Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Voice Bot is on the bus!

edited July 2013 in General App Discussion

Voice bot is a real time channel vocoder. Using the microphone, your voice modulates the synth resulting in a robot like singing voice. The synth engine, also known as the carrier, comes with the oscillator shapes saw, square, pulse and noise and a pitch lfo. For the modulation part of the engine there is amplification settings for 8 frequency bands, frame smudge and sample rate, delay and flanger. There is also a minimalistic sampler and support for midi keys and Audiobus (output, effect and input).

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id654025530?mt=8

Comments

• More vocoders is always good. Anyone try this yet? I wonder how its sound compares to that of iVoxel...

• Downloading now, will report back when I get a chance to play with it. :)

• I got it earlier and couldn't get much that wasnt glitchy out of it :(

• edited July 2013

Another app I can't figure out how to get any usable sound out of. My limitation most likely and not the app's fault.

• edited July 2013

Hello. I am sorry to hear about the glitches. I wonder if it could be down to the device maybe. What are you using @eyeballjackson?

As for the quality of sound it is not up to me to comment on. I made a really quick quick sample, For people that have not bought the application, if you do not like the sample I am 100% sure you should not buy the application. You will not like it then.

For other lo-fi lover nuts like me, I think there is a possibility of having a bit of fun with it... Who knows.

Thanks.

ERik

• I'm using an iPad4.
    The demo sounds pretty cool. Not sure I prefer it to iVoxel but I will give it another try.

• Hmmm, iPad 4. I only have access to an iPad mini, but it must be powerful enough, I mean it must be better than mine. Possibly try to up the buffer to 512. Also, I recommend using a midi device as the sound of the fingers touching the glass is usually picked up by the internal mic, at least for me...

I hope that helps.

Thanks

ERik

• Finally got a chance to try it out - sound was OK on my iPhone4, but I sure could use some help with the UI - it seems a bit too minimalistic for me. Will try it out on an iPad soon. Overall iVoxel has it beat. Then again it's only a dollar.

• Any more in-depth demos or samples with other sounds?

• edited July 2013

I'll see what I can do after work, if inspiration strikes. I'll send you a promo code anyway, if you want to try it out @jesse_ohio...

Thanks

ERik

• Thanks Erik!! Can't wait to try it - you rock! :)

• Oooh yeaah!
    I love it! This would be great