Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

which 61 key or greater MIDI keyboard do you like best?

I'm on the look for a MIDI keyboard with keys that feel solid and have some resistance. 61 keys minimum. Curious if there are any good quality built keyboards out there you use and prefer?

many thanks!

Greg K.

Comments

• The favourite I've tried is the Casio PX5s
    4 zone midi controller stage piano

• I have a cheapo m-audio keystation 61 I got off Craigslist. If you're looking for real weighted keys, forget it. But it serves its purpose. I actually like it a lot considering I got it for $50, never used in box.

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    I have a cheapo m-audio keystation 61 I got off Craigslist. If you're looking for real weighted keys, forget it. But it serves its purpose. I actually like it a lot considering I got it for $50, never used in box.

Wow! well thanks. I have a Korg M1 and was wanting better feeling keys. I have to hit these keys super hard when I want some volume and the action feels tinsely. Maybe its a age thing. Probably leaning toward weighted keys at this point but will consider anything that give me more resistance... :)

• edited July 2016

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    The favourite I've tried is the Casio PX5s
    4 zone midi controller stage piano

This is worth checking out (thought I wish I could spend a little less:)) ! thanks...

• I have the LaunchKey 61 MK2 and I really like it.

• @JiggyWig said:
    I have the LaunchKey 61 MK2 and I really like it.

Thank you! do the keys feel very solid? somewhat solid? or flimsy, would you say?

• They feel pretty sturdy. A good action, not weighted, it's still "synth action", but nicely solid IMO.

• @JiggyWig said:
    They feel pretty sturdy. A good action, not weighted, it's still "synth action", but nicely solid IMO.

thank you! might work for me. I'll check it out!!

• I have an icon iKeyboard and I'm quite happy with it. It is relatively inexpensive but I think has excellent key feel for the price. Better than anything I tried that is remotely in that price range; plus it has a compact black metal case which I like.

• If nice keys with MIDI out is your main objective you might consider trolling craigslist for 'non pro' home keyboards. Lots of older ones go for a song, have MIDI out and great build quality.

If you want something more modern, all of bigger Novation controllers use nice Fatar keybeds. I think the larger Akai boards use the same.

• great suggestions! thanks all! All worth checking out....