan82 said:
    I've read theories that this coup was staged - sounds like too much of a stretch considering the death toll...

    Don't know if it was staged or not, but I see a lot of similarities with the Reichstag fire and the apartment bombings by Putin's FSB.

  • @yug said:

    @firejan82 said:
    I've read theories that this coup was staged - sounds like too much of a stretch considering the death toll...

    Don't know if it was staged or not, but I see a lot of similarities with the Reichstag fire and the apartment bombings by Putin's FSB.

    Needs must when the devil drives...

  • Summer 16, all the same, the world over.

  • Who is this Guy in Pennsylvania ? Politic is even harder than CC :)

  • edited July 2016

    @funjunkie27 said:
    I've long thought that over population was among our biggest problems, yet ironically, it is so vexing politically that few dare speak of it. Just think of how many other problems stem from it....traffic, environmental problems, hunger, and long lines at theme parks to name a few.

    To respectfully put another opinion forward... who says we are over-populated? There is more than enough food (and the means to produce it) to feed everyone in the world many times over (it's just the right to access that food that causes hunger). And it's capitalism, not simply procreation, that is causing environmental damage.

    We also seem to want to live in densely populated areas. (Living in cities has never been as popular as it is today).

  • @firejan82 said:

    @asnor said:

    @firejan82 said:I thought it was strange that they released the statement about taking control over the government when they didn't even have Erdogan.

    news of defeat meant to discourage pro gov forces in hopes they may give up without a fight?

    Yes, but without Erdogan under arrest or dead wouldn't that be taking too big of a chance?

    Dunno. Maybe it was part of a last ditch "Hail Mary" effort.

  • Good points Matt, although I'd say that the population drives the capitalism. I'd prefer to live in the country....just can't make it viable, and I know a lot of people feel the same. Selling everything and moving to the north Georgia mountains is a common theme in my circles.

  • Just before I went to bed I read about the coup taking place i thought looks like america is calling time on the erdogan presidency, woke up the next morning to news it had fizzled out and wondered, was this a rare time when parts of the military actually did stage a coup, without outside intervention.

    Now I'm puzzled, thought the way the people on the streets handled themselves was admirable, even though erdogan seems like he was starved of affection growing up, he is however the sort of leader the true powerbase in the west loves, brutal, vindictive and authoritarian. Maybe it was a friendly nudge, don't get too independent, remember the script.

  • @mister_rz said:
    Just before I went to bed I read about the coup taking place i thought looks like america is calling time on the erdogan presidency, woke up the next morning to news it had fizzled out and wondered, was this a rare time when parts of the military actually did stage a coup, without outside intervention.

    Now I'm puzzled, thought the way the people on the streets handled themselves was admirable, even though erdogan seems like he was starved of affection growing up, he is however the sort of leader the true powerbase in the west loves, brutal, vindictive and authoritarian. Maybe it was a friendly nudge, don't get too independent, remember the script.

    I love your Candide-like thought. For me, however the event occurred, it is now a wide door for him to drive, and trample, imperiously through....

Sign In or Register to comment.