Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Aphex twin new single created in Korg Gadget...

encenc
edited July 2016 in General App Discussion

....?

If it wasn't, It very well could have been !!
Check it out .... Cirklon 3

Comments

• encenc
    edited July 2016

double post delete

• Pretty sure he's using all the original "gadgets".

• Do you really reckon it is?

It certainly sounds pretty Gadgety.

• encenc
    edited July 2016

here's the 'gadget' track ...

i like the track but its not exactly ground breaking is it ?
    i've heard better tracks posted by users on this forum TBH

• edited July 2016

hehe pretty sure he's using a Cirklon...hence the title

edit: Many many years ago, an old friend of mine swore up and down that the beginning of an Autechre track (something from EP7) was a direct sample from an Aphex song. He could never prove it but would never stop insisting that it was true.

• I think our iPads (and heads) would literally explode if Kord added a list of Gadgets that long. That's quite a list of gear - begs the question though ... Is all that necessary?

• encenc
    edited July 2016

gear - begs the question though ... Is all that necessary?

Nope :)

• Of course, if anybody put this up on Song of the Month Club here, s/he might get a "nice one! great bass sound! but I think what it really needs is a bridge. keep at it!!"

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Of course, if anybody put this up on Song of the Month Club here, s/he might get a "nice one! great bass sound! but I think what it really needs is a bridge. keep at it!!"

I agree. It really did sound like some pretty average thing you'd hear on Gadget cloud.

The video was more interesting IMO.

• Huh it sounds so 90s Warp records like B12 (which I love(d). Maybe he is trying to guide the kids getting started, show them their roots or something? ..maybe I am too much of a forgiving fanboy looking for an explanation?

• @AudioGus said:
    Huh it sounds so 90s Warp records like B12 (which I love(d). Maybe he is trying to guide the kids getting started, show them their roots or something? ..maybe I am too much of a forgiving fanboy looking for an explanation?

Maybe I was being too harsh. I only listened to it once.

• The irony is the track and EP titles state what he made it with...

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@AudioGus said:
    Huh it sounds so 90s Warp records like B12 (which I love(d). Maybe he is trying to guide the kids getting started, show them their roots or something? ..maybe I am too much of a forgiving fanboy looking for an explanation?

Maybe I was being too harsh. I only listened to it once.

I don't think so, and I'm a fan.
    It's certainly not "Flim."

• maybe he needs to do more drukqs?

• @AudioGus said:
    maybe he needs to do more drukqs?

heh

• @CalCutta said:

Huh, so it's a product demo of sorts for a sequencer...

• edited July 2016

@AudioGus said:

@CalCutta said:

http://www.sequentix.com/cirklon.htm

http://www.gforcesoftware.com/extras/syntharchive/cheetah-ms800

(Aphex just pulled a gag at NAMM last week where he "demoed" his new EP, talking about how it was made on the Cheetah synth).

edit: And no, this is not a demo, this is Aphex just using gear to make the music he wants to make.

• edited July 2016

@CalCutta said:

@AudioGus said:

@CalCutta said:

http://www.sequentix.com/cirklon.htm

http://www.gforcesoftware.com/extras/syntharchive/cheetah-ms800

(Aphex just pulled a gag at NAMM last week where he "demoed" his new EP, talking about how it was made on the Cheetah synth).

edit: And no, this is not a demo, this is Aphex just using gear to make the music he wants to make.

I was being somewhere between pissy and snotty... snippy?

I am just jealous, why does he get to have all the fun!? :wink:

• @enc said:

i like the track but its not exactly ground breaking is it ? i've heard better tracks posted by users on this forum TBH

I agree. I know next to nothing about Aphex Twin but that track does nothing for me. Feel free to turn me in the right direction, however.

• edited July 2016

@Brain said:

@enc said:

i like the track but its not exactly ground breaking is it ? i've heard better tracks posted by users on this forum TBH

I agree. I know next to nothing about Aphex Twin but that track does nothing for me. Feel free to turn me in the right direction, however.

'Drukqs' was the first album i heard and I loved it.

• @Brain said:

@enc said:

"Selected Ambient Works" was the only album of his I really connected with - but admittedly haven't listened to much of his stuff.

• @Halftone said:

@Brain said:

@enc said:

"Selected Ambient Works" was the only album of his I really connected with - but admittedly haven't listened to much of his stuff.

Not a fan of his last few releases but I'd advise you check 'I Care Because You Do', 'Selected Ambient Works II', the 'Analord' series (not the compilation), 'Hangable Auto Bulb' 1 & 2 and 'Surfing On Sine Waves'. A lot of people love 'Druqks', but it's too unfocused for my liking. His older stuff is more streamlined with some gorgeous melodies.

• @Brain said:
    ...Feel free to turn me in the right direction, however.

Richard is not everyone's cup of tea. I'm a fan though. The guy has an extensive catalogue with a lot of variety in his work, plus he actually has some talent as a musician, something which can't be said about most in the electronic genre. On top of that he clearly has a sense of humor which tells me he's having fun with it. Some vids:

• @sleepless said:

Not a fan of his last few releases but I'd advise you check 'I Care Because You Do', 'Selected Ambient Works II', the 'Analord' series (not the compilation), 'Hangable Auto Bulb' 1 & 2 and 'Surfing On Sine Waves'. A lot of people love 'Druqks', but it's too unfocused for my liking. His older stuff is more streamlined with some gorgeous melodies.

I ended up breaking Druqks down into two playlists.

• Plus there's this... Listen for the... I don't even know what it's called, but it goes "bwoooooop!" up and "bwooooop!" down. :D

• @1P18 said:

@Brain said:
    ...Feel free to turn me in the right direction, however.

Richard is not everyone's cup of tea. I'm a fan though. The guy has an extensive catalogue with a lot of variety in his work, plus he actually has some talent as a musician, something which can't be said about most in the electronic genre. On top of that he clearly has a sense of humor which tells me he's having fun with it. Some vids:

Hahaha I love that fingerbib video! Always cracks me up!

• Only one song a month on SOTMC please Richard.