Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

WTF Do Those Knobs Do? Animoog Abuse

edited July 2016 in Creations

What The Fuck Do Those Knobs Do? Animoog Abuse 1

I’ve been abusing it. Not what one is supposed to do with Animoog.

It’s also an experiment with how low-tech I can make these videos — the camera is, would you believe, a webcam (Logitech C920, and the mixing/switching is all on the Mac, using Camtwist!)

Comments

• Great job. I like how you have the iPad up on the screen behind you. Most videos you don't see the person talking. Reminds me of a Neil deGrasse Tyson space doc except here it's music.

• Yes, What The Fun...

• Getting better and better. Thank you, excellent.

• Here’s a second subsequent version, in which everything actually went better, except that for some reason unnoticed to me the mic dropped signal level (no idea why, but I think it may have become mechanically unreliable, as I think it has done that before as I clip it on and off. It is an AKG CK99 L lav mic, going into a MPA V L phantom power adaptor, going into an A&H Zed 10 mixer, normally sounding nice). This is not public but you can see it if you like, if you don’t mind the bad mic sound:

• I really like it. However I don't like your image over the app itself, if there was a way to do it like Jakob Haq where it is off to the side that would be better... that way I can see what is going on with the ribbon controller too. I learned a lot from watching the videos!

• Love it.

• Great video Ian, really enjoyed how you stripped the app down to have it do something totally different.

• Thank you again Ian...it is a good incentive to create new sounds