Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Wearable Metronome with Ableton Link

http://www.soundbrenner.com

Pretty cool product I stumbled upon. I emailed then and tried to get them to send me a free one to review on my youtube channel but they would not. Oh well.

Thoughts on this? Anybody have it or tried it out?

Comments

• Couldn't see any mention of Ableton Link.....where did you get that from ?

• I emailed them. Also I just downloaded their app, and I can confirm that the app has Ableton Link. Its a pretty cool free metronome app by itself especially considering it has Ableton Link.

• I own this, invested in their crowd funding campaign. It's come a long way very fast from launch. Becoming very usable. I use it to perform mind bending, seemingly impossible instrumental acrobatics whilst operating sequenced modulation and synth/sample accompaniment.

• That looks really interesting, for drummers that want to play along with sequenced stuff, but dont want to wear headphones with a click track.

It seems like an actual tap on your wrist would work better than a vibration, but what do the people that have used it say?

• It's not perfect in that regard, but usable. You have to find where on your body it works for you, tighten the strap as much as possible and practise a bit to get accustomed to it. I think it's worthwhile however

• wimwim
    edited July 2016

Oh wow.
    A vibrating device and "where on your body it works for you" in the same thread. I am so, so, so tempted to troll right now. Aaaahhhggghhh.

• Looks cool. I wonder if the same thing could be achieved with an iPhone that vibrates on the beat, and a running arm band?

• @gburks said:
    Looks cool. I wonder if the same thing could be achieved with an iPhone that vibrates on the beat, and a running arm band?

You wouldn't have a chance. The wearable is suuuper strong compared to a phone or smartwatch and it could still do with being stronger

• edited May 2018

My band has been playing around with this. It's more than a "wearable metronome" and would be better described as a haptic click track. We like it more than a click track and I think it's the direction we'll most likely go. One gripe though is you can set it for lots of time signatures, but the app cannot deal with time signature changes within a song at all. Also yesterday the app crashed in the middle of a song and the pulse stopped working. During a show that could have devastating consequences - hope that was a one-off or it could really kill the deal.

• Too much risk using any band during in live show :open_mouth: The wearable technology is improving faster and faster, but too much risk yet. Maybe today wearable technology was improved.

• @gmslayton said:
    http://www.soundbrenner.com

Pretty cool product I stumbled upon. I emailed then and tried to get them to send me a free one to review on my youtube channel but they would not. Oh well.

Thoughts on this? Anybody have it or tried it out?

a search for wearable metronomes on amazon brings up a quite a few variants...are you saying this is the only hardware one with Ableton Link built in? What is the advantage to that...that it can be wireless?

• edited September 2018

I have this. It’s OK but the first generation of hardware had a lot of problems. They’ve come very far with their software since then so hopefully they’ll lift the bar with their upcoming second generation wearable.